• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is Lucifer Satan or Not?

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There is no singular entity with the proper name Satan. Unless you consider the collective energies of satan - Satan.

There is however, a specific entity with the proper name of Lucifer.

Don’t bother asking for proof though. Can’t offer up any. I could talk forever about experiences, but that’s not proof. So it doesn’t matter.

just throwing in my two pennies.

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think I have rather definitive answer: it depends on paradigm.

I suppose it to be the classical situation from traditional "Blind men and an elephant" parable. We just have no capacity to catch full image of such power. And have no visual erudition to get the idea of such image from elsewhere. That's why we're creating the projections to form simulacra-like image for personal or communuty ussage

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
There is no singular entity with the proper name Satan. Unless you consider the collective energies of satan - Satan.

There is however, a specific entity with the proper name of Lucifer.

Don’t bother asking for proof though. Can’t offer up any. I could talk forever about experiences, but that’s not proof. So it doesn’t matter.

just throwing in my two pennies.
Experiences are the bestest kind of proof

aviaf

Neophyte
Reaction score
Good points, though "The Satanic Bible" is far from canonical even among Satanists. There are those who consider it a clumsy joke, most of all on its author.
Post automatically merged:

Your experience is noted. Name etymologies by themselves solve no questions, though. Odin's 180+ kennings hint at a being that combines both Luciferian and Satanic strains.
Wasn't stressing the name entomology, really. But I get your point. So the question was are they the same Being? My experience tells me no. I've been wrong before, though, so I don't let the problem bother me and treat them as different beings, even though they may just be aspects of the same Power. As a matter of fact, I don't bother with Lucifer or Satan anymore, as Grimnir fills the role I need when working with the Prometheian element, and Satan has a negative vibe that I don't enjoy working with. That said, I tip my hat to his antinomian nature and enjoy the outrage Satanists/Luciferians cause among the religiously inclined. I just prefer to dispense with the desert dweller mythologies and work with pre and post x-tian deity when engaging in theurgy.

Aeternus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
@aviaf interesting choice... anyways, back ob my LHP days, I found that Lucifer would differ drastically from Satan.

Not to say that Lucifer is a goody two shoes, not at all in most of the cases when I worked with him, but Lucifer is more cunning than Satan.

Satan always seemed to me as the bold and aggressive one, while Lucifer was more like the chill (but dangerous still) dude.

I am not telling anyone what to do or what to consider, but Luciferian elements such as Prometheus / Lucifer only represent just a manifestation of what Lucifer stands for rebellion but having use of a Greek God as well.

You don't actually need to choose the Promrtheian / Luciferian element as you can see that Lucifer himself is the Demonic Wielder of the Vril after stealing it from God (Yesh).

It's a legend that goes back when the Canaanites were a civilization.
Post automatically merged:

Satan is the Fallen Archangel Samael, who joined Lucifer's rebellion with the other 3rd host of Fallen Angels / Demons which, alongside Lucifer, became what we know today as 72 Goetic demons

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Wasn't stressing the name entomology, really. But I get your point. So the question was are they the same Being? My experience tells me no. I've been wrong before, though, so I don't let the problem bother me and treat them as different beings, even though they may just be aspects of the same Power. As a matter of fact, I don't bother with Lucifer or Satan anymore, as Grimnir fills the role I need when working with the Prometheian element, and Satan has a negative vibe that I don't enjoy working with. That said, I tip my hat to his antinomian nature and enjoy the outrage Satanists/Luciferians cause among the religiously inclined. I just prefer to dispense with the desert dweller mythologies and work with pre and post x-tian deity when engaging in theurgy.
Good points. I'd "like" this, but that function does not seem to be working at the moment. Maybe it's a condition of my probation?

motzfeldt

Neophyte
Reaction score
The way I've understood it thus far is that Satan is what the Greeks called "chaos" manifest. Satan, or this primordial acausal chaos if you will, manifests itself in different ways. To the Romans he was god Saturn, to the Hindus, Kali (and perhaps as Sani too). To others, as the Red Dragon, to some, like a chaos magician, he/she/it is simply "energy" from the void. Lucifer is an aspect of Satan, the more human-esque figure who can teach human beings to rekindle their connection with chaos (among other things).

Maybe I'm utterly wrong, but this is what I've come to believe after reading a lot about Saturn, Lucifer, Tantra and anti-cosmic Satanism.