• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] Invocation of light From Shams Al Ma'arif

Informative post.
I have translated this prayer/invocation of light from a manuscript that had a near 90% similarity with the prayers in chapter 40 of Shams Al Ma'arif. in the spirit of sharing this prayer/invocation here that I witnessed abnormally fascinating things from it and the divine light blessing my life with this prayer, I hope to share it here. I have my own blog that contain report of volunteers who decided to try the invocations and share their experience with it and I hope that I can share the link here but if the mods feel like it's not suitable they can just delete it:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This is a prayer that’s overlooked and the version I would be translating isn’t in Shams Al Ma'arif but in a manuscript called “Majmu'at al-Khawas” I hope that people benefits from it. It have many usages including might, acceptance, love, obtaining wisdom, etc. One of it’s unique virtue is that if you’re in the middle of the night, in a dark room, with your eyes closed and prayed using this prayer for 28 times you will start seeing “Wonderful lights that fill your heart, and if you continue you will see the worlds of unseen”

Invocation of Light(Original translation)

“My god, plunge me in the sea of your might until I merge wholly with you outwardly and inwardly, until I get out of it within my face a ray of your light’s might that steal the vision of the envy from the jinn and humans that blind and bind them from throwing their arrows of envy in the fate of my blessings.

Shield me from them with the shield of light made out of your light, and I ask you with your name, The Light(Noor), by your face the light that lit by it every other light.

O light of light, I ask you to shield me with the light of your name a shield that protect me from all ignorant tyrants and strong oppressors, protect me from every deficit that merge with me a essence or projection. You’re the light of All. lit up everyone with your light, Ya Allah Ya Al-Haq, Ya Mubeen, Ya Noor Al-Noor Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. His light is like a niche in which there is a lamp, the lamp is in a crystal, the crystal is like a shining star, lit from ˹the oil of˺ a blessed olive tree, ˹located˺ neither to the east nor the west, whose oil would almost glow, even without being touched by fire. Light upon light! Allah guides whoever He wills to His light. And Allah sets forth parables for humanity. For Allah has ˹perfect˺ knowledge of all things.”

رب اغمسني في بحر هيبتك حتى أمتزج بجميع كليتي ظاهرا و باطنا،حتى أخرج منه و في وجهي شعاع من هيبتك يخطف أبصار الحاسدين من الجن و الإنس،فتعميهم و تمنعهم عن رمي سهام الحسد في قرطاس نعمتي،و احجبني عنهم بحجاب النور الذي باطنه النور،و أسألك باسمك النور، و بوجهك النور،النور الذي أضاء به كل نور،يا نور النور أسألك أن تحجبني بنور اسمك حجابا يمنعني من كل ظالم غاشم،و جبار عنيد يحرسني من كل نقص يمازج مني جواهر أو عرضا إنك أنت نور الكل، و منور الكل بنورك،يا الله يا حق يا مبين،يا نور النور ۞ ٱللَّهُ نُورُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ ۚ مَثَلُ نُورِهِۦ كَمِشْكَوٰةٍۢ فِيهَا مِصْبَاحٌ ۖ ٱلْمِصْبَاحُ فِى زُجَاجَةٍ ۖ ٱلزُّجَاجَةُ كَأَنَّهَا كَوْكَبٌۭ دُرِّىٌّۭ يُوقَدُ مِن شَجَرَةٍۢ مُّبَـٰرَكَةٍۢ زَيْتُونَةٍۢ لَّا شَرْقِيَّةٍۢ وَلَا غَرْبِيَّةٍۢ يَكَادُ زَيْتُهَا يُضِىٓءُ وَلَوْ لَمْ تَمْسَسْهُ نَارٌۭ ۚ نُّورٌ عَلَىٰ نُورٍۢ ۗ يَهْدِى ٱللَّهُ لِنُورِهِۦ مَن يَشَآءُ ۚ وَيَضْرِبُ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْأَمْثَـٰلَ لِلنَّاسِ ۗ وَٱللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ عَلِيمٌۭ

Patches بَشوش of
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, shared his rewritten version of the prayer with me:

Invocation of Light

My God, plunge me into the sea of Your might until I am wholly merged with You outwardly and inwardly, and until I receive of it, a ray of Your might’s light upon my face, to steal the vision of envy from the jinn and mankind to blind and bind them against throwing their arrows of envy into the fate of my blessing.

Shield me from them with the shield of light made out of Your light. I ask You by Your name: “The Light (Al-Nūr).” From Your face came the light that lit, by it, every other light.

O Light-of-Light, I ask You to shield me with the light of Your name — a shield that protects me from all ignorant tyrants and strong oppressors. Protect me from every negative aspect that tries to bind to me through essence or by projection. You are the light of All. Light up everyone with your light!

Ya Allāh! Ya Al-Haqq! Ya Mubīn! Ya Nūr Al-Nūr!

Allāh is the light of the heavens and the earth. His light is like a niche in which there is a lamp, the lamp is in a crystal, the crystal is like a shining star, lit from the oil of a blessed olive tree, located neither to the east nor the west, whose oil would almost glow, even without the touch of fire. Light upon light! Allāh guides whomever He wills to His light. And Allāh sets forth parables for humanity. For Allāh has perfect knowledge of all things.

Lastly, if you do try this invocation/prayer, I would be happy to hear from you in DM or as a reply here. :)

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
This would be a suitable post to seek an update on.