• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How do you know if a ritual you've done worked?

Reaction score
Awards
I've just completed a very simple ritual an hour or so ago, but I'm not sure if it was effective. Is there a certain feeling? A charge in the air? How do you know you've been successful?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Alright, fair enough. What does it feel like?
Overhelming, it leaves you flabbergasted. You feel the need to tell everybody about it and at the same time fear they think you totally went bananas.
Experience will be of some help, but I can't say in your case.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Like, you know, describing your first sex to someone without experience who asked you how it was. Hard to explain.

Reaction score
Awards
Overhelming, it leaves you flabbergasted. You feel the need to tell everybody about it and at the same time fear they think you totally went bananas.
Experience will be of some help, but I can't say in your case.

Like, you know, describing your first sex to someone without experience who asked you how it was. Hard to explain.
So then I'm assuming it didn't work, because I definitely didn't feel anything akin to what you're describing. Damn. What have you done that's worked?

Reaction score
Awards
What was the ritual for?

you’ll get results if it worked..simple as that
Just asking something for protection and strength. So it's a bit too abstract to be easily measured, I didn't ask for anything physical. I've read when doing these things, something noticable happens. A breeze, or a charge in the air, a change in the atmosphere. A different feeling. That sort of thing. Öwnchef seems to corroborate this. Well, nothing happened. Nothing I noticed, anyway. So I'm getting the distinct feeling that it was a failure.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It’s not true that you have to feel something for magic to work.

what you need is what @Mider2009 said.

many times I felt nothing & the magic worked wonders & other times vice versa.

maybe your clair senses aren’t developed enough to feel something. Maybe you want results bad & you’re self sabotaging.

do some soul searching some divination: I use my Santa muerte oracle cards, others use traditional taro cards, runes you could use Turkish coffee reading & ask if u were successfu.

but in the end time will tell.

Reaction score
Awards
It’s not true that you have to feel something for magic to work.

what you need is what @Mider2009 said.

many times I felt nothing & the magic worked wonders & other times vice versa.

maybe your clair senses aren’t developed enough to feel something. Maybe you want results bad & you’re self sabotaging.

do some soul searching some divination: I use my Santa muerte oracle cards, others use traditional taro cards, runes you could use Turkish coffee reading & ask if u were successfu.

but in the end time will tell.
Actually, I tried some divination before the ritual to see how it would go. I usually do a little before attempting anything, just in case you know. Just some basic tarot. The results were weird, I could only really think of one thing it could mean and it didn't have anything to do with what I was attempting. I went ahead anyway. You're right though, I should go check again to see if anything's changed.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Just asking something for protection and strength. So it's a bit too abstract to be easily measured, I didn't ask for anything physical. I've read when doing these things, something noticable happens. A breeze, or a charge in the air, a change in the atmosphere. A different feeling. That sort of thing. Öwnchef seems to corroborate this. Well, nothing happened. Nothing I noticed, anyway. So I'm getting the distinct feeling that it was a failure.
You should learn how to divine, that’s one of the basics

get a tarot deck, Iching, playing cards etc and learn

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Actually, I tried some divination before the ritual to see how it would go. I usually do a little before attempting anything, just in case you know. Just some basic tarot. The results were weird, I could only really think of one thing it could mean and it didn't have anything to do with what I was attempting. I went ahead anyway. You're right though, I should go check again to see if anything's changed.
If you know tarot then you should just read on it, good luck

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I've read when doing these things, something noticable happens. A breeze, or a charge in the air, a change in the atmosphere. A
The trouble with people writing up their experiences is that each one feels the need to top the one before them.
So dude A feels a bit nervous when calling demon X. Then dude B reads that and expects he'll feel nervous, which in turn makes him scared. But admitting he is scared would make him look weak, yet he does want to write about his experience. So he'll write that his heart was pounding in his chest but he forced himself to complete te ritual. Then dude C will have to top that and write up that he was shaking in his boots, the walls were closing in on him, a dark cloud rose from a crack in the floor and filled the room, making it hard for him to breathe etc.

Reading others' experience will make you expect things / feelings and imagine that you are (at the very least) experiencing the same - because if you didn't feel the same you had failed.

Just do your rituals and record your experiences and results for yourself.

Reaction score
Awards
The trouble with people writing up their experiences is that each one feels the need to top the one before them.
So dude A feels a bit nervous when calling demon X. Then dude B reads that and expects he'll feel nervous, which in turn makes him scared. But admitting he is scared would make him look weak, yet he does want to write about his experience. So he'll write that his heart was pounding in his chest but he forced himself to complete te ritual. Then dude C will have to top that and write up that he was shaking in his boots, the walls were closing in on him, a dark cloud rose from a crack in the floor and filled the room, making it hard for him to breathe etc.

Reading others' experience will make you expect things / feelings and imagine that you are (at the very least) experiencing the same - because if you didn't feel the same you had failed.

Just do your rituals and record your experiences and results for yourself.
You're right, I was pretty nervous going in. Even without anyone telling me any stories lol. Admittedly I held off on it for a while before finally mustering up the courage to give it a shot. After I had finished, I felt like
"What? That's all?"
Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something flashier. Do you have any experience asking supernatural entities for favors?

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Do you have any experience asking supernatural entities for favors?
It’s establishing a working relationship like with a coworker: you give & you take.

you should ask the entity what it wants in return.

the same entity could want different things from different ppl

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
They’re souls themselves they don’t need/want your soul.

usually it’s honor: saying thanks to them on a public forum, could also be offerings of food alcohol incense.

just contact them and ask politely they won’t hide the ball from you.

respect them when you summon them: don’t threaten/bind them they can do a lot more than what’s written in the goetia books & they’ll be much more willing to play ball with you if you treat them with Well

it’s a two way street, you’re building a relationship here.