• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] If You Could Stalk Someone From History...

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'd go with Cleopatra. Not because there's any attraction. I just wanna find out if Pascal was right about the shape of her nose changing history. (I was traumatized by the movie anyway. I dunno know why. Liz Taylor always struck me as a strike against heterosexuality.)

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
i would stalk H.P Lovecraft and have mad fun while doing it like referencing works he has not published yet and such
as if the guy wasn't fucked up enough already...

You would, as is usual in many time travel stories, end up being the one causing his paranoia and extreme fear/hatred of "the other"

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I would stalk Xenophon (430-355? BC)

Actually, I jumped the timeline: you can see me in the picture.
Xenophon_and_the_ten_thousand_hail_the_sea.jpg

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Gothic, game trilogy logo
same place i got the username from
specifically the symbol of arch demon The Sleeper

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
as if the guy wasn't fucked up enough already...

You would, as is usual in many time travel stories, end up being the one causing his paranoia and extreme fear/hatred of "the other"
That'd be a good Lovecraft title, "The Stalker From the Future." An added bonus would be it'd be nigh impossible for anything to be "eldritch" in such a tale.
Post automatically merged:

I would stalk Xenophon (430-355? BC)

Actually, I jumped the timeline: you can see me in the picture.
Xenophon_and_the_ten_thousand_hail_the_sea.jpg
Why him? He had enough griefs just extraculating the 10,000 out of antediluvial Eye-Rack there.

Can't confirm. Mossad training :ninja:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
That is something I wonder. Why are Mossad agents, SAS commandos, and Navy SEALS such inveterate internet posters? I swear, every forum has at least 3-4 such types as regular posters. You'd think they'd be quieter about their exploits. "If you did it, that's recognition enough." Mad Mike Hoare taught me that back fighting the Simbas in Katanga, he did.

and african americans.
yup thats the plan.
perfect in its symmetry
Odd...I've read all of Lovecraft. I never recall him using the term "African-American."

Last edited:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to see how DaVinci interacted with the world on a day-to-day basis. It seems like every little thing he saw triggered some imaginative rabbit-hole.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to see how DaVinci interacted with the world on a day-to-day basis. It seems like every little thing he saw triggered some imaginative rabbit-hole.
Could be he was a bland guy. Like a very bright Walter Mitty, only Da Vinci wrote his stuff down or artisificated it.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I can't access Twitter here. Did she have golden eyes or just the one?
Just the one, left eye. It's black, but it used to be gold. Hang on, I'll grab an image

Burnt_city_eyeball_200.gif

"It was made from tar and animal fat and painted gold. Experts posit whoever designed the eye must have had a good grasp of ocular anatomy – a normal eye's tiniest blood vessels were recreated using golden wires measuring less than half a millimeter in diameter."

(Archaeologists don't think she was a priestess though, that detail seems to have been added by optimistic twitter users. Based on her grave goods (a silver hand mirror, jewellery, no religious stuff), they think she was probably royalty. Only one way to find out for sure: go back in time and stalk)

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Just the one, left eye. It's black, but it used to be gold. Hang on, I'll grab an image

Burnt_city_eyeball_200.gif

"It was made from tar and animal fat and painted gold. Experts posit whoever designed the eye must have had a good grasp of ocular anatomy – a normal eye's tiniest blood vessels were recreated using golden wires measuring less than half a millimeter in diameter."

(Archaeologists don't think she was a priestess though, that detail seems to have been added by optimistic twitter users. Based on her grave goods (a silver hand mirror, jewellery, no religious stuff), they think she was probably royalty. Only one way to find out for sure: go back in time and stalk)
Oh, a false eye. Like the old song, "After the ball is over, Farinah takes out her fake-eye/ Puts her false teeth in cold water..."

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
If I would have to choose some historical figures that I would like to stalk, that would be:

1. Napoleon (I always have the feeling that his talent for geographical discoveries came from a supernatural source)

2. King Arthur (The Excalibur has a lot of interesting magic and sorcery tied to it)

3. Apsethus the Lybian (an ancient Lybian occultist). For some reason, I feel that Lybia and Emirate magic has a lot of potential.

4. Chu Fu - Chinese Han dynasty occultist

And
5. Chymes - Greco-Roman alchemist

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting choices. Any sources you know for Apsethus besides Hippolytus' "Refutation"? (He's hardly the least biased of sources.

Any other info on Chu Fu? I looked her up on the ancient origins site. Unfortunately they don't have the name in Chinese. I'm guessing it'd be 煮夫,or 朱夫。(Zhu Fu in pinyin)I live in China, so I'd like to see what they have in print these days.

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Well, I got this link here which may explain more about Apsethus. I find it also interesting since it relates to the nature of those who proclaim to be God or of God and turn out to be imposters. Here is the link:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

As for Chu Fu, I think you would be interested in checking the book called Biographical Dictionary of Chinese Women: Antiquity through Shui.

In the Dictionary there are various mentions of the Han dynasty (besides other interesting dynasties as well) so, worth checking.

What I found a little bit about Chu Fu is that she was a red / love magic witch.

Chu Fu (Chinese: 楚服; pinyin: Chǔ Fú, died 130 BCE), was a Chinese Han dynasty occultist who was executed for witchcraft.

She is said to have tried to approach Empress Chen Jiao and teach her sorcery and love spells to get rid of a woman who was competing with Empress Chen for favor. Alternately, some versions of the tale suggest that Empress Chen turned to sorcery for aid in conceiving, desperate to bear a son after 10 years of marriage. Still other versions present the accusations if witchcraft as largely an excuse to be rid of the Empress, to replace her with a different woman.

When this supposed plot was discovered, Chen Jiao's husband Emperor Wu of Han ordered the imperial censor Zhang Tang to investigate. Zhang Tang's investigation found more than three hundred people who were implicated and executed. Chu Fu was publicly beheaded and her head hung up on public display. On the 14th day of the 7th month (Chinese calendar) Emperor Wu deposed the empress, confiscated her imperial seal, removed her title, and banished her to the Changmen Palace (長門宮).