• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Hermetic’s vs kybalion

Everyone's got one.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
What are your thoughts?
Is the Kybalion a more stand alone text or does it intertwine in a feasible way with Hermetics. Does it do so in such a way you’d consider the Kybalion as a part of or a crucial addition to Hermetics?
or do you think it really is just a more new age rip off?
It’d be an interesting discussion below, no right or wrong, just opinions.

(Even if your opinion is the wrong one 😂)

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
or does it intertwine in a feasible way with Hermetics
Only some sections. It was written in a time the word "hermetic" was synonimous with anything spiritual.

But there are clear differences between the traditional texts and Kybalion. On top of my head I remember (it should be in Poemandres section) God is clearly stated to be even beyond Nous/Mind, whereas Kybalions famous phrase is "All is mind".

I just think its hard to take serious as a Hermetic text. By itself I have found The Kybalion very fascinating and I have a special edition of it on my Kindle.

OberonFromTheHills

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The Kybalion is definitely a stand alone text that is the produce of early 20th century occultism.

Just like any medieval/renaissance grimoire, it uses a clickbait, older term/name to sound more ancient and relevant to the audience.

primalpiggy

Visitor
Reaction score
I often find the seven principles useful to generate energy in a vampiric way from people who do not know them. Manipulating polarity for instance drives people to become very passionate against the opposite pole. I can then utilize that energy for my purposes. I've made quite a bit money this way as well pushing engagement to extreme heights in social media.