• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] How do you enter trance state?

Someone's asking for help!

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I didn’t know she had a channel I’ll see that, what I mean by fraud is I’ve met a lot of scammers who claimed to be “spiritual”, is just in general occult stuff doesn’t get a good reputation, where I grew up a lot of people know those who did tarot cards were scam artists and tried to sell you books that didn’t do anything.

most usually spiritual stuff doesn’t get a good reputation,
I even met some people who turned out to be deeply religious instead of spiritual (they did not have an open mind at all) that they deeply wanted to convince me karma is real and I should “believe it”,
like the invisible police would come after me if I ever do wrong which is wishful thinking.

Any way, you know what I mean bad rep with this stuff usually. I forgot what name of the books were just wasn’t worth remembering.
doesn’t mean I’ll stop trying to do this, but man a lot of social rejects I encounter is tiring.

Also reading Demons of magick a lot of the sentences are mushed together into a wall of text so it’s harder to read
Demons of Magick is a different but whole system that really does a great job for most beginners. Amazon reviews are 4,5/5 and It's mostly praised in left-hand path forums. Tbh, it first attracted my attention when I've read very good recommendations by seasoned practitioners about it in LHP forums. (//2ZAMYkS) (//3BxcWmG)

This is a video by another amazing young writer about the book. (//3pReoOH)

Some people may recommend old known grimoires but IMHO that would not yield expected results especially for beginners and may even have adverse effects. That's why I've recommended a book written for modern people.

Always do your own search too across the internet and you'll see for yourself what is worth reading.

Magick is a vast area of disciplines and an interdisciplinary field. That is not what people expect but the more you learn, the more you know that you had to study more.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Though there are always easier forms around which may create wonders from time to time, as a rule of thumb gathering enough knowledge before jumping into something will always help you better in both the short and long run.

As for Karma, there are many different thoughts on it. Karma is mainly misunderstood by western cultures and that's why it's debated. Everything you do or you don't; will have some consequences in your life. So it's good to know beforehand how your intervention -your magick- will result. In his book, Modern Magick DM Kraig teaches to use tarot to see the possible results of an intervention. Tarot is not hard, you will see how useful it is within one or two months. Generally do not try to harm others. There is an urge to curse in beginners but if you may avoid that, this will help you so much along your path. There is always a better way, imagine yourself playing with Mikado sticks.

Do not rush, think ten times and cut once. You'll see that will yield much fewer problems, blockages, and far better results with much greater happiness. Don't go for the player, go for the ball.

I may not explain the core of the books in one or two sentences and I am sorry that yet I recommend you to read more and more but that is the way, you learn and you apply, on and on; step by step, brick by brick.

I've added one good Yt channel that may help you. There you may see books evaluations ( books again ;) ) but some basics there are well explained. Hopefully, It will be useful for you as you like videos.

//3CvXZCH

The secret to getting ahead is getting started. - Mark Twain

Good luck.

:)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure what’s the obsession with tik tok here, I’ve never use that,
Don't get triggered, there is no "obsession" with tiktok here. If you don't use it, then great. I just made a general statement about there being a lot of misinformation and new age nonsense on social media like tiktok, which is what people with short attention spans are often attracted to, and you just gave off the vibe of having a short attention span, so it was just a word of warning.

but I wasn’t saying exactly useful, I just didn’t get it. Books are not my thing and videos are easier.
No. There is nothing to "not get" about books. You are just too lazy to read, or don't have the attention span for it. If you don't have an attention span, or have a scatterbrain, or are otherwise unable to focus, then you have no hope of ever meditating, let alone reaching a trance like state.

It just nothing memorable sticks like they talk about nothing or just talk about giving warnings or just broad answers like you gotta meditate or you gotta set up a foundation, despite not knowing what that even means?
That sounds like a "you" problem.

well despite books being passed down I thought people who read it could talk what it was about, since it’s a lot of words compressed that goe from talking about how to invoke to the one time in middle school they saw some shadow figures and were hardcore goths or along those lines
Of course, people who have read books can talk about them and summarise then to others who are familiar with the subject. But if you are a complete newb, you're not going to glean anyything useful from it because you don't know anything about it, and someone would have to literally spend a month going back anf forth with you explaining the whole book in easily digestible chunks just for you. That's spoonfeeding and no one is gonna do that. Read the books.

I’m guessing there’s no tldr or simple way to explain it
You are guessing right.

I get that but I don’t know what books to read, someone did state some books here to read now, but most answers were to find books (I got them on Reddit too s Connolly apparently the bread and butter of demonolatry).
Yes, you were recommended some books. The people who recommended you to "find books" are probably people who are not intimately experienced with reaching trance states themselves.

