• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] How To Properly Pronounce Words

Someone's asking for help!

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
So I'm not even sure if I'm 100% certain that I am pronouncing these words correctly from the "The conjuration to call forth any of the aforesaid spirits" I came across a site that helped with pronunciation of words but I don't think it included these ones that I'm struggling with.

If someone can break the words down for me or a video that I can watch I would appreciate it, and thank you anyways if you can't.

Link here: (The conjuration to call forth any of the aforesaid spirits)
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I did find this video but I can't exactly hear it as there's music playing and which sounds like a 80's horror movie.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
A rule of thumb I read (for Enochiana but I apply it to everything) is to pronounce vowels as European / Italian / German and consonants as in English / Scottish.

So for the example BALDACHIENSIS I say BAL (A as in father) DA (A as in pizza) CHI (Ch as in the Scottish Loch, I as in pizza) ENSIS (en as in men, sis as in system)

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Besides the very good method @Yazata posted you can also vibrate the words within your soul and heart, profoundly.

For example, you have to summon a Demon from the Lesser Key of Solomon. You vibrate the name of the spirit like this, for example, while focusing and gazing on its sigil (clockwise most of the times): VAAA-SSSAAA-GGGG-OOOO and then you will establish the connection with the spirit.

It's good if you don't have an altar dedicated to that spirit or an altar dedicated to binding the said spirit.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
A rule of thumb I read (for Enochiana but I apply it to everything) is to pronounce vowels as European / Italian / German and consonants as in English / Scottish.

So for the example BALDACHIENSIS I say BAL (A as in father) DA (A as in pizza) CHI (Ch as in the Scottish Loch, I as in pizza) ENSIS (en as in men, sis as in system)
Thank you, I'm fining it more easier now!
Post automatically merged:

Besides the very good method @Yazata posted you can also vibrate the words within your soul and heart, profoundly.

For example, you have to summon a Demon from the Lesser Key of Solomon. You vibrate the name of the spirit like this, for example, while focusing and gazing on its sigil (clockwise most of the times): VAAA-SSSAAA-GGGG-OOOO and then you will establish the connection with the spirit.

It's good if you don't have an altar dedicated to that spirit or an altar dedicated to binding the said spirit.
I have an altar for general purposes, but why wouldn't you use a dedicated altar to that spirit?

Last edited:

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you, I'm fining it more easier now!

I have an altar for general purposes, but why wouldn't you use a dedicated altar to that spirit?
Well, it's about space and privacy. But for reasons like this, I happen to use an astral altar which is more "affordable" so to say, and I can practice altar-requiring rituals.

For example, I have specific elemental altars for all the elements and soon I am planning to extend them to the Chinese elementology such as Wood, Metal etc.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
So I'm not even sure if I'm 100% certain that I am pronouncing these words correctly from the "The conjuration to call forth any of the aforesaid spirits" I came across a site that helped with pronunciation of words but I don't think it included these ones that I'm struggling with.

If someone can break the words down for me or a video that I can watch I would appreciate it, and thank you anyways if you can't.

Link here: (The conjuration to call forth any of the aforesaid spirits)

I did find this video but I can't exactly hear it as there's music playing and which sounds like a 80's horror movie.
Online translators (Yandex, Bing, Google &c) have audio for most languages. Most ancient languages have websites, some with audio. Even without audio, they will have guides to pronunciation. I can't post links to other occult sites, but there are those that have Enochian pronunciation as well.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Online translators (Yandex, Bing, Google &c) have audio for most languages. Most ancient languages have websites, some with audio. Even without audio, they will have guides to pronunciation. I can't post links to other occult sites, but there are those that have Enochian pronunciation as well.
I'll look them up, I've tried google translator in the past but its not always accurate. I'll it a go though.. thank you!

I'll look them up, I've tried google translator in the past but its not always accurate. I'll it a go though.. thank you!
Bing is a lot better 😁

Last edited:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

Bing is a lot better 😁
I can't get Google anymore here, so I can't say. Bing is ok, but lacks some languages like Latin. Yandex---Слава Богу!*--- has Latin at least.

(* "Thank God!" in Russian. I know it's not Latin. Yandex is Russian, ok?)

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I can't get Google anymore here, so I can't say. Bing is ok, but lacks some languages like Latin. Yandex---Слава Богу!*--- has Latin at least.

(* "Thank God!" in Russian. I know it's not Latin. Yandex is Russian, ok?)
Mmm I couldn't use Yandex "this site can't be reached" bummer..

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
What country are you in? In China, my new Huawei phone can't access Yandex; my old laptop can. Maybe try another device. This is why the gods (Hermes, doubtless) made VPN's, I guess.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
There has already been a similar discussion here if it's any help:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
"Baldachiensis" is in the Lesser Key, yes. (Book II, Part III)

"Then, standing in the middle of the circle, stretch out thy hand towards the pentacle, saying, By the pentacle of Solomon I have called you; give me a true answer:
Beralanensis, Baldachiensis, Paumachia, and Apologia Sedes, by the most mighty kings and powers, and the most powerful princes, genii, Liachidæ, ministers of the Tartarean seat, chief prince of the seat of Apologia, in the ninth legion, I invoke you..."

