• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hierosgamos, the alchemical wedding

Reaction score
Awards
Can this be explained in a nutshell, and how it relates the macrocosm.and microcosm? What do the Sun and Moon, being wed, bear?

Len Seliesen

Neophyte
Reaction score
Possibly.. Community. In it's best form I mean. Not similar to our reality on earth today. And for microcosm.. the most aware and best suited self to bare a wild, magical, and rich life. Not speaking of money.
Fire and enchantment together. The life giving fire and the inspiration of enchantment. I have no study in your query. Just responding from intuition. Good question from you, I thought.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Correct me if I was wrong ,but due to my understanding and perspective
Were...
Unification of the polarities?
Sun correspond to the masculine energy
And moon correspond to the feminine energy
To complete the ultimate phase / to produce alchemical gold
In microcosmic level this unification can be seen as the unification between male and female
In macrocosmic level this unification can be seen as the unification between body(salt) and spirit (mercury)
As it's told in bible or genesis :
These are the generations of the heavens and the earth,
Were spirit originates from heavens and the flesh originates from earth
Therefore the fruit or alchemical gold of this unification is we
the human species....
This can be seen also as unification of the micro and macro cosm in this context

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Sun correspond to the masculine energy
And moon correspond to the feminine energy
That is conventional interpretation, but the alchemists were very careful to hide their real meanings. For example: is the reference to the moon actually a blind (deliberate substitution)?

The concept of unification of male and female may be a simplification. Perhaps a dynamic swirling is more accurate with the polarities resonating, harmonising, and recovering to polarisation having generated a new third point.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
That is conventional interpretation, but the alchemists were very careful to hide their real meanings. For example: is the reference to the moon actually a blind (deliberate substitution)?

The concept of unification of male and female may be a simplification. Perhaps a dynamic swirling is more accurate with the polarities resonating, harmonising, and recovering to polarisation having generated a new third point.
Share us a good source to study alchemy
Were we would face
'Unconventional interpretation'
Maybe we find truth about these subjects after all
I never told those what I said as a fact

Thanks

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The earliest alchemical substances of which we know are recorded in the Sumerian accounts as the food of life and the water of life - to deal with the "god's" reduced lifespan under this aging sun. It is common to see Sumerian depictions of gods with their handbags of emergency rations

In the Middle Ages it was common for alchemists to hope for a stranger to walk into their lab and show them how to do it properly.

I am not sure individual books are particularly useful, as by convention, alchemists would not put all required knowledge into one book

Mineral alchemy is about stimulating the life force in mineral so that the mineral goes through its lifecycle and reaches its perfection.

For most humans it is better to start with gardening, watching the planetary and stellar cycles and their effects on the plants. That knowledge is central to stimulating minerals to reach their fulfilment.

Plant alchemy is good to practice with as it seldom kills the would-be alchemists and allows the building of right relationships on various planes.

It seems quite hard to be successful without help from higher beings.

On the other hand, if life extension is the only interest there are simpler ways of achieving that. Start with learning to control the physical and emotional desires

Reaction score
Awards
The earliest alchemical substances of which we know are recorded in the Sumerian accounts as the food of life and the water of life - to deal with the "god's" reduced lifespan under this aging sun. It is common to see Sumerian depictions of gods with their handbags of emergency rations

In the Middle Ages it was common for alchemists to hope for a stranger to walk into their lab and show them how to do it properly.

I am not sure individual books are particularly useful, as by convention, alchemists would not put all required knowledge into one book

Mineral alchemy is about stimulating the life force in mineral so that the mineral goes through its lifecycle and reaches its perfection.

For most humans it is better to start with gardening, watching the planetary and stellar cycles and their effects on the plants. That knowledge is central to stimulating minerals to reach their fulfilment.

Plant alchemy is good to practice with as it seldom kills the would-be alchemists and allows the building of right relationships on various planes.

It seems quite hard to be successful without help from higher beings.

On the other hand, if life extension is the only interest there are simpler ways of achieving that. Start with learning to control the physical and emotional desires
Well. By the very process of enlightenment across the planes, it seems to me alchemy definitely has to and does occur in the human to deity alchemy level, not saying we suddenly become gods and get superpowers, but something definitely occurs.
Plant alchemy I would love to get going on, maybe find a plant nursery job in the day hours.

Reaction score
Awards
I should work with the minerals in my care today, with a strong Flame in the Heart meditation simultaneously.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
IMO the "true" alchemical marriage is K&C with your HGA. Not sure if Heiros Gamos is the same. I do have the manual on it from Energetic Synthesis but I never got around to reading it.