• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] How does the spirit world work?

Everyone's got one.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all,

hope you’re having a good day/night.

I think that magic/sorcery/spirits work similarly, but some people distinguish between them.

1 theory I like is the hardware/software analogy to spirit/matter.

what do you say and why?

Why do some workings succeed while others fail?

what are the essentials in magic?

Cheers,
John.

Reaction score
Awards
I think it really depends. By workings, Im directly asserting/assuming that you are working with named spirits in particular rituals.

1. Make sure all correspondences are present, keep only what is absolutely necessary on the altar.
2. Know who you are contacting and why you can't obtain it yourself.
3. Decide if you are going to provide offerings, if not move directly from Task Charging to License to Depart, create a sign that they are still working.
4. Decide on when you will do the ritual, and how long it will take approximately, look up planetary hours and use the correspondences.
5. What type of ritual? Petition? Invocation? Spell/charm? Evocation? What exactly you define as a working may require addiontal input.
6. Perform your working and give it time to manifest, make sure during the working you have focused concentration paired with emotion on intent.
7. Ground yourself, set it and forget it, journal.

Reaction score
Awards
I think generally it comes down to a battle of wills on why certain workings dont succeed. Or the person or thing being targeted has a hedge around it.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
What is the difference between asking a friendly spirit and forcing an unfriendly spirit?

Does one require more knowledge than the other?

Is one more dangerous?
It depends on the rank of the spirit: duke/king, what kind of a relationship you have with them,

what are their powers?

Are they vengeful?

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I think generally it comes down to a battle of wills on why certain workings dont succeed. Or the person or thing being targeted has a hedge around it.
I dunno when I was just starting out I felt I’d not enough authority/willpower/magical ability to make rituals work & most of them failed.

basically from my experience you need to get down in the trenches & summon.

dirty and quick and objectively seeing if your life changes you get fast reliable results

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all,

hope you’re having a good day/night.

I think that magic/sorcery/spirits work similarly, but some people distinguish between them.

1 theory I like is the hardware/software analogy to spirit/matter.

what do you say and why?

Why do some workings succeed while others fail?

what are the essentials in magic?

Cheers,
John.
That’s...a complicated question and answer.

Magic lays in the mind, our beliefs, group beliefs make it work give it power. But we are in the realm of the physical, meaning we must abide by its laws, though I’ve heard of men who could kind of control the powers of nature...though it was a rare instance

like Moses parting the sea, Elijah making it rain, I heard of the Baba Sali making it rain to fill a Mikvah

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes it is important to provide a feasible path for an event

Many years ago I was standing on the jetty on Iona with my girl friend. She walked down the concrete boat ramp close to the water. I thought she was too close to the waves so called her back - but she ignored me

So I thought: I will cause a wave so she will have to run back. I visualized a large wave forming and coming to her, but nothing happened.

Then I received a thought and visualized two small waves coming together to form a big wave. And that happened and she had to run back.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes it is important to provide a feasible path for an event
Then I received a thought and visualized two small waves coming together to form a big wave. And that happened and she had to run back.
Some ppl say that while others keep claiming you have to only do the ceremony & set the intention of your results and not interfere with manifestation they call it lust for results.

is the method for getting fast consistent reliable results different for different types of magic: love v. Wealth?

how do you increase your persona magical power?

what are some important factors preventing manifestation?

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
That’s...a complicated question and answer.

meaning we must abide by its laws, though I’ve heard of men who could kind of control the powers of nature...though it was a rare instance

like Moses parting the sea, Elijah making it rain, I heard of the Baba Sali making it rain to fill a Mikvah
What I learned from my personal experience/occult forums/books is that the higher you go on the planes: enteric/astral/mental/spiritual/acausal the less the was of nature influence you.

in the last 1 as there’s no cause-and-effect there’s no time/it can flow backwards/sideways etc

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As a rough approximation for standard humans:

• physical plane constrained by time and space
  • emotional plane constrained by space and not time - hence feelings being present in a space long after events
  • mental plane constrained by neither

There are however means to alter time and space using either consciousness or technology.

