• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

I'm frustrated cause I cannot develop magical powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I've spend all my life reading occultism books, memorizing every single word from the books, here all day in the forum reading you guys.. Developing a great wisdom, but I still cannot make any kind if magic I don't even have synchronities, and I am so afraid of ending up here telling everyone they are paranoid because they have habilities and i am feeling so envious.. What can I do? May I have an osctious in my head? I am so afraid please help me
Post automatically merged:

An octopus. I cannot even write properly! My english is so bad oh my god

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Best thing you can do is start one argument after another on a forum for occultists.
I have given you a spell that has been very successful for me in the past but you need to find out what works for you and build on that. Or be mad at internet people who really don't care.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've spend all my life reading occultism books, memorizing every single word from the books, here all day in the forum reading you guys.. Developing a great wisdom, but I still cannot make any kind if magic I don't even have synchronities, and I am so afraid of ending up here telling everyone they are paranoid because they have habilities and i am feeling so envious.. What can I do? May I have an osctious in my head? I am so afraid please help me
Post automatically merged:

An octopus. I cannot even write properly! My english is so bad oh my god
If you had spent all of your life practicing without "lust of result", you'd be in a much stronger position by now.

Oh well, never too late to start doing things properly...

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I agree with @Yazata. What works for someone else may not work for you. So, learn the techniques given from other sources. Even if things don't start to happen. Once you have a feel of what is like to do the steps. Then, you create your own Methods. Start harnessing Energy via meditation. I think that's what you need. Meditation. Start with that. A lot of people start practicing Magick without harnessing their Energy via meditations, and harnessing rituals.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
As soon as i read the Yazman tried to help, you lost credit with me.
don't be one of those who ask, are literally told and then proceed to ignore it
you will find few people better to give you a minute of their time

but i have been known to take meaning wrong either due to language barrier
or being crazy, so if that's not the case apologies.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've spend all my life reading occultism books
Just nitpicking here a bit, but unless you started reading since your birth then you didn't "spend all your life reading books".
I still cannot make any kind if magic
You "can't" or you "can't be bothered with trying"?Yes, I know this sounds harsh.

I myself still haven't trying doing anything "magical" so far exactly because I am still learning(the things I've actually tried already are more towards psychic stuff and inner energy) but I know that I can make things happen once I try it.I gotta think like that or else what would be the point of even entering this path then if all I would have for it were doubts?
Sure, magic is about self-development but everyone doing it also seek results from their own practices too, not only in themselves but in their own surroundings as well.

Sometimes you just have to be stubborn, no one becomes a professional at their role in a short time, and they most likely need to keep doing what they do every single day not only to upkeep their skills and knowledge, but also to get better day by day.

I am so afraid of ending up here telling everyone they are paranoid because they have habilities and i am feeling so envious.
Being envious of others for something you perceive them to have while you don't is natural, it isn't a problem as long as you don't start fights or discussions based only on your envy.Seems to me that you're more of the crowd that wants to believe in magic so bad, but at the same type want to see the results of the practices of others in order to "get confrimation" that it is real and attainable.

I think this speaks more of your own practice.

you need to find out what works for you and build on that
This.
Magic isn't a cookie cutter, at least to me it isn't.
What works for one might not work for another, reason why we have many systems too.
Because everyone wants to work with what works for them.

The icy kind you find at the bottom of the ocean.
Mariana Trench's level of bottomnes.

Forget all the other things you've read and read this:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Isn't this the second time you've posted this link in a discussion?At this point I think it would be better to post on the book shares.

you create your own Methods
Best option, to tailor suit things to your own desires and skills.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I find it's a lot like making a speech/boxing etc: you're probably not confident, but if you behave confidently, you feel confidently. And that confidence tends to spark genuine power.
I have a motto out of a Christmas cracker, of all places, that says "To think you can, creates the force that can"

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
What was the spell, if you feel like sharing more widely?
It was a variation of the world famous Freezer Spell. My interpretation of and experience with it, is that this "freezes" targets in the state they are when you cast it (as opposed to everybody else's view that it cools people's anger off).

So I find that it is very helpful when you know for certain that enemies are fighting amongst each other.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
My interpretation of and experience with it, is that this "freezes" targets in the state they are when you cast it (as opposed to everybody else's view that it cools people's anger off).
Oh interesting! I've never used it the original way, but that makes sense. Something to keep in my back pocket.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've spend all my life reading occultism books, memorizing every single word from the books, here all day in the forum reading you guys.. Developing a great wisdom, but I still cannot make any kind if magic
Start looking at magic from different angle and reconsider (carefully examine) what your learnt so far.
Start seeking answers to the most fundamental questions such as "What is magic?", don't be in rush, spend some time building foundations because without foundations your tower will collapse.

Certainly do not hesitate to be ready to change your beliefs because magic is knowledge and knowledge should not be based on beliefs but on justified true beliefs.
What is
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

If you succeed in that all the knowledge you gathered so far should start making sense and should open up new doors to explore to help boost your skills.
Above all you should never say "I learned everything" or "I know everything".

If you spent your life reading occult books then you surely have heard about "occult sciences" or "occult philosophy", there are occult books that touch these topics.
The topic terms alone tell you that magic is about science and philosophy, science here does not mean empirical proof based science but in general science means continuous effort with no end to research and philosophy implies critical thinking that help researching.

And finally don't just read books, you also need to innovate and practice new methods because times have changed and old sciences might not be the best approach for modern times, they're good for knowledge and understanding but you want to innovate and act as well in real world.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
magic is knowledge and knowledge should not be based on beliefs
Beliefs might even instigate one to seek knowledge, and while belifes might be created out of knowledge they aren't knowledge.
"What is magic?"
You could ask this to a thousand people and you would have a thousand answers, though realistically the answers could end up grouped into three or four main groups of opinion, I think.

Above all you should never say "I learned everything" or "I know everything".
The biggest "sin" and flaw, thinking that they know it all.I honestly tend to doubt someone's words when they start to speak as if they have all the answers because nothing is certain in this world, not even the certainty that nothing is certain.Gotta keep questioning everything and everyone.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I always thought magical powers are in our DNA
Some have and some don't,
I heard that you can develop them but at least you have to do some of its roots inside you...
Genuine for everyone
Some can tell the future some can grab a book and tell who ever touched the book kinda stuff
I think magic also needs it's talent to be present like many other things

Reaction score
Awards
SO what have you tried this far?
What books did you work through?
Did you read them cover to cover first, then worked them in how they are to be done?
Have you done a year of use of the LBRP?

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I always thought magical powers are in our DNA
Some have and some don't,
I heard that you can develop them but at least you have to do some of its roots inside you...
Genuine for everyone
Some can tell the future some can grab a book and tell who ever touched the book kinda stuff
I think magic also needs it's talent to be present like many other things
I think of it more like running. Most people can run, but very few of those people have put the work in over their lives to run a four minute mile.

I consider magic to be an edge condition of normal human consciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.