• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Have you received any magic ideas from books or tv shows or media that you applied to the real world?

ChaosMarc

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
For example, I just finished The Black Company book series and I highly recommend it. Spoilers ahead.
Throughout the series, there were a few magicians that used crows and shadows to attack and information gather. One guy was able to create or find (Not sure) hundreds or maybe thousands of shadows that had enough intelligence to know not to constantly attack everything and because of this, he knew every move his enemies made and every conversation they had. I don't need to attack anyone but I could absolutely use some servitors (At least that's what I think our equivalent would be. Feel free to talk about your ideas on this) that could communicate entire conversations to me that specific people have had or are having. Although, I think you would have to put some if/ then statements or trigger on/ off words in their "programming" so you don't spend 16 hours a day listening to the 90% of the conversations that wouldn't be useful to hear
Most of the time when I'm ingesting information meant to entertain (Like the show The Magicians, or the book series The Wheel Of Time <---Also Highly Recommend) most of it is fun fantasy, but I find 2 or 3 possibly useful "spells" or uses of magic that I can think of that could actually work.
I want to hear about things YOU have found out there that you think we in this reality really could do and that would be useful.

And I would appreciate people not saying "Everything is possible, the limits to your magic are the limits to your imagination".
I don't have 15 years to spend learning how to cast this spell from The Magicians:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Description: This is the opposite to the
. Instead of hammering a nail through a surface this spell extracts it.

I mean sure, that might be possible. But 15 years to take nails out of surfaces? That one wouldn't be worth it.

ChaosMarc

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I just finished Dragon Bones from Jan Fries. Boring 1000 pages of Shang Dynasty without him understanding the magical importance of that time. Zero inspiring, just a list of a million cut-off ears. Dang, I could have done better 😏
Thanks for letting me know. The title sounds awesome but I'm not a fan of engaging with literature I find uninspiring. You saved everyone here time (y)

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
as for dejvu the tv " discovery of Witches" i actually know that book and that kind of here now gone now, thing ; I
For example, I just finished The Black Company book series and I highly recommend it. Spoilers ahead.
Throughout the series, there were a few magicians that used crows and shadows to attack and information gather. One guy was able to create or find (Not sure) hundreds or maybe thousands of shadows that had enough intelligence to know not to constantly attack everything and because of this, he knew every move his enemies made and every conversation they had. I don't need to attack anyone but I could absolutely use some servitors (At least that's what I think our equivalent would be. Feel free to talk about your ideas on this) that could communicate entire conversations to me that specific people have had or are having. Although, I think you would have to put some if/ then statements or trigger on/ off words in their "programming" so you don't spend 16 hours a day listening to the 90% of the conversations that wouldn't be useful to hear
Most of the time when I'm ingesting information meant to entertain (Like the show The Magicians, or the book series The Wheel Of Time <---Also Highly Recommend) most of it is fun fantasy, but I find 2 or 3 possibly useful "spells" or uses of magic that I can think of that could actually work.
I want to hear about things YOU have found out there that you think we in this reality really could do and that would be useful.

And I would appreciate people not saying "Everything is possible, the limits to your magic are the limits to your imagination".
I don't have 15 years to spend learning how to cast this spell from The Magicians:

Description: This is the opposite to the
. Instead of hammering a nail through a surface this spell extracts it.

I mean sure, that might be possible. But 15 years to take nails out of surfaces? That one wouldn't be worth it.
hey being an atheist cant help you , even a demon knows god all the while he pontifies on the null. 15 years is not long and it is not for a nail but the ability therefore, probaly intense will power of extracation. i worked on a magical desire for 40 years about one hour a day! but now i have a longer life along with certain powers in the bedroom worth it, these little projects are symbols.

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not familiar with Kuji or Kiri, it seems a quick google search would show that Kuji-kiri is a system of 9 Japanese mudras. Interesting, although my experience with mudras was been uneventful. Maybe I wasn't moving enough energy LOL. Looking at IIH, looks like mudras are part of Step 4 so I will wait until then to experiment.
actualy 91 hand seals the nine are the basic, the secret here is earth energy drawen through the body, and the total harnessing of all inner energies to supply an incantation along with the seal with force , so there you gp

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
the TV show "a discovery of witches" is somthing I have gone through, the book thing also I beleive in incarnations as it shows plus the weaver idea is real so that show is a witch show of truth worth it. I have gone through many books and fill my phone with as many as possible, I just got one on Dragon spell casting which is perhaps a magical discovery just like this tv show as in not sure who brought it to me or what??? A book you canot buy. But Harry Potter gives me a head ache, but their use of portals is possible this is the secret to elves, portals into natural worlds around us but beyond mundane.