• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] In addition to research. Grade level questions

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
When I was an authentic neophyte to the GD Toronto temple pre initiation, many questions I asked were "outside of your grade".
So. By elemental grades as well as Portal grade, what are the most worthy frequently asked questions, and what should often be asked but aren't or rarely are asked?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
One of the things that surprises me is how many wouldbe magicians ignore the aliveness and rights of energies.

I knew a Daoist that would teach his students to suck life force out trees without even asking the tree elemental.

Those trees knew to pull their energies in tightly when he arrived. They deliberately contaminated what was stolen.

In this second manifestation of the solar system, right relationship is almost always central.

The Lipika Lords keep good records.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks, will look up the links. I guess I can answer my own question for the most part depending on the nature of the topic that would be at grade level, however, two perfect examples of earth grade are not only mastery of thought and emotional-physical impulses, but geomancy and alchemy would be prime examples of subject matter of earth grade.
Depending on the system used, some go into air, some go into water as the next grade, and then there are central areas of study and certain frequently observed phenomenon occurring at that grade to those grade level students.
Ig guess I am asking what should I be asking to maximize and accelerate growth within the hermetic magic and hoodoo systems?

Reaction score
Awards
Im looking to cooperate with spirits, devas, angels.
Im looking to dominate my lower nature and scale plots of lower enlightenment stages to higher brought into central self.
Past that, Im lost on the question.

But grade level questions, I see the Modern Conveniences and Alchemy post, and likely will restart My Celtic Adventure and Geomancy posts of the past as Zelator commences/begins. Thus, asking what questions I should be asking at the transition at the moment from Neophyte to Zelator, and then Zelator to Theoricus, Theoricus to Practicus, Practicus to Philosophus, to Portal, etc.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I am not sure a system developed in the mid 19th century should be followed rigidly. Apart from one size not fitting all, the human race has moved on quite a lot.

Those born after 1995 seem to have a much clearer commitment to right relationship. Perhaps that is why magical forums/bookshops/groups have been pretty quiet for a couple of decades.

Mahotma

Neophyte
Reaction score
One of the things that surprises me is how many wouldbe magicians ignore the aliveness and rights of energies.

I knew a Daoist that would teach his students to suck life force out trees without even asking the tree elemental.

Those trees knew to pull their energies in tightly when he arrived. They deliberately contaminated what was stolen.

In this second manifestation of the solar system, right relationship is almost always central.

The Lipika Lords keep good records.

Would not the taking of life to survive and thrive be the cornerstone of nature? If you are strong enough to take it, it is yours by right of being able to? The will of the prey does not matter, only the will of the preditor?

Can you link this Daoist teaching that talks about pulling life directly from other living beings? Thank you.

Reaction score
Awards
Would not the taking of life to survive and thrive be the cornerstone of nature? If you are strong enough to take it, it is yours by right of being able to? The will of the prey does not matter, only the will of the preditor?

Can you link this Daoist teaching that talks about pulling life directly from other living beings? Thank you.
At which elemental grade would this question emerge? Why did you pick this post to comment on, just curious...
I think you want to research energetic vampirism.

Reaction score
Awards
In our world, this planet came together and erected and uphold rules we all must follow as human beings.
To not walk on all fours is from the Satanic Bible, forget where exactly.
@Sage .... Any info on the Daoist question?

Mahotma

Neophyte
Reaction score
One of the spirits mention vamperism and a long drawn out tale of another “life”.
i have read about this but seem unable to reproduce the direct effect other than ambiant absorbtion of energy not direct harm to individual beings. This is from me i understand as i really have a mental block to causing harm to any being. This may be a faulty worldview so i seek to break it to find out.

i dont understand what is ment by “elemental grade”. Pls link or explain.

I have found that a lot of energy work has been presented in “the world is love” pov i find to be inherently flawed. I find this philosophy of “getting permission to eat you” to be … i cant understand it. The subject of absorbing life energy, as long as there are actual real world effects such as improved health or increased strength ect, to be facinating and in line with my current goal and magick philosophy.

i am reading this forum to learn and will be responding and asking questions on topics i have interest in or for clairification of the authers point of view.

Reaction score
Awards
There was a time where I had just inherited a pet cat (whom is still with me), had botched a relationship, had been researching Lilith, and was near a full moon, had been practicing occult fundamentals.
I became convinced and obsessed with the idea that the souls or spirits of the botched girl and the pet cat had switched bodies.
I was obsessed with this line of bullshit for years, until I realized I had been the fool.

Soul retrieval is very real, as is sucking life force out of others. You might also look into attacking the etheric double.

Reaction score
Awards
When I was an authentic neophyte to the GD Toronto temple pre initiation, many questions I asked were "outside of your grade".
So. By elemental grades as well as Portal grade, what are the most worthy frequently asked questions, and what should often be asked but aren't or rarely are asked?
Perhaps a good question is while looking at the serpent on the tree, and backing the body into the tree of life, I just realized something --
Kether - Head
Chokmah - L Shoulder
Binah - R Shoulder
Gedulah - L Lung
Geburah - R Lung
Tiphareth - Solar Plexus/Abs/Diapharagm
Netzach - L Hip
Hod - R Hip
Yesod - Gonads
Malkuth - Feet.

In doing this exercise of the Body in Assiah and Backing the Body into the Tree of Life, what takes place as far as consciousness and etheric energy goes?

Mahotma

Neophyte
Reaction score
There was a time where I had just inherited a pet cat (whom is still with me), had botched a relationship, had been researching Lilith, and was near a full moon, had been practicing occult fundamentals.
I became convinced and obsessed with the idea that the souls or spirits of the botched girl and the pet cat had switched bodies.
I was obsessed with this line of bullshit for years, until I realized I had been the fool.

Soul retrieval is very real, as is sucking life force out of others. You might also look into attacking the etheric double.
I am sorry but i dont understand the relevence of the first paragraph. My apologies.

Soul retrieval and etheric double. Sorry i am unfamilier with these concept.

Reaction score
Awards
Soul Retreival is bis in Core Shamanism.
The etheric double is an imaginary or transparent body surrounding our physical body, filled with etheric energy.
Post automatically merged:

Yep, I had neophyte level understanding. Pride.

Last edited: