• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Insulin should be cheap. Here’s why it's not.

Everyone's got one.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I mean you can get a CT scan for a few hundred dollars in Mexico...it’s thousands in America

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I mean you can get a CT scan for a few hundred dollars in Mexico...it’s thousands in America
Fun fact, there is now a weird niche tourist industry in Mexico specifically dedicated to Americans coming for medical treatment. You can literally book a round-trip flight or drive down there, get a major surgery done, and then chill on the beach sipping pina coladas while you recover. All for still a fraction of the cost of just seeing a doctor back home. And thus, the all-in-one hospital/vacation resort was born.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Fun fact, there is now a weird niche tourist industry in Mexico specifically dedicated to Americans coming for medical treatment. You can literally book a round-trip flight or drive down there, get a major surgery done, and then chill on the beach sipping pina coladas while you recover. All for still a fraction of the cost of just seeing a doctor back home. And thus, the all-in-one hospital/vacation resort was born.
Many older Americans move to Mexico or they were as Mexico has changed its policies, you can live way cheaper in other countries then America

The health Industry as many things in America is a huge scam, in my twenties I got a tiny kidney stone and my POS ex dr was too lazy to investigate properly, I had to go to the E.R. multiple times as the combination of a kidney stone and coke cola I love to drink caused infections.

the hospital was a joke and when I got the Bill they charged me 4600 for meds, a urine test, blood test, an EKG and X rays.

they then once contacted me later asking for 600 dollars which I think was charged simply for taking my vitals.

like I said it’s a scam, predict we will have more people leaving America to cheaper places

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Many older Americans move to Mexico or they were as Mexico has changed its policies, you can live way cheaper in other countries then America

The health Industry as many things in America is a huge scam, in my twenties I got a tiny kidney stone and my POS ex dr was too lazy to investigate properly, I had to go to the E.R. multiple times as the combination of a kidney stone and coke cola I love to drink caused infections.

the hospital was a joke and when I got the Bill they charged me 4600 for meds, a urine test, blood test, an EKG and X rays.

they then once contacted me later asking for 600 dollars which I think was charged simply for taking my vitals.

like I said it’s a scam, predict we will have more people leaving America to cheaper places
So, I understand that hospitals are expensive and some medical practices are shit.

Usually, I like to have figured out mostly what is wrong when something is "suddenly" wrong or "immediately" wrong.

Usually, that something is "kidney stone", "a specific fuck-up on operating my joints", "an infection".

Occasionally it's "my chest is sunken" or "please remove this mole".

Btw, don't even ask "is this cancer," Just have them remove it plain and simple.

"It's unsightly".

After all of it, assuming you don't have insurance,

ALL US MEDICAL BILLS FROM HOSPITALS ARE NEGOTIABLE.

"I have this much money. You either take this much money, or you take zero money. Do you accept this much money as payment? Yeah, I thought so."

It costs time and effort, and nobody is going to do that work for you, and yeah it's really scammy. But it's also the only way to get that sweet, sweet Tamulosin.

God I f'n love Tamulosin. Kidney stones suck.