• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Holy Daimon by Frater Acher

Talk about a book(s)

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Section 3 of the book is Acher's suggested protocol for achieving K&C with the HGA/Holy Daimon

(S1 is a history of the Holy Daimon in other times and places, eg the Zoroastrian 'fraveshi'; Section 2 is a personal account of how he did it - he said that in retrospect it was unnecessarily "Saturnine", ascetic, etc)

I've been practising it alongside Helios Unbound and come to understand its approach to a degree.

Everyone begins in a different place, and everyone needs to work on different areas to become ready for their HGA.

The first part of his operation which he calls TRUST, is about learning & demonstrating appropriate use of power.

Acher has talked about how he was a bully and thug as a teenager. A lot of TRUST is about use of power, from that perspective: your HGA is not going to give you more power if you abuse the power you currently hold.

This is probably the situation many magicians are in: they have too much Severity (Geburah; Mars) directed outwards and too much mercy/generosity, (Chesed, Jupiter) directed internally.

they need to learn to be less of an asshole to other people, and hold themselves to account more.

Problem: there is a whole 'nother swathe of people who's problem is being too much of an asshole to themselves, and not holding others to account. They also need to learn appropriate use of power - they need to accept the fact that they HAVE power and wield it, instead of shrinking away from it. Holy Daimon, the book, is kiiiind of not written for them.

Problem 2: people who are too harsh on themselves - perfectionists, typically - JUMP at the chance for a High Severity spiritual program. They do not trust themselves with power and feel much better with, you know, the Zen master who smacks you on the shoulder when you stop focusing.

People who tend narcissistic and need to work on taming their egos jump at any philosophy that says they should love themselves more and be more assertive (they are already way too "assertive")

So, two groups of people who need two different medicines, but who both instinctively reach for the other's prescription

Self awareness is required to know which you are , and I don't know how you teach it if someone isn't already partway there.

A full-blown narcissist isn't interested in learning what their true flaws are, and someone who's full-blown too harsh on themselves wastes their life in frivolous self-policing instead of doing the work, and would be terrified to learn they weren't that bad and they should just get on with things.

In my view Crowley was narcissistic but knew it - some of his practices seem designed to tame his ego. I don't know that they totally worked, but I doubt he'd have made it as far without any awareness of his own flaws.

Anyway: Acher's Holy Daimon is better suited to someone who's route to wholeness requires being harsher with themself, I think.

That's not the whole program - there's a whole section called JOY - but it's the general audience for it.

I''ve heard him say more recently that he's trying to move towards more "Venusian" as apposed to Saturnine practices these days)