Like it’s known there’s a lot of fraud books on spirits and demonology and to even know they are fraud books is I gotta READ them till halfway to realize it’s a fraud which is exhausting.
On WF, you will not receive fraud book recommendations, and if you do, someone will mention/correct it.

I’m not asking to be spoon fed I just get a lot of broad answers, I’m told to go meditate this or that but for what learning of what?
But you are. There is no "one, true, simple path" to achieving a trance state. You have to first master meditation, that's for sure, and it definitely sounds like you haven't done that. So why not start with that. Practice daily, try to find reputable books about it, because they do exist. If you just scan the first page of google and find those books to not be to your liking and then give up, then you don't deserve anything. Do some real research. Stop being a lazy bum. Learning to meditate might be really hard for you, and there will be no "simple tricks" anyone on the internet can tell you to make it happen over night. Seriously, keep practicing every day, journal your progress, find out what works and what doesn't work, and keep at it until you can properly meditate. We don't know you, we don't know your mental state, we can't observe you while you meditate, so we can't give you easy simple advice. If you want some direct mentorship, find a nearby monk, and seek their assistance in meditation.

Patience and willpower or self control sounds like everyday stuff
Everyday stuff that you suck at. So how do you expect to do exceptional stuff when you can't even do everyday stuff?

I expect like a follow up to those suggestions since there’s other ways to do that (sounds more like life advice than magick).
Meditation and trances are not really "magick" per se. There's no "ritual" to enter a trance state when you don't even know how to meditate on your own. At least to my knowledge.

there’s gotta be steps here atleast, telling me to meditate is nowhere as most of my life I have done it and I get nothing at all.
Then you haven't done it properly.

Well I thought if I asked I could get more understandable answers but I guess I should have done it alone from the start.
Don't be bitter. A lot of people come to this site expecting us to just magically give them a solution that requires no work, no practice, no materials/expenses and get results in a few hours or days... that's not how any of this works. You impatience, your stubbornness, your insistence on it being easy, simple etc to achieve trance is holding you back.

Also reading Demons of magick a lot of the sentences are mushed together into a wall of text so it’s harder to read
Come on you lazy fuck. Learn to read a book. Ffs. "Books are hard cause they have too much text" oh boo hoo. Pay a fucking stripper to come cuddle you and read the books to you off a kindle as a bed time story then.

Alternatively, risk death and reach instant trance by buying and smoking some good quality DMT.

Rediscov

Neophyte
Reaction score
Don't get triggered, there is no "obsession" with tiktok here. If you don't use it, then great. I just made a general statement about there being a lot of misinformation and new age nonsense on social media like tiktok, which is what people with short attention spans are often attracted to, and you just gave off the vibe of having a short attention span, so it was just a word of warning.

No. There is nothing to "not get" about books. You are just too lazy to read, or don't have the attention span for it. If you don't have an attention span, or have a scatterbrain, or are otherwise unable to focus, then you have no hope of ever meditating, let alone reaching a trance like state.

That sounds like a "you" problem.

Of course, people who have read books can talk about them and summarise then to others who are familiar with the subject. But if you are a complete newb, you're not going to glean anyything useful from it because you don't know anything about it, and someone would have to literally spend a month going back anf forth with you explaining the whole book in easily digestible chunks just for you. That's spoonfeeding and no one is gonna do that. Read the books.

You are guessing right.

Yes, you were recommended some books. The people who recommended you to "find books" are probably people who are not intimately experienced with reaching trance states themselves.

On WF, you will not receive fraud book recommendations, and if you do, someone will mention/correct it.

But you are. There is no "one, true, simple path" to achieving a trance state. You have to first master meditation, that's for sure, and it definitely sounds like you haven't done that. So why not start with that. Practice daily, try to find reputable books about it, because they do exist. If you just scan the first page of google and find those books to not be to your liking and then give up, then you don't deserve anything. Do some real research. Stop being a lazy bum. Learning to meditate might be really hard for you, and there will be no "simple tricks" anyone on the internet can tell you to make it happen over night. Seriously, keep practicing every day, journal your progress, find out what works and what doesn't work, and keep at it until you can properly meditate. We don't know you, we don't know your mental state, we can't observe you while you meditate, so we can't give you easy simple advice. If you want some direct mentorship, find a nearby monk, and seek their assistance in meditation.

Everyday stuff that you suck at. So how do you expect to do exceptional stuff when you can't even do everyday stuff?

Meditation and trances are not really "magick" per se. There's no "ritual" to enter a trance state when you don't even know how to meditate on your own. At least to my knowledge.

Then you haven't done it properly.

