• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatti

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm Gatti, and I'm new to magic. I've been interested in magic for awhile, but whenever I've done a simple google search I haven't found credible info to start my journey. I did try one short book with no success. I found this forum today, so hopefully I can get some quality knowledge here! Where I am in life right now, I am interested in magic related to wealth and powers like clairvoyance and telekinesis and speaking in foreign tongues and such. I also have a deep connection to the natural world and animals, so maybe there's magic I can do related to that (elemental or earth magic perhaps?). I want to be able to live life lucidly, and I believe magic is the doorway to that. Cheers!

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome Gatti! I’m new to Magick as well except I have decided to focus all my energies into learning Enochian, which definitely incorporates elemental Magick into it but I think you’re definitely more interested in LHP Magick.

maybe you should look into chaos Magick? Not sure about the telekinesis part though

Gatti

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi Lemongrass! Just how you're focusing on Enochian, I think I should probably focus on a certain branch of magick, but I'm not familiar with the families of magick yet. I'm curious to know why you think LHP or chaos magick is what I should pursue? Anyways, I bet clairvoyance and telekinesis are not for the novice, so right now my main focus would be money magick and some natural magick. What have you been learning in Enochian related to elemental magick? I haven't read up on elemental yet, so I'm excited to see what is possible tapping into natural forces and phenomenon. In my mind I think of waterbending or pyrokinesis when I think of elemental magick, but I don't know if this is accurate or can be done. I like to think I have a connection to fire and earth, so working with them would be up my alley.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hi Lemongrass! Just how you're focusing on Enochian, I think I should probably focus on a certain branch of magick, but I'm not familiar with the families of magick yet. I'm curious to know why you think LHP or chaos magick is what I should pursue? Anyways, I bet clairvoyance and telekinesis are not for the novice, so right now my main focus would be money magick and some natural magick. What have you been learning in Enochian related to elemental magick? I haven't read up on elemental yet, so I'm excited to see what is possible tapping into natural forces and phenomenon. In my mind I think of waterbending or pyrokinesis when I think of elemental magick, but I don't know if this is accurate or can be done. I like to think I have a connection to fire and earth, so working with them would be up my alley.
Right so energy manipulation is what you’re thinking of and I’m pretty sure some sects of shamanism deal with that if I’m not mistaken.

chaos Magick is an umbrella term to various practices from various paths with the goal of it being largely customizable to the user. However most variation share some common things. I’d suggest watching a few videos or reading about it.

Enochian elemental Magick (working with the elemental tablets) deals primarily in acquiring worldly knowledge rather than acquiring goods, although I should mention there are a group of “wicked” angels who are alleged to give largely what the magician wants.

in general LHP Magick is about benefiting and elevating the individual and usually focused on worldly things. RHP is more about tapping into the divine stream of wisdom to become closer to your deity (I am Christian and Enochian is largely a Christian heavy system of Magick)

maybe some of the more advanced members can help me out but I’m pretty sure Magick you’re thinking of like telekinesis or shooting fire balls and stuff is largely not how Magick works. I could be totally wrong like I said I exclusively cover Enochian.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Ok so I forgot there is one site of a guy I read who practices something he calls “Enochian Shamanism” he sounds a bit kooky but he does have some valuable nuggets of wisdom, I’ll drop the link so you can assess it yourself.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
@Gatti Welcome :) I think you'd be interested in traditional / folk magick, which often deals with forces of nature and local spirits.
@Lemongrass00 To make it short - chaos isn't LHP. It doesn't belong in any of the more traditional categories, which is exactly the point - you could just as well substitute the word "chaos" with "experimental".

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
in general LHP Magick is about benefiting and elevating the individual and usually focused on worldly things. RHP is more about tapping into the divine stream of wisdom to become closer to your deity (I am Christian and Enochian is largely a Christian heavy system of Magick)
I think you're confusing the terms here. What you're describing as LHP and RHP are the differences between High and Low magick (aka Terrestrial and Celestial). It also is sometimes confused with Ceremonial and Practical, but that's more of a "format" if you will, while Low and High magick describe the nature of work. Left and Right hand paths are terms used to describe two different "schools of thought" you could say, and either path can engage in Celestial and Terrestrial workings, in either Practical or Ceremonial format.
If you guys have any further questions, then by all means make a new thread in the Q&A, so more people can see it. ;)

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
@Gatti Welcome :) I think you'd be interested in traditional / folk magick, which often deals with forces of nature and local spirits.
@Lemongrass00 To make it short - chaos isn't LHP. It doesn't belong in any of the more traditional categories, which is exactly the point - you could just as well substitute the word "chaos" with "experimental".
Ah my bad, thanks for the correction

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome! Feel free to post your questions here: Occult Q&A

I would suggest thoroughly familiarizing yourself with the basics, and perhaps even more advanced forms of magic before even attempting to learn about things like telekenesis as it's easy to be misled by false information, lies, money traps and so on when it comes to this type of magic.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I'm Gatti, and I'm new to magic. I've been interested in magic for awhile, but whenever I've done a simple google search I haven't found credible info to start my journey. I did try one short book with no success. I found this forum today, so hopefully I can get some quality knowledge here! Where I am in life right now, I am interested in magic related to wealth and powers like clairvoyance and telekinesis and speaking in foreign tongues and such. I also have a deep connection to the natural world and animals, so maybe there's magic I can do related to that (elemental or earth magic perhaps?). I want to be able to live life lucidly, and I believe magic is the doorway to that. Cheers!=
Hey, welcome! Yeah, the internet can definitely be a toss-up when it comes to good info. Hopefully you can find stuff more consistently useful on here, though. And do check out some of the natural magic stuff! There's a lot to that. Elemental magic like you said, as well as what I guess could be called earth magic. I've even written a bit on here about things like communicating with trees and using different plants in spellwork, if you wanna check that out.

But in general, the best thing to do no matter what path you go toward is work on some basics first. They tend to be pretty similar across the board- meditation, focusing your thoughts, visualization, etc. A lot of it is just sticking with practicing this consistently, because sometimes it does in fact get frustrating, and may even seem pointless at times. But believe me, it pays off.

If I may ask, what was the name of the book you've read?

Either way, again welcome to the site and enjoy your stay! :D

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome! Feel free to post your questions here: Occult Q&A

I would suggest thoroughly familiarizing yourself with the basics, and perhaps even more advanced forms of magic before even attempting to learn about things like telekenesis as it's easy to be misled by false information, lies, money traps and so on when it comes to this type of magic.
Ditto. Like a lot of the flashier and physics-breaking abilities, it's something sexy we'd all love to learn, but one of the hardest things to actually pull off. Telekinesis isn't a bad goal to work towards, but it's good to not hyperfixate too much on that specifically, because that can make it even less likely you'll achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.