• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Hyperstition

Someone's asking for help!

chronosmagia

Neophyte
Reaction score
Every night for a whole week now, the same rather large moth has been visiting my window in my bedroom. The reflection of light in his eyes glowed orange.
It's when I'm at my desk like this, around 1-2am.
This visiting by moths has been going on sporadically for several months now.

Recently, I've had to deal with fear brought about by thoughts of morbidity.
And I've been having odd symptoms this week.
Headaches & random hot flashes.
I worked out yesterday, and my left forearm muscle felt like it was going to explode afterwards, like something was restricting oxygen intake into the muscle fibers.
this hasn't happened before.
My neck and trap muscles have been stiff and sore for a few days, but early this morning it felt like my trap was imploding on itself,
it ached so bad that it woke me up.
It just doesn't make sense that I'm experiencing these things, I can't pinpoint the cause, OTHER than paranoia or superstition that SOMEONE is doing their very best at sending curses my way, or is hiring someone.
IDK if it's even safe to divulge all of this. what do you guys think? Will MIDDLE PILLAR & LBRP save me? Do I try my hand at some more elaborate protective measures?
Thanks for hearing me out and reading through. It helps.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
superstition that SOMEONE is doing their very best at sending curses my way, or is hiring someone.
Would there be a reason for someone to do that? If you don't go out of your way to make people angry or jealous or butt-hurt then it seems unlikely. Your own mind can be your worst enemy.
If you think over your actions of the past months or so, and maybe suspect a certain person of doing this, then a first step could be to bind him or her. Visualize a pentagram forming from the lines in your hand and throw that at them as a net that tightens.
If there's no such incident that you can recall, then keep up (maybe double up) with your LBRP, strengthen your personal shield. And try to relax and breathe.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I am not a doctor, nor do I offer medical advice. Have you had a heart checkup recently from your doctor? Are you on or have you received medications, vaccinations, or supplements which might be associated with a cardiovascular effect? (Don't answer this, we cannot give medical advice here.)

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
I recall having similar symptoms in the past (in regards to muscles struggling, stiffness and waking up with vascular or muscular pain, not regarding the moths) and what helped me the most were hot relaxing baths, a couple sessions with a good osteopath and supplementing well with magnesium.

Again this is not to completely rule out that there may be something else, but as Yazata suggested I think most curses are in our imagination. It would take work and damn good reasons to cast a curse, and it shouldn't come cheap either. The only cheap way to toy with baneful magic would be planting in the target's mind the idea that they've been cursed, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Unless you have serious reasons to be suspicious, I'd put more effort in taking good care of my body and needs than in banishing rituals.

Reaction score
Awards
I think it is safe to rule out a curse for starters. See a physical therapist in sports medicine and a good doctor as well. Rule out any and all material causes as well. If it were a curse, it wouldn't be limited to physical body issues.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
left forearm muscle felt like it was going to explode afterwards, like something was restricting oxygen intake into the muscle fibers.

When I go for a run, sometimes I have a pain - usually in the left foot/knee. When I look at the energy of that part mostly there is a dark energy line coming in that reduces the flow of life force - thus causing the partial malfunction.

So I use heart-light to push out the anchor for the energy line, usually dropping it into the earth. Then the pain goes away in a minute or two.

It is very common for humans to have multiple dark energy lines coming. Sometimes it is just relatives/friends instinctively holding on. More often it is adverse entities interfering with the unfoldment of the spiritual human

chronosmagia

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello people.
I was going to update this a few days after posting, and didn't, which is the norm for me. Was out travelling to New York and stuff.
Also, I run out of energy or motivation to do anything quite quickly.
Again this is not to completely rule out that there may be something else, but as Yazata suggested I think most curses are in our imagination.
This seems to be the case, some medication 'Wellbutrin' I was taking for a couple weeks gave me all the bad physical side effects.
And an added element of paranoia, convincing me something was very wrong.
All is good now
Still can't explain the moths though, haha. Oh well.

Side note, I got some Oils in New York.. Eager to try out the water one with an advanced pentagram ritual.