Don't be bitter. A lot of people come to this site expecting us to just magically give them a solution that requires no work, no practice, no materials/expenses and get results in a few hours or days... that's not how any of this works. You impatience, your stubbornness, your insistence on it being easy, simple etc to achieve trance is holding you back.

Come on you lazy fuck. Learn to read a book. Ffs. "Books are hard cause they have too much text" oh boo hoo. Pay a fucking stripper to come cuddle you and read the books to you off a kindle as a bed time story then.

Alternatively, risk death and reach instant trance by buying and smoking some good quality DMT. I'm not used to someone
well...im not used to being called lazy or having harsh statements, but that must be your method of helping others.
when I asked for easier ways, I was looking for easier ways to understand it, I'm not looking for a shortcut to take the least effortless path.

while I think you assume I'm a lazy bum (that's understandable being a mod you must deal with a lot of bullshit), its just i don't have a clear goal on what to do really,
so most of the time i don't know if what I'm doing really really counts or does anything. i and i get lost a lot.

hell does meditation even work? ive done it before 2 hours, (the first few couple of times i did meditation were 26 minutes avg.) and i got nothing.

im told that it will help me sense spirits and sense the astral realm.
or is it just plain willpower development?

my first method of invocation was gazing at a sigil and chanting the enn, but apparently i needed to master trance, but i needed to buy offerings, or to even talk to a spirit I needed to master astral senses(?), or open chakras.

the spirit can show up but i can't talk to them or sense them.
and I got lost, I wasn't sure anymore if i was wasting my time or not.

and I can do the effort but with no clear goal to work towards to it seems I'm wasting my time. i don't know if I'm doing step 1 or step 2 or if I'm on step 5 or back to step 2. idk the steps.

and reading books hurts my brain, I don't know if you got it when you first read but mine does, I can even exactly feel what spot hurts. I can only read for 5 minutes.
idk if you can read 1 book in 1 session but yeah some parts are just boring to read, I can't help that.

but even with that i try to read but if what I'm reading nonsense that makes it even more exhausting afterwards if it was all a waste of time which i cant tell if a book really is a waste till I'm half way through the book, stuff doesn't stick because it tells me story of demons instead of the actual invoking methods. it was called angel books or demonolatry books, i forgot the names because.

and yes reading did hurt my brain, and its even worse when I'm not getting it, and needing to re-read it again only to not get it again.
but if you have any tips on reading it would help though.

the recent struggle i had with reading was the invocation method S. Connolly talks about, well i still don't get that part.

but anyway respect+ for you being direct towards me. if you feel I'm bullshitting you feel free to point it out.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Did you start trying to read cards like I told you

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry, haven't had the time to reply properly, so heres a rushed response.

well...im not used to being called lazy or having harsh statements
I'm going to say what I think regardless of your feelings. I really couldn't care less if you're not used to accepting reality.

when I asked for easier ways, I was looking for easier ways to understand it, I'm not looking for a shortcut to take the least effortless path.
Ok, then you have to be more specific. There is no blanket "easy meditation technique" it's highly dependent on your own psyche and mindset.

while I think you assume I'm a lazy bum (that's understandable being a mod you must deal with a lot of bullshit), its just i don't have a clear goal on what to do really,
I do, and I do.

so most of the time i don't know if what I'm doing really really counts or does anything. i and i get lost a lot.
That's why I told you to journal your progress, so you can keep track of things as you change your practices. These are invaluable skills that will help you grow and learn new things in general, not just meditation.

hell does meditation even work? ive done it before 2 hours, (the first few couple of times i did meditation were 26 minutes avg.) and i got nothing.
It doesn't matter if you sit for 2 hours if you don't really try. You need to try and clear your mind. Your scatterbrain is the reason you're unable to sit down and read a book in the first place. Fix that first, otherwise no one will be able to help you.

Go to somewhere peaceful, with no loud and distracting sounds or visuals, sit down, get comfortable. Try and relax as much as you can. Drink some tea, or smoke some weed if you need to. Then, once relaxed, and comfortable. SLOWLY try to tune out your scatterbrain thoughts. There are many techniques you can use, and not all of them will be effective for you, but you can try:
  • picturing a candle, with a flame, and focusing on the image of that. Try to stop thinking about other things, or trying to focus too much on it.
  • If you have aphantasia like I do, and can't picture anything, try to have a deep conversation with yourself, and ask yourself tougher questions that take a while to think about and answer, but focus on a single theme so your mind doesn't stray. Progressively answer the questions slower and slower, until you're barely answering antyhing and focusing on nothing
  • Listen to some binaural beats or some very monotonous/drone/ambient soundtrack
The goal is to think less and less... or rather, to stop allowing your thoughts to "jump" at you and take over your mental faculties. You have a scatterbrain because your thoughts control you, instead of you controling your thoughts. Figure out a way to change that, and that will be the first step towards meditation.

