• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMMAHARTE

Visitor
Reaction score
Hi. Do you think it's a good idea to use your email address as username?

I can not change your name so it's probably best to give up on (or be very careful with the new mails on) this email..
It's quite disheartening for me, about the wireframing of this sebsite. I was never provided with any option to specify my preferred username nor the choice to add one. Rather this username was captured automatically from my email information with no option for futhre editing of username, and now this situation is imperative for website review by the developers.

Reaction score
Awards
Click on your avatar and manage account details. You should be able to at least change your email address. Perhaps ask SkullTraill to change your username.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I was never provided with any option to specify my preferred username nor the choice to add one. Rather this username was captured automatically from my email information
It's probably your browser autofilling it because you've signed up with that email before - it's not the individual website that does it. But you can edit it, autofill is always just a suggestion to save typing time, it doesn't lock you in. It will autofill your phone number and/or shipping address when you shop from new websites, for example. (Once you've registered with the suggestion autofill gave you, then it may be too late to edit it, as it is at WF, but it's editable at the initial stage when your browser adds it in.)

If it bothers you, you can change your browser settings so it stops suggesting your email address when you sign up to new services. (To find instructions, google the name of your browser + "turn off autofill forms". Your browser is probably Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, or Firefox - those are the most common ones.)

But it's not something Wizard Forums is doing or has control over

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Is making your first and last name your username much better than using your email address?

Status
Not open for further replies.