• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcanelli

Visitor
Reaction score
I'm a student of philosophy from Argentina, and a total newcomer here. I'm interested in many things. Right now I'm deep into language acquisiton. I have been learning english for a year applying Stephen Krashen's insights into linguistics, and it has been a crazy journey. Now that my understanding of english has a firm grasp, I started to learn latin as well (salvēte omnēs!). It is going slow, but I enjoy it. Most probably, german will be the next one.

As with many other things, I found this place by accident, downloading books about alchemy on the pirate bay. I have a sane sense of skepticism, as my philosophical ground is almost based on David Hume and David Bohm. It's really helpful if you want to go deep into metaphysics and theology without getting lost. But that doesn't mean that I'm closed to learn about magic and stuff. Truth is truth, and if there is truth I want to know. So that's the reason why I'm here, to learn n.n

I must say, I'm absolutely curious about hermeticism and occult philosophy. It's difficult to get a good start on those. I don't mind going slow. I learn new things everyday, and there is a sense of natural discipline within myself.

I will be around here to see how it goes. I already found some author looking around, so that's nice.

Well, that was my introductions. See you next time!

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Amazing, a student of philosophy! I love philosophy myself (just haven't studied it formally ha) and alchemy is simply just that.
Unfortunately, there isn't that much quality material when it comes to alchemy, so if you could share anything you learn to the forum it would be greatly appreciated, as well as any ponderings worth discussing. :)
You are very welcome here!

Fausto

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'm a student of philosophy from Argentina, and a total newcomer here. I'm interested in many things. Right now I'm deep into language acquisiton. I have been learning english for a year applying Stephen Krashen's insights into linguistics, and it has been a crazy journey. Now that my understanding of english has a firm grasp, I started to learn latin as well (salvēte omnēs!). It is going slow, but I enjoy it. Most probably, german will be the next one.

As with many other things, I found this place by accident, downloading books about alchemy on the pirate bay. I have a sane sense of skepticism, as my philosophical ground is almost based on David Hume and David Bohm. It's really helpful if you want to go deep into metaphysics and theology without getting lost. But that doesn't mean that I'm closed to learn about magic and stuff. Truth is truth, and if there is truth I want to know. So that's the reason why I'm here, to learn n.n

I must say, I'm absolutely curious about hermeticism and occult philosophy. It's difficult to get a good start on those. I don't mind going slow. I learn new things everyday, and there is a sense of natural discipline within myself.

I will be around here to see how it goes. I already found some author looking around, so that's nice.

I do not have patience for philosophy, but be welcome, dude, maybe you can learn much thing here. :)

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards

Well shit, welcome! As a horticulture student, when knocking out cores I took a philosophy course at one point. Definitely one of the more interesting electives.

One book for hermetics you may love to read that includes both theory and practice, is Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon. Though actually knuckling down to use it as a full workbook will take you a long time to finish, (with the skill payoff to more than make up for it) just reading the thing is pretty informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.