• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] In your opinion which is the best version of the LBRP

Someone's asking for help!

Mashreqi

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 6, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
14
I want to perform the LBRP ritual in the most correct way and I want to know which version of the LBRP you consider the most complete and best please guide me about it
 

Philou

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 21, 2024
Messages
36
Reaction score
49
I remember going down this rabbit hole quite a while ago too. After hearing that the GD version was incorrect, I tested every “corrected” version I could find, and tbh, I didn’t notice any difference except that the alternatives felt confusing simply because I was used to the GD version. At some point, I declared the quest sterile and simply stopped, and decided to go with the normal one.
 

Yazata

Moderator
Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
3,097
Reaction score
9,666
Awards
36
I don't know too many variations but of course I think my version is the best:
The fifth Pentagram (the one that goes through your body) is an invoking one going from the top to your right foot (Earth) to your left hand (Water) to right hand (Air) to left foot (Fire) back to top and continue with an invoking Universal Hexagram in your heart.
 

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
766
Reaction score
947
Awards
8
I have a version where you add 3x hexagrams to the body at different places like Crown, Heart and Sexual. 3*6 = 18 + 4 elements = 22 (there are 22 hebrew letters).
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
157
Reaction score
142
Awards
3
To me there is no LBRP.. LBRP is just a bastardization of the original ritual which is simply the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram. The LBRP is pointless and an additional step that is not even effective as a banishing ritual in the first place.. Just use the LRP.. No LBRP.. It was never meant to be a banishing ritual.. It is simply a ritual of casting a circle of protection and calling upon the god head + arch angels to do so. To draw the pentagrams a certain way and think that it will be effective at banishing anything is probably some of the most silly thought processes a practitioner can have.

In Golden Dawn the LBRP is not even as important as the Rose Cross ritual which originally comes from Rosicrucianism and was embedded into HOGD. the Rose Cross should precede the LRP.. The LBRP should not be utilized at all.. and then the GHR ..after the opening of the watch towers.

I am giving away some good gems here-- but these are nothing compared to the real gems you receive in middle / higher grades, which I will not disclose here. -- though I may drop hints here and there..
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
487
Reaction score
433
Awards
5
To me there is no LBRP.. LBRP is just a bastardization of the original ritual which is simply the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram. The LBRP is pointless and an additional step that is not even effective as a banishing ritual in the first place.. Just use the LRP.. No LBRP.. It was never meant to be a banishing ritual.. It is simply a ritual of casting a circle of protection and calling upon the god head + arch angels to do so. To draw the pentagrams a certain way and think that it will be effective at banishing anything is probably some of the most silly thought processes a practitioner can have.

In Golden Dawn the LBRP is not even as important as the Rose Cross ritual which originally comes from Rosicrucianism and was embedded into HOGD. the Rose Cross should precede the LRP.. The LBRP should not be utilized at all.. and then the GHR ..after the opening of the watch towers.

I am giving away some good gems here-- but these are nothing compared to the real gems you receive in middle / higher grades, which I will not disclose here. -- though I may drop hints here and there..
I don't think attempts at objectivity are of much use here. The effectiveness of this ritual doesn't seem to have anything to do with the exactitude of its form - in fact graded on that merit it fails miserably by attempting to invoke forces very few practitioners have any degree authority over.
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
157
Reaction score
142
Awards
3
I don't think attempts at objectivity are of much use here. The effectiveness of this ritual doesn't seem to have anything to do with the exactitude of its form - in fact graded on that merit it fails miserably by attempting to invoke forces very few practitioners have any degree authority over.
I agree with you-- But, I look at it like this_ If a ritual was made one way, and served its purpose-- Theres no sense in going back and editing it to address concerns of others who have later suggestions..

I can tell you right now in HOGD, we do not use the LBRP. It's more or less for neophytes to play around with. There are rituals that supercede it anyways.. It can just be a bit pointless doing a LRP and then a LBRP back to back ....either way these are all lower grade mechanisms.. After certain grades, all these are discarded and more effective methods are used.
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
487
Reaction score
433
Awards
5
I agree with you-- But, I look at it like this_ If a ritual was made one way, and served its purpose-- Theres no sense in going back and editing it to address concerns of others who have later suggestions..
On the other hand there is no reason a given system wouldn't produce functional variants that suit its needs.
I can tell you right now in HOGD, we do not use the LBRP. It's more or less for neophytes to play around with. There are rituals that supercede it anyways.. It can just be a bit pointless doing a LRP and then a LBRP back to back ....either way these are all lower grade mechanisms.. After certain grades, all these are discarded and more effective methods are used.
I would imagine. I've never seen much value in LRP for my own Work. I think its prevelance in modern occultism outside of GD-derived symbolic languages is a sign of certain widespread thoughtlessness.
 

Mashreqi

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 6, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
14
To me there is no LBRP.. LBRP is just a bastardization of the original ritual which is simply the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram. The LBRP is pointless and an additional step that is not even effective as a banishing ritual in the first place.. Just use the LRP.. No LBRP.. It was never meant to be a banishing ritual.. It is simply a ritual of casting a circle of protection and calling upon the god head + arch angels to do so. To draw the pentagrams a certain way and think that it will be effective at banishing anything is probably some of the most silly thought processes a practitioner can have.

