• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Immortality

TheLastFlame

Neophyte
Reaction score
In daoism there is a common theme of immortality and how to become immortal it's in every book some way or the other. Does anyone know books about immortality with magick because surprisingly its bairly talked about and only in speckles. It's the main topic of my intrest

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've seen mention of it Don Webb's books. His general perspective from my understanding is that you try to become a fixed point. The world is in constant flux and entropy, the whole "you never step in the same river twice" thing. He offers a left hand path solution; instead of becoming one with universe and giving in to entropy, you separate yourself out and become unmoved by the universe. Step one is becoming the best version of yourself, a version of yourself you wouldn't mind being for the rest of time. He says that if a rainy afternoon causes you boredom then you are not ready for immortality.

Now from my understanding this is very different from Taoism, which emphasizes soft power and going with the flow. He also isn't talking about physical immortality so if that's what you're looking it might not be for you (or maybe you could try securing your spiritual immortality just in case the physical one doesn't work out).

Anyway two books of his I'd recommend are How to Vecome a Modern Magus and Energy Work of The Vampyre. The first is a twelve month course and the second is nine months. They don't offer complete instructions on the immortality aspects but if you complete them I'm sure you'll be well equipped to finish the journey.

I'll make a couple more replies with more recommendations from different perspectives. If you have questions about these works I'll be happy to answer but I don't much practical experience with these things so I can only tell you what certain authors think.
Post automatically merged:

Some resources on Taoist practice:
  • Practicing the Tao Te Ching 81 steps on the Way by Solala Towler
  • The 49 Barriers of Cultivating the Dao by Xing De
  • Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    course by Jason Louv
John Kreiter's Magnum Opus series:
  1. The Magnum Opus
  2. The Way of the Projectionist
  3. The Way of the Death Defier
I also think any book on Vampire magick would probably have something for you. There is vampire/energy manipulation section on this forum you check out.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know books about immortality with magick
As in, seeking immortality through the use of magic?

At most, as far as I know, there is seeking immortality through the use of alchemy.

But despite if through the Tao or through magical means, physical immortality is still an almost impossible dream.
There might be someone that achieved it, but if they exist they most likely aren't easy to reach or might even be reclusive people.The type that unless you know where to find and who to find, you won't find them.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is possible to achieve immortality by ingesting suitable substances. The Sumerian gods, dying under this aging sun, went on strike until they were given the food of life and the water of life to maintain their immortality. Although the currently existing depictions show the gods collecting fruit from a stylised Tree of Life, it seems that the substances are alchemical. Hence some alchemists have achieved immortality.

The natural process is for the human to discard subplane matter that is not being used, as the initiate refines its personality so that only first subplane matter is retained. Eventually the initiate may be offered an inner process where the first subplane matter is also discarded and only the five electricities remain. The electronic body is immortal.

On the other hand it seems that Enki is visiting again. Someone asked him about immortality and he said he does not bother with that. When his body is worn out after about 2000 years he makes a clone and moves into that. That of course is only the physical body, not the higher bodies.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A friend reported to me that he knows a man who claimed to have made the philosopher's stone at age 25. My friend says the man looks young but has eyes that seem very old. The man provided some alchemical tonic that my friend is very pleased with.

Last edited:

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It is possible to achieve immortality by ingesting suitable substances. The Sumerian gods, dying under this aging sun, went on strike until they were given the food of life and the water of life to maintain their immortality. Although the currently existing depictions show the gods collecting fruit from a stylised Tree of Life, it seems that the substances are alchemical. Hence some alchemists have achieved immortality.

The natural process is for the human to discard subplane matter that is not being used, as the initiate refines its personality so that only first subplane matter is retained. Eventually the initiate may be offered an inner process where the first subplane matter is also discarded and only the five electricities remain. The electronic body is immortal.

On the other hand it seems that Enki is visiting again. Someone asked him about immortality and he said he does not bother with that. When his body is worn out after about 2000 years he makes a clone and moves into that. That of course is only the physical body, not the higher bodies.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A friend reported to me that he knows a man who claimed to have made the philosopher's stone at age 25. My friend says the man looks young but has eyes that seem very old. The man provided some alchemical tonic that my friend is very pleased with.
That's awesome!! That a man made the Philosopher's stone. I hope your friend is telling you the truth, and not B Sing you.

