• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How many books are you reading this month?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Okay just a sec and I'll PM you the AA site.

They have a Library section that has most of the Libers on there as Free .PDF downloads.

Some of them you have to hunt for because it won't be hotlink'd in one place but then it will be in another.

A lot of the more obscure books on there also have free .PDFs but a few of them are typed out text or Poor scans because they are REALLY obscure. I think I was able to find updated scans for a few but not all.

What I did was make Folders on my Kindle for each grade w/ subfolders and took my time and DL'd everything.

If you can't find a particular Liber or Book here or there just PM me and I see if I can get it too you from a Mega link or something.

I've thought of sharing all of it to the forum before but the OTO in particular can get pissy about Crowley material floating around.
The OTO holds the copyright to Crowley? I though most of it'd be in the public domain by now. Gods know it's easy to find online pdf's of just about everything he wrote.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The OTO holds the copyright to Crowley? I though most of it'd be in the public domain by now. Gods know it's easy to find online pdf's of just about everything he wrote.

Yeah for the US anyway they have copyright for most of if not all of his stuff.

They like keeping a lock and key hold on a good deal of it as well.

There hasn't been a new printing of Liber Aleph or Magick Without Tears in a long ass time.

I think all of Crowley's stuff is Public Domain in the UK because they have different laws but neither of those have printings there either that I'm aware of.

Liber ABA does have an Official UK only copy with commentary by Stephen Skinner but unfortunately is a cheap print on demand by Watkins Books.

But yes you are right that .PDFs are everywhere.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah for the US anyway they have copyright for most of if not all of his stuff.

They like keeping a lock and key hold on a good deal of it as well.

There hasn't been a new printing of Liber Aleph or Magick Without Tears in a long ass time.

I think all of Crowley's stuff is Public Domain in the UK because they have different laws but neither of those have printings there either that I'm aware of.

Liber ABA does have an Official UK only copy with commentary by Stephen Skinner but unfortunately is a cheap print on demand by Watkins Books.

But yes you are right that .PDFs are everywhere.
A big chunk of my magickal education has been thanks to PDF pirates.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I may be looking into OTO or AA as the GD seems to not be fulfilling my progress.
So I guess the neophyte suggested reading list for either order, and get tied into a temple after applying (or stay my course is f I get rejected).
BOTA could also be an option. Anyways do apply in one of them. Even if you get an online tutelage its better than nothing. You could simply practice that one spesific current and your ass wouldn't be on fire 24/7 about if you should add anything on it or if its working.

Here is the contacts

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Some of them seem to be email only. That should fit the bill.

art-vark2323

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm reading about four books right now. One of them is just for fun, and is a little fiction novel, but the other three are more informative, non-fiction works. Of those three, one of them is The Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie. The other two are history books of the middle ages in Western Europe.

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
Only One: "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell", 782 pages! I did post about it in a Book Discussion that's "waiting to be approved" so Should show up? Oh, and that's a Much Better Avatar ya got there, Pilgrim! :cool:

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thank you! Feel much younger with no facial hair. I'm perusing the A.:A.: Probationer reading list myself.
I Think when it comes to Crowley it's Important to always keep in mind that no matter what you think of his later contributions to Ars Magica, that he was a Child and Product of the GD / RR et AC! That's not to say he did not Innovate some stuff, shucks lots of magicians love the guy!
I acknowledge his "Ingenium" myself! The AA like the GD, is descended from the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia with various Masonic stops along the way. Mathers was an Organizational Genius who also produced Alan Bennett, a Better Magician IMO! :cool:
I wish you the Best in all your endeavors!
Post automatically merged:

I think since you (seem to) have an affinity for the "Hermetic Qabalistic" paradigm it might be worth your while to do a search upon Ye Net for something called the "Black Lodge of Santa Cruz"! ( Without the Quotes) It's heavily OTO slanted, but hey Crowley, Parsons and a few others are their "Secret Chiefs" at this point. There are also some enlightening references to the AA in the later part of the story, If memory serves me.
I believe this story might enhance your magical "viewpoint"!

N.B.
Punch up the engine of choice and DL the: Black Lodge of Santa Cruz, what a ya got to lose?

Last edited:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Post automatically merged:

I think since you (seem to) have an affinity for the "Hermetic Qabalistic" paradigm it might be worth your while to do a search upon Ye Net for something called the "Black Lodge of Santa Cruz"! ( Without the Quotes) It's heavily OTO slanted, but hey Crowley, Parsons and a few others are their "Secret Chiefs" at this point. There are also some enlightening references to the AA in the later part of the story, If memory serves me.
I believe this story might enhance your magical "viewpoint"!

N.B.
Punch up the engine of choice and DL the: Black Lodge of Santa Cruz, what a ya got to lose?

We have that book in our Library:

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
We have that book in our Library:

I'm much to "new" to know all that, so Thanks, I read this quite a while ago, but haven't forgotten most of the details, we also know a few former OTO fraters and sorors as well who dropped it on me. This is "Intensive Magical Light Reading!". IMO :cool:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'm reading about four books right now. One of them is just for fun, and is a little fiction novel, but the other three are more informative, non-fiction works. Of those three, one of them is The Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie. The other two are history books of the middle ages in Western Europe.
Which Middle Ages books? I loved Friedrich Heer's, "Mittelalter," though it was published a half century or so back.