im told that it will help me sense spirits and sense the astral realm.
or is it just plain willpower development?
Bit of both, I guess.

my first method of invocation was gazing at a sigil and chanting the enn, but apparently i needed to master trance, but i needed to buy offerings, or to even talk to a spirit I needed to master astral senses(?), or open chakras.
Okay?

the spirit can show up but i can't talk to them or sense them.
and I got lost, I wasn't sure anymore if i was wasting my time or not.
So you saw the spirit?

and I can do the effort but with no clear goal to work towards to it seems I'm wasting my time. i don't know if I'm doing step 1 or step 2 or if I'm on step 5 or back to step 2. idk the steps.
We can't give you goals? Figure out your own damn goals and work towards them progressively and incrementally.

There are no standard set of "steps" to achieve trance. No one can ever give you that. Figure it out on your own. Journaling helps.

and reading books hurts my brain, I don't know if you got it when you first read but mine does, I can even exactly feel what spot hurts. I can only read for 5 minutes.
Yeah, because you have scatterbrain. Like I said above. Try to first gain control of your own mind and thoughts. Then you will be able to sit down and read. You have an affliction that prohibits you from achieving things and only you can fix this. If you give up, throw your hands in the air and refuse to improve yourself, then you are beyond help.

idk if you can read 1 book in 1 session but yeah some parts are just boring to read, I can't help that.
If I am interested in achieving something, and the book would help me with that, then damn straight I'm gonna read right through it. You don't even need to read it in one sitting. Read it in 5 minute chunks if you have to?

but even with that i try to read but if what I'm reading nonsense that makes it even more exhausting afterwards if it was all a waste of time which i cant tell if a book really is a waste till I'm half way through the book, stuff doesn't stick because it tells me story of demons instead of the actual invoking methods. it was called angel books or demonolatry books, i forgot the names because.
Shut the fuck up.

and yes reading did hurt my brain, and its even worse when I'm not getting it, and needing to re-read it again only to not get it again.
but if you have any tips on reading it would help though.
Boo hoo. Keep at it. No sympathy whatsoever.

the recent struggle i had with reading was the invocation method S. Connolly talks about, well i still don't get that part.
What didn't you get? Do you want us to read your mind? Ffs. If you READ something and didn't understand it, then post a thread with the SPECIFIC thing you didn't understand. Not some broad/vague subject like "I don't understand how to enter trance" that's not something anyone can help you with.

but anyway respect+ for you being direct towards me. if you feel I'm bullshitting you feel free to point it out.
You need to grow up, stop making pussy excuses, take control and ownership of your mind, your thoughts, your habits and your life. Figure it out yourself. This isn't some self-help therapy group. Get to grips with yourself first, and then you'll be able to follow our suggestions to help you achieve your goals that you set out to achieve because you want to not because we should tell you.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
@Rediscov

Have a look at some of the new books I shared. Particularly Meditation for the Love of It and Psychic Witch A Metaphysical Guide to Meditation, Magick Manifestation.

I know reading is hard for you, but if you read 2 pages a day, you'll learn a lot about meditation in a year.

Reaction score
Awards
Beginner here.

I just started into demonology and I’ve been trying to invoke king Paimon, only to find out that I need to get into a trance state before I try to talk to any spirits.

How do I do that?
I looked up on google and it was only results of how to induce self hypnosis through trance, unless a trance state is hypnosis.

I’m also confused on supposedly you stand still, focus on your breathing, and that’s how you enter trance, I mean if it’s that simple?

but after entering trance what do you do? Do the spirits say hello to you or can you finally hear people in the astral realm?

do you speak to them using your mind?
A bit old, but in a recent summoning of Bime and Ipos, what I did to get into a trance state was sleep deprivation, cannabis use in small amounts, and repetition of an enn or mantra. With enough repetition staring at a candle flame the candle color for the spirit .. in these cases .. green or blue, this would put me in a very light trance. Circumambulations around the altar nearly made me faint, luckily I held it together and finished.
Kuriakos has a small book on magic instruction, and includes trance. A trigger is a hand or finger gesture, one hand to go into trance, one to come out. The common example is visualizing yourself going up 30 floors or down 30 floors in an elevator, to find yourself in trance our out of trance.
Another example is the void meditation elsewhere, where you walk down an 11-30 step spiral staircase, and at last float in the void, to come back up ascend the stairs.
With a trigger trance, such as Laurie Cabots Intant Alpha technique from Power of the Witch, you easily slop in or out of trance.

Reaction score
Awards
With angels or other spirits, Im sure a mantra exists, or one can be stung tofgether to be workable, such as sphere divine name, archangel name, choir name.