I think immortality will come when we all become Androids AI shit.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I hope your friend is telling you the truth, and not B Sing you.

Both he and the alchemist are members of a nearby Masonic 18th degree chapter. The ritual in the 18th degree is based on the practices of the Sumerian gods

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Both he and the alchemist are members of a nearby Masonic 18th degree chapter. The ritual in the 18th degree is based on the practices of the Sumerian gods
Oh ok that's awesome! I heard that to be a Mason, one can not have a Criminal record. Is this true?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
to be a Mason, one can not have a Criminal record. Is this true?

Certainly not a serious crime. Minor events - drunk and disorderly as a teenager - would usually not be an issue.

Long ago police would become Masons as they would be safe in the lodge, not having to watch their backs

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The cosmic tide has progressively gone out on English-speaking Freemasonry and probably on most other forms.

The format of English-speaking Masonry failed progressively, starting in 1717 when Masonry became public and political and thereby lost its human guides.

The basic task remains - teaching humans to manage the temple that extends from E to W and N to S and from the center of the Earth to the Heavens - but Masonry has very largely failed to address that task.

Fortunately humans born after 1995 are much more attuned to their planetary responsibilities.

And now with the Artemis Accords, 16+ nations have signed ethical standards for operating in the solar system. Much of the material in the Accords is taken from Star Trek - a previous attempt to house-train Earth humanity

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The cosmic tide has progressively gone out on English-speaking Freemasonry and probably on most other forms.

The format of English-speaking Masonry failed progressively, starting in 1717 when Masonry became public and political and thereby lost its human guides.

The basic task remains - teaching humans to manage the temple that extends from E to W and N to S and from the center of the Earth to the Heavens - but Masonry has very largely failed to address that task.

Fortunately humans born after 1995 are much more attuned to their planetary responsibilities.

And now with the Artemis Accords, 16+ nations have signed ethical standards for operating in the solar system. Much of the material in the Accords is taken from Star Trek - a previous attempt to house-train Earth humanity
Interesting.

Some people claim, they are Freemasons, only to find out that they are not. They just say that they are Freemasons to an unknown stranger such as myself. To me personally, if you are a Mason, than you shouldn't say it. Just my theory.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Traditionally Freemasons used terms that had meaning to the brethren. For example, if a new acquaintance has used a Masonic term or gesture, you might ask: how old is your grandmother?

The traditional answer is the number of your lodge on the roll of the Grand Lodge

TheLastFlame

Neophyte
Reaction score
As in, seeking immortality through the use of magic?

At most, as far as I know, there is seeking immortality through the use of alchemy.

But despite if through the Tao or through magical means, physical immortality is still an almost impossible dream.
There might be someone that achieved it, but if they exist they most likely aren't easy to reach or might even be reclusive people.The type that unless you know where to find and who to find, you won't find them.
I belive physical immortality may be a fever dream but I'm more into the spiritual or other type of immortality if there are immortals you would really never know because they are not invincible and can still be hurt and killed so the physical aspect of the idea is not where my intrest is.

I like the idea of immortality such as earth immortal, spirit immortal and etc

catpottery

Neophyte
Reaction score
In daoism there is a common theme of immortality and how to become immortal it's in every book some way or the other. Does anyone know books about immortality with magick because surprisingly its bairly talked about and only in speckles. It's the main topic of my intrest
With magick?
I don't doubt it, but I think you're trying to find something hard to attain too early. If you are experienced at magick, your answers will come to you intuitively.
If you seek immortality, you should follow the Daoist tradition of growing the energetic body. What should primarily concern you is the development of your energetic body, and the stimulation of your minor and major chakras. As your energetic body grows, so do you open yourself up to higher realms of thought and consciousness, as well as psychic powers/siddhis. As you progress, things like physical immortality will open themselves up to you.

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
I just remembered something I seen. I believe it was near the back of LiberNull & psychonaut, it was a method of choosing your own reincarnation. The method did seem to require you to have followers, then off yourself, and then you'd be your own father. I haven't seen it in quite a while so you might want to check it out.