• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How do you know if a ritual you've done worked?

Reaction score
Awards
I've just completed a very simple ritual an hour or so ago, but I'm not sure if it was effective. Is there a certain feeling? A charge in the air? How do you know you've been successful?

Reaction score
Awards
If you are actually doing rituals regularly, you're halfway there, read a few books on ritual technique, these are ones I recommend:
Frater Barrabas "Mastering the Art of Ritual Magick"
William Gray "Inner Traditions of Magic"
Virtually any magic book.
Visualization and breathing must be mastered.
The last factor is passion and emotion. If you're like me, virtually undead due to lack of emotions (depersonalization), then this is an issue. If you have a proper ritual framework and throw your emotion and energy work into it, it should work.

Those that do (occasionally at least) aren't larping btw :)

Reaction score
Awards
I've just completed a very simple ritual an hour or so ago, but I'm not sure if it was effective. Is there a certain feeling? A charge in the air? How do you know you've been successful?
Confidence is key.
Look forward to enjoying the fruits of your labor. Visualize it, feel it, taste it, love it.
Thats how it will change and work. :)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I find that the local energy changes quite sharply. Often, involuntarily, I take a deep breath. I don't do rituals as such but interact as directly as possible with the relevant aspect of Reality - if it is willing