• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

I came across a cursed book recently

Diablo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I came across a cursed book recently, a copy of 'The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage'. The person who has the copy has experienced several paranormal stuff. How should I handle it.

Reaction score
Awards
I came across a cursed book recently, a copy of 'The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage'. The person who has the copy has experienced several paranormal stuff. How should I handle it.
What makes you think it's cursed? I recall getting a brand new copy of the Lesser Key of Solomon. It made my father nervous.
Not even practicing, but reading it, ducks would fly into the siding near my window, knocks in the house would be heard. Especially when reading on Valac.
If you think it's dangerous, bury it. Dust to dust...
Exactly. At one point I threw everything away.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
The person who has the copy has experienced several paranormal stuff.

For the person, a "pushka" is a traditional remedy. It's a charity box. It's brought into the home, near a window or a door. Then after it's in the home, a few coins are placed in it with the sincere intention of giving it to the needy. Any charity will do, and anyone can do it. It does not need to be the person who is experiencing the paranormal. No prayers need to be uttered. It's a very simple remedy.

Here's an example of a traditional "pushka" often called a tzedakah box. Tzedakah is the hebrew word for charity, technically, literally it is righteousness "tzedek" in the feminine "tzedakah" "צדקה". It doesn't need to be fancy, it doesn't even need the word "צדקה" on it. Just "pushing" a few coins into a "pushka" with the proper intention near a physical "portal" creates the benevolent "flow". The paranormal gets "pushed" or gently encouraged towards its "home". Then leave the charity box on display near the door or window.

Of course, it would be good, to put a coin or two in it every few days, then give that money to charity when the box is full. Gratefully, in this modern world, many charities exist with online donation opportunities. So, instead of needing coins to continue giving on an ongoing basis, one can set it on a monthly or weekly auto-donation. But it's good to do some research to be sure that the online organization is reputable and refelcts the individuals values and principles.

Online giving does not replace the tzedakah box, btw. It supplements it.

The key to this is it should not, NOT, be a lot of money donated. Just a tiny amount on an on-going basis makes a big difference not just for the specific problem, but, also for encouraging blessings to all members of the household. Giving too much can cause the opposite effect.

Link to Amazon for an inexpensize tzedakah box:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Screenshot-20231119-072850-1-200x284-jpg.webp

Post automatically merged:

At one point I threw everything away.

The important detail is that they go into the earth.

Diablo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
What makes you think it's cursed? I recall getting a brand new copy of the Lesser Key of Solomon. It made my father nervous.
Not even practicing, but reading it, ducks would fly into the siding near my window, knocks in the house would be heard. Especially when reading on Valac.

I have handled Lesser and Greater keys of Solomon and The Red Dragon, but this one has shown physical scratches and stuff. Everyone who touched it had something bad happen to them.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
As suggested: bury it, or burn it, or make a YouTube video about it..

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Burning is the opposite of burying... among other things the ash is picked up by the wind and spreads it.

Burning wax/oil ( fat ) is different.
Okay, but my point was more: get rid of it
If you think an object is causing trouble for you.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I came across a cursed book recently, a copy of 'The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage'. The person who has the copy has experienced several paranormal stuff.
There seem to be some logical leaps here:

- Perhaps the person has other books and possessions

- There can be many reasons for paranormal events

- Most paranormal events are not adverse

- I still have a copy of Abramelin. It has never been a problem. Indeed a friend who wrote a book about his 3 months in Morocco doing the ritual said that it was more effort than it was worth

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Most paranormal events are not adverse

They are reporting adverse effects.

I still have a copy of Abramelin. It has never been a problem.

It's bound to that specific book. Not any copy, that specific copy of the book. However, It is significant that it is the abermelin.

Okay, but my point was more: get rid of it
If you think an object is causing trouble for you.

My point is not to cause trouble for oneself and others in the process of "getting rid of it".

First, here is some support for my assertion regarding buring paper and parchment in this context.

"Initiates begin a "formal commitment" that is signed in blood and burned in order to participate fully in Satan's work upon humanity, to imply a growth in spiritual knowledge and personal power." - Wikipedia:

If the intention is to "get rid of it", burning the parchment with the writing is not getting rid of it. It makes it more difficult to get rid of it. At the very least, I think it's useful to be aware of the distinction between burying and burning.