"Ba'al" (written slightly differently here and there) occurs in the Semitic languages starting from around 1300 BCE, give or take. Probably the name in question derives, like most of the Goetic names, from Hebrew. The latter language was more widely studied in medieval times than was Aramaic. I have been unable to find anything as to the meaning of the "---dachiensis" part

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Is this one in the Lesser Key of Solomon?

Ba'al D'.... Aramaic? "Master of the ..."?
In my pieced together etymology these 4 names are "generic" names for the Kings of the quarters.
Baralanensis means something like ruler of the wind (I place him in the East)
Baldachiensi means something like lord of the fish (placed him in the West)
Paumakia means something like He who brings fire (or heat) to the earth (placed him in South)
Apulugal Sedes is something like King of Winter (placed him in the North).

You can see that I changed the spellings a bit (Apulugal instead of Apologia is the biggest change).
The interpretation of the names is that they are compound Sumerian words / titles.

I am asking / telling nobody to accept my translation but this is how I use them daily.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
In my pieced together etymology these 4 names are "generic" names for the Kings of the quarters.
Baralanensis means something like ruler of the wind (I place him in the East)
Baldachiensi means something like lord of the fish (placed him in the West)
Paumakia means something like He who brings fire (or heat) to the earth (placed him in South)
Apulugal Sedes is something like King of Winter (placed him in the North).

You can see that I changed the spellings a bit (Apulugal instead of Apologia is the biggest change).
The interpretation of the names is that they are compound Sumerian words / titles.

I am asking / telling nobody to accept my translation but this is how I use them daily.
That's a lot more info than I scrounged. Plus it ties all 4 names together

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
this is how I use them daily

Use them for what?

Does it work?

they are compound Sumerian words / titles

Are they listed in the lesser solomon key? From where did you learn these names / titles?

Baralanensis means something like ruler of

Ruler of the... = Ba'al D'...

Ruler of Healing = Ba'al D'R'fua ( BAH + glottal Stop + ahl, emphasis on first syllable ) ( D + glottal stop + r + glottal stop + FOOah, emphasis on FOO )

Ba'al = master or ruler in Canaanite / Sumerian like the famous father-god / "sky daddy" / "OX" in Canaanite and Sumerian myths and religion.

D' is the 4th letter, it shows possession. 4 like the 4 sides of box. like the 4 cardinal directions. "D'" = It is possessed on all four sides and from all four directions here-and-now, in the material world.

Baldachiensi means something like lord of the

This is going to be the same. Lord of the... It's still Ba'al D' ( BAH + glottal Stop + ahl, emphasis on first syllable ) ( D + glottal stop ... )

In order to decipher the rest, I'd need more info.

Last edited:

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Use them for what?

Does it work?

Are they listed in the lesser solomon key? From where did you learn these names / titles?

Ruler of the... = Ba'al D'...

Ruler of Healing = Ba'al D'R'fua ( BAH + glottal Stop + ahl, emphasis on first syllable ) ( D + glottal stop + r + glottal stop + FOOah, emphasis on FOO )

Ba'al = master or ruler in Canaanite / Sumerian like the famous father-god / "sky daddy" / "OX" in Canaanite and Sumerian myths and religion.

D' is the 4th letter, it shows possession. 4 like the 4 sides of box. like the 4 cardinal directions. "D'" = It is possessed on all four sides and from all four directions here-and-now, in the material world.

This is going to be the same. Lord of the... It's still Ba'al D' ( BAH + glottal Stop + ahl, emphasis on first syllable ) ( D + glottal stop ... )

In order to decipher the rest, I'd need more info.
For a couple of years I did a variation of Liber Resh with these names. But I let that go for several reasons (being asleep at midnight, at work at sunrise blabla)
What I have been doing since is include them in the closing of my daily rituals.
I invoke the Shining One (made a thread about that somewhere on here) and then extend my circle so that it encloses my house and then vibrate the names to the quarters.
As I said, I see these as "generic" names that fit better than the several conflicting lists of 4 Kings that have (for example) Amaymon in the East or the South.

I puzzled it together with Sumerian lexicons, though I also did a Hebrew etymology, though much less satisfying.
For example:
BAL the Lord
DAH to dart
KON now (O is always Ayin in my posts)
ShI gift
Lord who sends darting gifts / who gifts darts etc

neilwilkes

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
This is a very good question, as it is really difficult to know if things are being spoken correctly or not - and the problems that may well arise - in reality probably all too likely to arise - with mispronunciation. Saying just to 'vibrate' them doesn't help matters either and if anything gets right to the core of the problem as any spoken word creates a vibration, so the wrong pronunciation must, by definition, create an unintended vibration (think of a pianist hitting the wrong key and being off by a semitone creating a discord instead of what was intended).

But what if that's not correct? A as in 'Father' is not the only way this can sound - think 'Apple' or 'Way' just off the top of my head. What about those words where there are no vowels? With Enochian, Dee attempted to write things phonetically as well as intended spelling, but it's almost impossible to ascertain the correct p[ronunciation except through trial & error, and given we are told in TFR that the difference between a 'Good Angel' and an 'Evil' one can be as small as one letter, it's not a good place for experimentation unless you're absolutely certain what it is you are getting the attention of.....
Maybe I am overthinking this, but the phrase about rushing in comes to mind

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
O, but as you may have seen I say this is how I do it, and
I am asking / telling nobody to accept my translation but this is how I use them daily
Doubt can be crippling, rushing in is what Fools do. It's how we start the path in Tarot.