• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is there any support for MF collective book writing with Beta support from the group.

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Book writing support, were the rough drafts are Bata read and then given a chance to be corrected, and were credit is given to contributors 'if they request it', with the possibility of a completed book eventually being published by MF, and made available for members to purchase.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Book writing support, were the rough drafts are Bata read and then given a chance to be corrected, and were credit is given to contributors 'if they request it', with the possibility of a completed book eventually being published by MF, and made available for members to purchase.
In essence it's a great idea. The reality will likely be that you get 300 beta readers and 1 sale.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Typos :oops: oops: MF = WF, Bata = Beta Readers
Now you know why I need more editing time.
Oh! right 😂

Yeah, I actually support this. In the future, I may even contribute to books if that if welcome. And certainly, I imagine folks like @Yazata @Nana @The God-King and others will have plenty to contribute if they are free and not already working on their own books.

Also, having extra sets of eyes to review the formatting and layout of the book will also be great.

Of course, as Yaz said, people will have to only accept a limited amount of Beta readers, otherwise, there won't be anyone to actually buy your book... though, if it is a good book, you can always count on me to buy it, whether I am a beta reader or not. But yeah, that's something to keep in mind.

Definitely, I'd like for WF to be incubating and generating our own great books and content instead of relying solely on PDF shares of other occult authors.

PS: You can have 24h edit time if you upgrade your account :p

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the info. I was suggesting that stories could be contributed to a WF collective book. I experienced a similar process as a member of the Sorcerers Guild. I didn't get any story into the final cut. But I did buy 2 of the sorcerers shadow books that were produced there, and I had lots of fun. The book money went to support the sorcerers Guild.
Good to know that becoming a benefactor WizardForums, gets me an upgrade in my edit time.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The Sorcerer's Shadow: Volume 1 Paperback – October 5, 2019​

Last edited:

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Oh! right 😂

Yeah, I actually support this. In the future, I may even contribute to books if that if welcome. And certainly, I imagine folks like @Yazata @Nana @The God-King and others will have plenty to contribute if they are free and not already working on their own books.

Also, having extra sets of eyes to review the formatting and layout of the book will also be great.

Of course, as Yaz said, people will have to only accept a limited amount of Beta readers, otherwise, there won't be anyone to actually buy your book... though, if it is a good book, you can always count on me to buy it, whether I am a beta reader or not. But yeah, that's something to keep in mind.

Definitely, I'd like for WF to be incubating and generating our own great books and content instead of relying solely on PDF shares of other occult authors.

PS: You can have 24h edit time if you upgrade your account :p
There's your 1 buyer

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the info. I was suggesting that stories could be contributed to a WF collective book. I experienced a similar process as a member of the Sorcerers Guild. I didn't get any story into the final cut. But I did buy 2 of the sorcerers shadow books that were produced there, and I had lots of fun. The book money went to support the sorcerers Guild.
Good to know that becoming a benefactor WizardForums, gets me an upgrade in my edit time.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The Sorcerer's Shadow: Volume 1 Paperback – October 5, 2019​

You mean sort of like a distillation of some of the knowledge passed around through the forums? That sounds like a great idea, especially going through the archives.
Of particular academic merit is that it will be a snapshot of the philosophical evolution in unifying principles. The diversity promotes the acknowledgement of common principles while the differences are giving rise to specialties. There's very little chest beating here (although I know I'm guilty of most of it when it does happen) and a tremendous amount of synergy. This would be a grand undertaking.