Second, the underlying mechanism of this sort of object, specifically a book of the abermelin, is a sort of pyramid scheme. If the object is not rendered inert, and it is "gotten rid of" in a manner which passes it on to another, then the individual who is "getting rid of it" is included in that pyramid scheme. They will be benefitting from causing harm to another. They will likely be temporarily rewarded for this, by the demon(s) which is/are bound to the object, but the participant will ultimately pay for this with the compounding interest inherent in the pyramid scheme.

At the top of the pyramid is the one who intially bound the demon(s) to the object. They are making a deal with it/them. The demon(s) will repay them for the priviledge of punishing others who are consenting to the their punishment. Then any and all who pass on the object are participating and increasing the reward ( or the debt the demon and its horde owes ) to the one at the top. Along the way, those who pass it on will themself be rewarded, encouraging the free sharing, gifting, of future similarly crafted objects. It's very sneaky because part of the reward is ending the punishments. So, the individual thinks they did the right thing "getting rid of it", but, they're still participating whether they know it or not. And so, individuals might become careless with how they "get rid of it" through word-of-mouth. "Oh, I just got rid of it, and everything got so much better for me."

When an individual obtains a book of abermelin and possesses it more often than not, there is implied consent to participate in the pyramid scheme. It doesn't need to be fully "informed" consent, it still grants permission for the demon(s) to reward and/or punish the participant. That's why mundane books cannot be setup for this sort of craft. There is no consent implied for possessing a chemistry book, for example.

If the book is burned, it's complicated discerning precisely what happens next. The demon(s) may retaliate, I don't know. Also, if the demon(s) are freed from their bondage, any harm they produce is linked up with the one who burned the book. And even if burning the book works to eliminate the chain of effect from the pyramid scheme, it's a lot of work to burn a book completely. However, I do know what happens if the book is buried, and it's rather quick and easy to do it.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
They are reporting adverse effects.

It's bound to that specific book. Not any copy, that specific copy of the book. However, It is significant that it is the abermelin.

My point is not to cause trouble for oneself and others in the process of "getting rid of it".

First, here is some support for my assertion regarding buring paper and parchment in this context.

"Initiates begin a "formal commitment" that is signed in blood and burned in order to participate fully in Satan's work upon humanity, to imply a growth in spiritual knowledge and personal power." - Wikipedia:

If the intention is to "get rid of it", burning the parchment with the writing is not getting rid of it. It makes it more difficult to get rid of it. At the very least, I think it's useful to be aware of the distinction between burying and burning.

Second, the underlying mechanism of this sort of object, specifically a book of the abermelin, is a sort of pyramid scheme. If the object is not rendered inert, and it is "gotten rid of" in a manner which passes it on to another, then the individual who is "getting rid of it" is included in that pyramid scheme. They will be benefitting from causing harm to another. They will likely be temporarily rewarded for this, by the demon(s) which is/are bound to the object, but the participant will ultimately pay for this with the compounding interest inherent in the pyramid scheme.

At the top of the pyramid is the one who intially bound the demon(s) to the object. They are making a deal with it/them. The demon(s) will repay them for the priviledge of punishing others who are consenting to the their punishment. Then any and all who pass on the object are participating and increasing the reward ( or the debt the demon and its horde owes ) to the one at the top. Along the way, those who pass it on will themself be rewarded, encouraging the free sharing, gifting, of future similarly crafted objects. It's very sneaky because part of the reward is ending the punishments. So, the individual thinks they did the right thing "getting rid of it", but, they're still participating whether they know it or not. And so, individuals might become careless with how they "get rid of it" through word-of-mouth. "Oh, I just got rid of it, and everything got so much better for me."

When an individual obtains a book of abermelin and possesses it more often than not, there is implied consent to participate in the pyramid scheme. It doesn't need to be fully "informed" consent, it still grants permission for the demon(s) to reward and/or punish the participant. That's why mundane books cannot be setup for this sort of craft. There is no consent implied for possessing a chemistry book, for example.

If the book is burned, it's complicated discerning precisely what happens next. The demon(s) may retaliate, I don't know. Also, if the demon(s) are freed from their bondage, any harm they produce is linked up with the one who burned the book. And even if burning the book works to eliminate the chain of effect from the pyramid scheme, it's a lot of work to burn a book completely. However, I do know what happens if the book is buried, and it's rather quick and easy to do it.
Thank you for your detailed responses 👍

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
You're sure it's the book that's the cause (or at least carrier) of the disturbance?

whatever0935

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't understand. If you are heavily interested in the occult, you should keep in mind as those events may happen sooner or later