• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

I Dreamed of the Devil

Konstantin

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't know how often this happens, but When I was around 7 years old I dreamed of the devil. Or I guess you can say Satan, as I remember it had horns, goat legs, and a tail. Now, it was a sequence of dreams, not just a one time event. I used to call it episodes for some reason, but I don't anymore.

It was just a five day period were every night I dreamed about Satan. I can only remember day one and day five, the rest just being a huge blur since this all happened years ago.

The first day, I was in my room, sitting on my bed and staring out at the window. In my dream it was night time, like I just had woken up in the middle of the night. I saw something in the window looking straight at me, and for some reason I knew this was Satan even at a young age. This is all I could remember, as much didn't really happen.

On the fifth day, I was in my parents room, their door wide open and I was looking out into the living room. Every once in a while I could see him hiding behind furniture and at one point he was standing in front of me, of course standing in the small hallway that we had. I knew he couldn't get me as long as I didn't leave my parents room and this was throughout the whole dream sequence. I couldn't leave the room I was in or else he would get me and I knew something bad was going to happen if I had left. Luckily, I was a smart kid and kept my distance.

I never knew what this meant when this happened, as I live in a non-religions household. I tried searching up the meaning behind the devil visiting a person in their dreams, but nothing gave me a answer. For some reason, I never was scared when I was having these dreams, they just seemed like normal dreams to me.

As a bit of a backstory, I had some freaky dreams as a little kid. I used to live at an apartment complex, and sometimes I would have dreams that would require me to not go into the living room or basically leave the room I was in. If I did, I knew something bad was going to happen to me, so I always stayed in the room I was in. There was one dream I had that I was in the living room and was being sucked into a portal, my dad holding me by my hands as to not let me get sucked in. I had to answer a question in the dream and I did get it wrong and got sucked into the portal. And honestly, this woke me up from my dream. I was absolutely terrified after having it and told my dad about it. I remember sweating and being too scared to fall back to sleep, since I did wake up in the middle of the night.

Now, with the weird Satan dreams, it's like I said, I wasn't scared by him. I never really was scared of the devil growing up and it's also why I'm not calling the dreams nightmares.

I do remember expecting the dreams to occur after a while though, I think after the second day of having them. I remember sitting in class and wondering if I was going to have the same dream as I did the night before and basically just expecting to have the next part of the dream. Hopefully it's nothing super bad if you dream Satan, since from my experience never terrible happened afterwards. I just moved on after having them and wondered if I would have similar dreams in the future. Which I haven't, and probably never will again. I do know young kids have weird dreams since their brains are still developing which causes their dreams to be weird.

In my opinion, I still have weird dreams, some of them more on the more nightmare-ish side. Like a few months ago I had a very gorey dream, like it was straight out of a horror movie. It was terrifying to experience as it seemed a little real, but I won't go into any details as it's disgusting.

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Dreams have a really wide area for interpretation. I'd start from "it was nothing" since you didn't experience something similar again. And if it was something, in my opinion dreams are something you should decipher yourself, since it's a very personal experience and can mean different things for different people.
Post automatically merged:

For example, I could say that "Satan" was just a spirit who was seeking you as someone who has magical talent, to start working with you as early as possible, but you were not ready to go into that. Someone else might say that something bad was about to happen, but you avoided it somehow. Who knows.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Horns, goat legs, and a tail? You dreamed of the popular caricature of the Devil.