• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is this a thing?

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hi

Been having a MISERABLE time at work recently so... I'm trying an experiment for fun. I've written a short poem about all my problems (speed of the system I program) being resolved (in the present tense not future tense) and put it as a diary entry on Sunday 12th (I did this on Sunday the 5th) on my google calendar. Is this a thing? If so should I post the poem and forget it -or reread it?

As a side note life got WORSE for the last 2 days BUT I had two verses and the first one was a summary (past tense but still...) of everything that was going wrong. I chopped it and life has become a little better...

Is there any sort of precedent for this stuff - any books I should pick up on the subject?

Thanks

Reaction score
Awards
Paul Foster Case - Seven Steps. Will upload. Theron Dumont, Joseph McMurty. In library Book Shares. Dark Psychology, also in Book Shares.

I like Kurt Vonnegut approach -- "Throw up on your typewriter and clean it up later." Was it Vonnegut?

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, any way you progress in the Great Work, you will get setbacks as challenges corresponding to the planet in question.
Example - Im a Neophyte-Zelator on my way to Chesed from Malkuth. My financial house is set back. Communication is a challenge. Service is a challenge. These are where my earth signs are in my chart. Fire will be fucking difficult for me as I have one or two fire planets in my chart houses.
However, as I progress to Yesod and Theoricus, thought control and visualization will be the challenge domain in question. And so on..

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It looks like you combined poetry and cord cutting and I love it, I always wanted to turn poems into sigils because poetry is expressive, emotional and I believe that gives it more power.
Thanks! I couldn't really get into Sigils (too abstract) or convential goal setting (didn't FEEL it) like the Brian Tracy books etc - this could work out better...
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, any way you progress in the Great Work, you will get setbacks as challenges corresponding to the planet in question.
Example - Im a Neophyte-Zelator on my way to Chesed from Malkuth. My financial house is set back. Communication is a challenge. Service is a challenge. These are where my earth signs are in my chart. Fire will be fucking difficult for me as I have one or two fire planets in my chart houses.
However, as I progress to Yesod and Theoricus, thought control and visualization will be the challenge domain in question. And so on..
You sir are too kind indeed - thanks for the generous advice
Post automatically merged:

Paul Foster Case - Seven Steps. Will upload. Theron Dumont, Joseph McMurty. In library Book Shares. Dark Psychology, also in Book Shares.

I like Kurt Vonnegut approach -- "Throw up on your typewriter and clean it up later." Was it Vonnegut?
Thanks so much for this I really appreciate it!