• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hello friends and purveyors of esoteric knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

belowkeys

Visitor
Reaction score
I can't believe this is my first time finding this forum. It is an absolute treasure trove. Thanks for having me!

I call myself a magician; in my case I define this as someone interested in the study and history of magic alongside having a magical practice myself. I've been interested in and actively developing a practice for couple decades now so I'm thrilled to be here in a space where I can expand this with other likeminded and knowledgeable people. I like the basics but as my practice has evolved and become more niche I've been wanting to branch out more and absorb more knowledge. I've never really been a forum user before but that is definitely about to change.

belowkeys

Visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for joining us :)

What are your spesific interests when it comes to occult, if you don't mind me asking?
Hard to give a succinct answer when my heart wants to say all of it lol. Personally I am mostly interested in necromancy, alchemy, cartomancy, chaos magic, entropy magic, Orphism, Hellenism, and egregores. So pretty broad. I have been pretty fascinated with what I call “magical orthodoxies” which I define as like historical instances of magical practices with strictly set rules in which deviation is stigmatized and looked down on mostly as an acknowledgement of their appearances in various practices leading to different offshoots and secular practices removed from those orthodoxies which I think appears significantly in a lot of new ageisms and Wicca. I just find all of it really fascinating and enjoy observing community dynamics and responses to various cultural themes that appear both in modern evolutions of these practices and historically.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Wow! Interesting! I'm not a Magician, I don't practice any sort of Magick. However, I am more into Energy Work, Astral Travel, Pathworking or Visualizing stuff. Welcome by the way Lowkeys!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Wow! Interesting! I'm not a Magician, I don't practice any sort of Magick. However, I am more into Energy Work, Astral Travel, Pathworking or Visualizing stuff. Welcome by the way Lowkeys!
Aren't Astral Travel & Pathworking magick? I thought the practice was bigger than just colored candles and embroidered bathrobes.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Aren't Astral Travel & Pathworking magick? I thought the practice was bigger than just colored candles and embroidered bathrobes.
Well, in broad sense, everything is Magick. Look at the Trees and Plants, and Flowers. How they grow leaves, and bloom each Spring. That's Magick!

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hard to give a succinct answer when my heart wants to say all of it lol. Personally I am mostly interested in necromancy, alchemy, cartomancy, chaos magic, entropy magic, Orphism, Hellenism, and egregores. So pretty broad. I have been pretty fascinated with what I call “magical orthodoxies” which I define as like historical instances of magical practices with strictly set rules in which deviation is stigmatized and looked down on mostly as an acknowledgement of their appearances in various practices leading to different offshoots and secular practices removed from those orthodoxies which I think appears significantly in a lot of new ageisms and Wicca. I just find all of it really fascinating and enjoy observing community dynamics and responses to various cultural themes that appear both in modern evolutions of these practices and historically.

Studying the history of esotericism, from various angles, is probably the best cure for magical orthodoxies. One more reason I love
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Status
Not open for further replies.