In Golden Dawn the LBRP is not even as important as the Rose Cross ritual which originally comes from Rosicrucianism and was embedded into HOGD. the Rose Cross should precede the LRP.. The LBRP should not be utilized at all.. and then the GHR ..after the opening of the watch towers.

I am giving away some good gems here-- but these are nothing compared to the real gems you receive in middle / higher grades, which I will not disclose here. -- though I may drop hints here and there..
So you do not recommend the LBRP even for a beginner and instead suggest performing the BRP daily? Personally I have had experiences that could perhaps be interpreted as spiritual and indicative of the ritual's effectiveness
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
157
Reaction score
142
Awards
3
So you do not recommend the LBRP even for a beginner and instead suggest performing the BRP daily? Personally I have had experiences that could perhaps be interpreted as spiritual and indicative of the ritual's effectiveness

I think it's fine for beginners to practice because other relative rituals at that level follow a similar schema of utilizing certain figures/pentagrams and hexagrams for invoking and for banishing.. As one graduates from these neophyte rituals--we use other elements such as a heptagram. Not exclusively, but importantly. We still utilize pentagrams and hexagrams for certain elements of the ritual-- but don't necessarily bother with the LBRP--though some do still employ the QC/LRP. With a heptagram there is no inconsistences or contradicting elements. It also is important to note that all works that utilize this type of ritual magick happen not on our physical plane, but are to transcend this plane into the astral.. or the Qabbalistic sphere of influence known as Yesod.. The heptagram is representative of Yesod.. where the astral magick happens.. In sharing this, this would be considered a very valuable "secret".. Take it how you will :)

From what I have learned from my experience and experience of others-- some feel that the overuse of LBRP has a negative effect on them or their livelihood-- because you are telling yourself that you are banishing the element of Earth.. Earth element is relative to the material world and material goods like money, sustenance, etc.. so it can be a negative connotation on the subconcious mind.

I hope this helps.
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to add, its not very effective to tell yourself you are banishing air when invoking water and banishing water when invoking air. All these elements are important.. and the LBRP is just not reliable.. because everything is intention, but when the logic and intention don't match.. you're just working on a flawed system.. Would you use a ruler which measurements are incorrect? Probably not right

However as the original ritual , QC/LRP intended.. invoking any of these elements works fine.. and is still used to consecrate tools and items etc in the Golden Dawn and for general protection for neophytes to practice upon.
 
Last edited:

qwzxas

Neophyte
Joined
Dec 15, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
11
In the original GD LRP ritual the invoking version of the ritual is the default and the banishing version is a footnote at the end. One change I am considering is using the Aurum Solis method of tracing the pentagram. In the GD version their are some redundancies like the banishing pentagram of air being the same as the invoking pentagram of water etc. The Aurum Solis method can be found in these books: Mysteria Magica by Denning & Phillips, Rediscover the Magick of the Gods and Goddesses by Jean-Louis de Biasi, and The Celtic Golden Dawn by John Michael Greer.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!



Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

Mashreqi

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 6, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
14
I think it's fine for beginners to practice because other relative rituals at that level follow a similar schema of utilizing certain figures/pentagrams and hexagrams for invoking and for banishing.. As one graduates from these neophyte rituals--we use other elements such as a heptagram. Not exclusively, but importantly. We still utilize pentagrams and hexagrams for certain elements of the ritual-- but don't necessarily bother with the LBRP--though some do still employ the QC/LRP. With a heptagram there is no inconsistences or contradicting elements. It also is important to note that all works that utilize this type of ritual magick happen not on our physical plane, but are to transcend this plane into the astral.. or the Qabbalistic sphere of influence known as Yesod.. The heptagram is representative of Yesod.. where the astral magick happens.. In sharing this, this would be considered a very valuable "secret".. Take it how you will :)

From what I have learned from my experience and experience of others-- some feel that the overuse of LBRP has a negative effect on them or their livelihood-- because you are telling yourself that you are banishing the element of Earth.. Earth element is relative to the material world and material goods like money, sustenance, etc.. so it can be a negative connotation on the subconcious mind.

I hope this helps.
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to add, its not very effective to tell yourself you are banishing air when invoking water and banishing water when invoking air. All these elements are important.. and the LBRP is just not reliable.. because everything is intention, but when the logic and intention don't match.. you're just working on a flawed system.. Would you use a ruler which measurements are incorrect? Probably not right

However as the original ritual , QC/LRP intended.. invoking any of these elements works fine.. and is still used to consecrate tools and items etc in the Golden Dawn and for general protection for neophytes to practice upon.
Thank you sincerely for your guidance.
After doing a bit of reading about the LRP, I realized you were right: this ritual is more effective as a way of invoking the forces of the four elements than of banishing evil forces.
As for taking from your secret, I'm too much of a beginner for that. I hope you will offer more guidance.
 
Top