• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] I think Im cursed

Someone's asking for help!

Seeker-123

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello. I'm writing to you because I think I'm cursed.

Let me describe my situation:

It all started around 2010 when I all of a sudden started hearing some very loud bang sounds in my apartment. I knocked on some neighbors doors and asked if they were the cause of it, but they said they wasn't doing anything which could cause the sounds. I ended up getting diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

Since then, I have heard some different sounding loud noises in all of the apartments I have lived in. Then in 2019 when I was hearing a new loud sound, what happened was that I recorded the sound with my smartphone, and I could hear the sound when playing it through the phone, and I showed the recording to my health care worker, and she could also hear the sound. She ended up saying I may have been misdiagnosed and that I should move again to get away from the noisy neighbors.

I'm now living in the new apartment and in the last year I have been hearing some very loud sounds. I've found out that it's the elevator which I can hear inside my apartment, even though I live several rows away from the elevator. I have tried asking my neighbors if they can also hear the elevator, but it turns out I'm the only one who can hear it.

I think the way the curse works, is that it takes some kind of sound in the building and then enhances it, resulting in me hearing it.

Does anyone know how I can be rid of this curse?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
On one hand it is a poltergeist that follows you. On the other hand it can't hurt you. If possible let him sink beneath your perception threshold. If that doesn't work, move again. BUT make a holiday in between. Go somewhere to test if he follows you as a person. If not, there is something suspicious in your belongings. Sort that out.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards
Having some sounds what you can not locate is not really a proper amount of information which may help anyone to accurately identify the events around you or what may cause these, so I will not say you're cursed - can be the case, and can be not the case -.
Based on what I see and know, I don't think it's a curse. I'd say what is happening around you is actually really common phenomenon - and it will become more and more common as the walls between certain dimensions getting more and more thinner - and it's rather connected to an non-physical entity.

Good news if this is the case, It seemingly harmless and based on what you've said, it does not seem aggressive neither. It may frequently do things to keep getting your attention and feed of the energy you deliver to it via these emotions, feelings and thoughts.

Of course in many cases, entities are comes and goes, so it's also possible that you already dealth with more than one before. In other words, keep experiencing these can mean that:
-One entity is attached to you and will definitely follow you wherever you go as it probably did to this day
-More entity attached itself to you during these years then they either moved on or you left them behind as you moved
-Which also means that you may be simply unlucky when you chosed apartments, and all of them had an open portal or something which kept certain entities around

I'd have some question to you which may help us to get closer to the solution. Of course you don't have to answer, or if you can not, that's also fine.
  • Have you ever felt yourself "drained"? Like, drained but not because of IRL things going on, but rather drained because some "unknown" reasons?
  • Have you ever seen any form of possible manifestation of "this thing"? Dark shadows, different shadow like, smoke like or white figures (can be shapeless) anywhere?
  • Have you ever seen moving or disappearing (even re-appearing) objects (where you can definitely say that you didn't move them / where you know their exact location)?
  • Have you ever experienced sudden mood changes in certain situations where these activities happened?
  • Have you ever felt yourself really threatened by these activities?
  • Have you ever had strange dreams related to these activities possibly related?
  • Do you have any memory about the circumstances around the time when you first started to experience these in 2010? Something which may be a reason of these happenings? (For example: tragic event, depression, buying something / getting something, doing something which may open a possible portal to you or even positive things which may raise your energy levels to the point it may be attractive to certain beings or offending / annoying to others)
  • Have you ever felt like you're not alone, or being watched - if so, did it happen when you heard these noises, or you have experienced this even when there was no such an activity?
  • How often are you ill (compare these to the time before 2010 and after 2010)?
  • How many/much time, energy, effort and attention you put into trying to solve this mystery and minding these activities?

As I said, the information you provided is not too much, so I can work only what said so far - and based on this it can be truly anything, this is why I had to ask some questions -, but something just came to my mind. If this is the case and you really dealing with an entity, then this entity, it seemingly cares about your state well enough to not use the gained power to attack you for more energy - sucking it off of your fear and anxiety -, and rather decide to keep the 'pace' and it's methods in spite of how it grows. It seemingly not too greedy, probably prefer to save the energy it gained and seemingly not malevolent.

Some curses can sent out just to mess a little with others, to play a trick on them - some can be sent out without your actual intent as well - , but I just feel like this is not the case right now. It can be that you are really sensitive to noises and the location of your apartment made it possible to hear certain noises while others don't, or that you really have something around. Whatever is the case, you must ask yourself the right questions to make it possible to identify the source, which is, again; seemingly harmless to you, and does not want to cause serious trouble to you anyways.​

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
There are also possible technical reasons. Electronic circuits that use CMOS (most do) must be shielded by a Faraday cage which is properly grounded and suitable condensers. If they are not and there are several reasons for that to occur, electrical load can be transmitted from a human to the CMOS and bring them to an undefined state. TV can switch on, fridges give a bang, also common in AC units.

Often this is also caused by clothing and carpets made of synthetics. So it can help to get technical help and use fabric softener.

I once stayed alone in a very old mansion. At night I woke up and heard someone coming up the wooden stairs. He went through the closed door and stopped right beside my bed.
That were my own steps that became hearable after hours when the old wood released again. Still gave me the bumps tho

Seeker-123

Neophyte
Reaction score
On one hand it is a poltergeist that follows you. On the other hand it can't hurt you. If possible let him sink beneath your perception threshold. If that doesn't work, move again. BUT make a holiday in between. Go somewhere to test if he follows you as a person. If not, there is something suspicious in your belongings. Sort that out.
Thank you for your advice Öwnchef, I will meditate on what you said. So far, the loud sounds which it shouldn't be possible for me to hear, are only occurring in my apartments. I will inspect my belongings to see if there is anything unusual.