Quite often humans accidentally jump between parallel timelines then back again. Parallel timelines are often very similar - except for annoying details such as the keys not being where you left them, but the keys being back a couple of hours later

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
enteric/astral/mental/spiritual/acausal the less the was of nature influence you.

in the last 1 as there’s no cause-and-effect there’s no time/it can flow backwards/sideways etc

enteric -> etheric
was -> laws

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
As for myself, I have direct access to my Spiritual Guides, and I don't need to summon them.

The other night I communicated, with Asmodeus, and He was letting me know that He was out there with politeness, and that He can't wait to meet me in the Astral. In other words, I'm welcomed into His lair. Now, I didn't see His appearance in my vision. Also, I had communication with Astaroth, and She was great! I say She, because Astaroth appeared to me as a Woman. However, I couldn't quite see Her face, but Astaroth looked way beyond Beautiful, wow!!

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Years ago I used to have dreams that were obviously artificial - perhaps constructed to amuse/distract me.

Ufo abductees often have cover story "dreams" implanted so that they do not recall what actually happened. For example there are multiple accounts of ufo abductions where the human was later hypnotised to a deeper level in which the apparent aliens then looked human and all spoke German.

So it seems to me that all visions and dreams need to be tested. The surface appearance may be a false memory

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
@Konsciencia
"As for myself, I have direct access to my Spiritual Guides, and I don't need to summon them."
I am happy to hear that it sounds very bracing, when I was little I was trained by my spirit guides from time to time also. When I got older and after I verified my spirit lineage, it turned out to be not such a happy story, because, the mage side of my ilk had all but been exterminated or driven crazy by the RC and so with no one left to teach me, so the spirits of my ancestors, had chipped in to help me out.

Last edited:

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
also. When I got older and after I verified my spirit linage, it turned out to be not such a happy story, because, the mage side of my ilk had all but been exterminated or driven crazy by the RC and so with no one left to teach me, the spirits of my ancestors, had chipped in to help me out.
it’s sad how society misjudges magic/sorcery & the occult.

there‘s a real stigma

Reaction score
Awards
it’s sad how society misjudges magic/sorcery & the occult.

there‘s a real stigma
Considering all the possessions and curses and weird rituals that may or may not require various body parts from various animals, depending on who you ask, it makes sense. Yeah people accused of being witches were burned. Some of them for no good reason. I'd say most, even. But some of those psychos were caught doing crazy shit like boiling babies alive and went right to their fiery graves screaming the praises of the big man downstairs, flinging curses at the crowd while the flames licked their feet. Let's not pretend people have no good reason to fear sorcery.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Considering all the possessions and curses and weird rituals that may or may not require various body parts from various animals, depending on who you ask, it makes sense. Yeah people accused of being witches were burned. Some of them for no good reason. I'd say most, even. But some of those psychos were caught doing crazy shit like boiling babies alive and went right to their fiery graves screaming the praises of the big man downstairs, flinging curses at the crowd while the flames licked their feet. Let's not pretend people have no good reason to fear sorcery.
Most ppl aren't very bright, politicians keep lying every election & get re-elected. Most ppl fear the unknown & runaway from it. Sorcery = the unknown.

Reaction score
Awards
Most ppl aren't very bright, politicians keep lying every election & get re-elected. Most ppl fear the unknown & runaway from it. Sorcery = the unknown.
No, I think people kind of get it and very astutely disassociate themselves from the practice. If it's not white magic, it's high risk high reward. Even if disaster isn't brought down upon you by the ire you draw from your fellow man, you're really walking on the razors edge, especially with LHP stuff. It's dangerous. People go crazy or get their shit haunted all the time, and that's just a massive burden to the normal people around you who want nothing to do with the spiritual world short of watching Veggietales and occasionally reading a passage from Psalms to themselves when they're really stressed. They're not stupid, they're trying to stay out of trouble.