• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hellier and synchronicity

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
A year or so ago, I was browsing around Prime video trying to find something to watch and ran into Hellier. Binged both seasons, followed the Newkirks on Twitter and all that.

I think the thing that's stood out is the concept of synchronicity. Not much else stuck in mind initially. I'm doing a rewatch just for fun right now.

We used to live in a very small town, median age in the mid 60's. Not many kids. We found a mylar happy birthday balloon in our back yard. Once again, maybe just coincidence, but I can honestly say I've never had a balloon like that show up in my yard, before that one time or since.

I've noticed a lot of synchronicities since then, not necessarily all major things, but strange nonetheless. For example, last night I had King of the Hill playing on TV, while I was reading the forum. I was reading the Ancestral Veneration thread (which is NOT something I'm generally interested in, so it was weird that I was even looking at that thread) and at the same time, I start hearing the word "ancestors" from the TV. I don't remember what episode it was, but it was in season 11 or 12. Coincidence? Almost definitely, but it was 1 of 3 odd synchronicities that happened yesterday, and so far we've had an odd synchronicity today.

Sometimes it seems like the matrix gets really glitchy.

Anyways, I was wondering what others thought of Hellier or synchronicities.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Never watched Hellier, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to TV shows. I have limited time, so I really only go for shit with MAX production value and BEST overall experience. Not saying all of y'alls taste is shit, but if it's 5.9 on IMDb I can't take the risk hahaha.

However, I notice insane synchronicity in my day to day life. Sort of like what you described, that kind of thing happens to me at least a couple times per week, no doubt. I usually just tell myself it's just a coincidence and it's something that comes to my attention because it's synchronous. There's millions of events every day that just go by unnoticed, so it's not that uncanny. At least that's what I tell myself. Otherwise I'd spend my whole life trying to uncover something and that'll 99% lead to ruin.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Hellier has really good production values. I can't say whether you'd like it or not, but I suspect the IMDB rating is due to the subject matter. Give the first episode a try. You can also watch for free on hellier.tv.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hellier has really good production values. I can't say whether you'd like it or not, but I suspect the IMDB rating is due to the subject matter. Give the first episode a try. You can also watch for free on hellier.tv.
If you truly recommend and vouch for it, I will add it to my list. Usually I go by IMDb unless someone personally vouches for a show (and ofc they have proven IMDb wrong in the past).

Is it very horror-y/jumpscares/gonna give me nightmares tho?

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
No not at all. It’s a documentary, partially set in Hellier, Kentucky. Some of it is probably BS, but the parts about synchronicity are good and it’s generally entertaining, especially season 1.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Never watched Hellier, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to TV shows. I have limited time, so I really only go for shit with MAX production value and BEST overall experience. Not saying all of y'alls taste is shit, but if it's 5.9 on IMDb I can't take the risk hahaha.

However, I notice insane synchronicity in my day to day life. Sort of like what you described, that kind of thing happens to me at least a couple times per week, no doubt. I usually just tell myself it's just a coincidence and it's something that comes to my attention because it's synchronous. There's millions of events every day that just go by unnoticed, so it's not that uncanny. At least that's what I tell myself. Otherwise I'd spend my whole life trying to uncover something and that'll 99% lead to ruin.
There are no coincidences.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The synchronicities haven’t stopped. I’ve been working on a painting of a skull and was recently given a trumpet that I was bugging Incog about fixing (I’m gonna fix it, I just need the parts and I don’t drive) and my favorite indie artist posted a painting of a skeleton and another of a trumpet. 😳

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I have not read Crowley's Magick in Theory in Practice (not from cover to cover) in a long time. Hellier season 2 ends with an invocation ritual for Pan. Magick in Theory and Practice, just before the introduction, begins with the Hymn to Pan. Weird.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I was watching some show while I was reading about invoking angels with a mental bolt of lightening. Right as I'm reading this a huge thunderstorm starts in the show. I thought it was pretty neat.