Seeker-123

Neophyte
Reaction score
Assuming it is a curse, what might you have done to attract it?

Of course it might not be a curse.

I recall a volunteer in a printing shop. Every time he walked past the collator it jammed. After a few jams he was given a job down the other end of the building.
Thank you for your reply Roma. I don't know why the curse (if it is one) is on me. You may be right, maybe it's not a curse, but due to some force which I'm not aware of.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for your advice Öwnchef, I will meditate on what you said. So far, the loud sounds which it shouldn't be possible for me to hear, are only occurring in my apartments. I will inspect my belongings to see if there is anything unusual.
Look underneath of everything. Perhaps someone managed to tape something there. Also chairs, look behind furniture and wall mounted pictures.
"Presents" are the first objects to examine!

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

Seeker-123

Neophyte
Reaction score
Having some sounds what you can not locate is not really a proper amount of information which may help anyone to accurately identify the events around you or what may cause these, so I will not say you're cursed - can be the case, and can be not the case -.
Based on what I see and know, I don't think it's a curse. I'd say what is happening around you is actually really common phenomenon - and it will become more and more common as the walls between certain dimensions getting more and more thinner - and it's rather connected to an non-physical entity.

Good news if this is the case, It seemingly harmless and based on what you've said, it does not seem aggressive neither. It may frequently do things to keep getting your attention and feed of the energy you deliver to it via these emotions, feelings and thoughts.

Of course in many cases, entities are comes and goes, so it's also possible that you already dealth with more than one before. In other words, keep experiencing these can mean that:
-One entity is attached to you and will definitely follow you wherever you go as it probably did to this day
-More entity attached itself to you during these years then they either moved on or you left them behind as you moved
-Which also means that you may be simply unlucky when you chosed apartments, and all of them had an open portal or something which kept certain entities around

I'd have some question to you which may help us to get closer to the solution. Of course you don't have to answer, or if you can not, that's also fine.
  • Have you ever felt yourself "drained"? Like, drained but not because of IRL things going on, but rather drained because some "unknown" reasons?
  • Have you ever seen any form of possible manifestation of "this thing"? Dark shadows, different shadow like, smoke like or white figures (can be shapeless) anywhere?
  • Have you ever seen moving or disappearing (even re-appearing) objects (where you can definitely say that you didn't move them / where you know their exact location)?
  • Have you ever experienced sudden mood changes in certain situations where these activities happened?
  • Have you ever felt yourself really threatened by these activities?
  • Have you ever had strange dreams related to these activities possibly related?
  • Do you have any memory about the circumstances around the time when you first started to experience these in 2010? Something which may be a reason of these happenings? (For example: tragic event, depression, buying something / getting something, doing something which may open a possible portal to you or even positive things which may raise your energy levels to the point it may be attractive to certain beings or offending / annoying to others)
  • Have you ever felt like you're not alone, or being watched - if so, did it happen when you heard these noises, or you have experienced this even when there was no such an activity?
  • How often are you ill (compare these to the time before 2010 and after 2010)?
  • How many/much time, energy, effort and attention you put into trying to solve this mystery and minding these activities?

As I said, the information you provided is not too much, so I can work only what said so far - and based on this it can be truly anything, this is why I had to ask some questions -, but something just came to my mind. If this is the case and you really dealing with an entity, then this entity, it seemingly cares about your state well enough to not use the gained power to attack you for more energy - sucking it off of your fear and anxiety -, and rather decide to keep the 'pace' and it's methods in spite of how it grows. It seemingly not too greedy, probably prefer to save the energy it gained and seemingly not malevolent.

Some curses can sent out just to mess a little with others, to play a trick on them - some can be sent out without your actual intent as well - , but I just feel like this is not the case right now. It can be that you are really sensitive to noises and the location of your apartment made it possible to hear certain noises while others don't, or that you really have something around. Whatever is the case, you must ask yourself the right questions to make it possible to identify the source, which is, again; seemingly harmless to you, and does not want to cause serious trouble to you anyways.​
Hi Telafiel. Thank you for putting time into replying to me. I will try to answer your questions:

I've often feel drained, mostly due to IRL things and the noise. Some years back, I often had an experience where I was sleeping but neither dreaming nor awake. I was in a state where I knew I was laying in my bed but couldn't move or become completely awake. During this state i was in, it felt like someone was draining my energy. Then suddenly I was awake, and nobody was there. I've had this experiencing very often. There's only one time where i managed to get up and awake during this state I was in. When I got up, I saw a creature. It was humanoid, standing on two legs, but not human. It was short and a bit plump, it looked a bit like a goblin. I was screaming and the creature looked scared and was walking backwards. Then it disappeared, and I calmed down and thought that it was normal to experience these things right when you wake up. Ever since I managed to get up during this state, I've never experienced the same thing again.

There was some tragic events happening, but I would rather not get into details about it.

I haven't been more ill since 2010.

Seeker-123

Neophyte
Reaction score

Thank you for the material SkullTraill, will definitely read through it.
I tried performing this ritual [Archive] - [The God-King] Spell To Break a Curse a week ago, but it didn't seem to work. I did have some problems getting the ingredients to burn though. I ended up putting a piece of paper in the pot to create some flames.