• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Report Heavenly Bridegrooms by Ida Craddock

A post detailing the poster's experience/thoughts with a book.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ida Craddock was a member of the Theosophical Society And proclaimed she was a priestess and pastor in the Church of Yoga.

Craddock claimed to be Married to an Angel with whom she had sexual relations with. The book is an overview of the phenomenon of Heavenly Bridegrooms and brides

it discusses the concept in various cultures and religions such as the sons of God coming down and having children with human woman, Mary having a child by G-d’s Spirit (Or the Angel Gabriel), the god Bacchus, Osiris etc. There are also stories of men n woman having relations and marrying spirits.

she also discusses a bit of how to have sex with ones bride groom, bride.

the Talmud and various Jewish writings also discuss marriage between human and non human

imo it’s possible to have one but difficult as it takes the ability for the mind and body to connect with a non physical entity

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Ideas of afterlife marriage have always been fascinating to me. It definitely speaks to a very human desire to remain with someone you share a deep bond with.

Does the book go into an details of her marriage to the angel? Like how she achieved it?

I always like to try and piece the mechanics of these things together in my mind.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ideas of afterlife marriage have always been fascinating to me. It definitely speaks to a very human desire to remain with someone you share a deep bond with.

Does the book go into an details of her marriage to the angel? Like how she achieved it?

I always like to try and piece the mechanics of these things together in my mind.
I think she mentioned every one may have had one but as to how she met hers I do not recall reading that

she did say that many woman during the time of the witch trials who claimed to be seeing demons who had sex with them may have been seeing their bridegrooms, but due to their bad state of mind they saw these angels as Incubi, the difference between the true demon is that if the woman demanded the spirit leave then it would not return

she does however go into detail on say marriage laws...even if the spirit lives in what she calls in the borderland and you cheat it can result in divorce, same with abuses.

imo She likely went into a trance state and met her bridegroom