• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Official] If you see any spam PMs...

An official request, or post by staff acting with authority.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
... please either forward them to me, add me to the convo, or use the report functionality.

There are a few users registering accounts here manually, to avoid being blocked by the anti-bot measures, and then running a spam bot to send PMs which are intelligent enough to not send to a member of staff.

I don't look at members PMs or even the logs of PMs for privacy reasons, so there's really no way for me to know unless someone reports it to me :)

Reaction score
Awards
What sort of spam content have you seen? I'm not so bright as to tell when I'm talking to an AI not for example.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
What sort of spam content have you seen? I'm not so bright as to tell when I'm talking to an AI not for example.
hI se XXX y bby...!!! I am a HOT YOUNG TEEN ready to show you MY BOBS AND VAGENE... it's ""FREEE"""
click this link to wat ch me nekkid -----> CLICK HERE

Reaction score
Awards
There would be problems with that. I've gotten bit a few times by extortioners from sex spam pms on FB. Those were fun.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
There would be problems with that. I've gotten bit a few times by extortioners from sex spam pms on FB. Those were fun.
I am SO fed up by scammers is not even funny!!!:mad: This coming August my niece is coming to stay in my apt so she can go to college in NY where i live... so i'm trying to get rid of some things in order to make space for her since my apt is not big and Titi ain't rich.... just yet!!!....Lol:ROFLMAO: So i put up some things on FB marketplace for sale at ridiculously low prices so they can sell FAST, but it seems only scammers are answering my listings. They have the nerve to contact me on FB messenger telling me that in order for them to confirm i'm a real person they'll send me a text message to my phone with a "code". And for me to send them that code through the FB messenger... I received a text message with a code on my phone and me being....well, ME...:LOL: I started reading around the link that came right under that code... And there it was... a Google WARNING to NOT give this code to anybody that asks for it because they will have access to my google account if i do... Ha!!!:cool: These scammers are getting outta hand with the nonsense... i reported every single person that attempted the same thing. Sorry for the long text:( I just want to get this info out there so it doesn't happen to anybody. At least now anybody reading this will know what this scam sounds like and they can avoid it!!;)

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I started reading around the link that came right under that code... And there it was... a Google WARNING to NOT give this code to anybody that asks for it because they will have access to my google account if i do...
Seems pretty obvious tbh

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Sadly in 2023 spammers, trolls and hackers have become much more annoying. With AI Chat bot tech on the rise and gaining much more intelligent usage, the spammers and hackers have adopted that tech for there own use. It will take a combined effort to stay together to combat it, unfortunately egos and personal desires usually ruin any unified front anymore. reason spammers gain ground and we lose ground.