• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Johnny Harris' take on the origin of Covid

Everyone's got one.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
First, let me disclose, I'm pretty pro-china, but I'm even more pro-science, and I respect Johnny because he used to be a mormon (literally, not as an insult) and in the process of leaving that mentality behind, has surely gained the ability to think critically, and not just be a regurgitating sheep.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
I find it interesting however, that after all that, all masks are made in China. Hopefully not near Wuhan.

Reaction score
Awards
Yet virus labs exist in several countries, some proprietary, some public. At least from the 2000s onward.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Never heard of him before this, but I really do admire how he makes it clear, we don't have enough evidence to prove either theory yet! And how we probably won't be able to know for certain, unless the people in charge of investigating actually do this properly. But it seems like there's a real human barrier to that happening, sadly. If the lab leak theory was in fact proven beyond a doubt, some real geopolitical ramifications would be unavoidable. At least while America's having this silly dick-measuring contest with China, and with them both happening to be world superpowers. I betcha anything those researchers, diplomats, etc. are as afraid of a war as we are, if not more.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Now that I've thought about it, though. Picking central China for the kind of lab they have, far away from a bat's natural habitat, is actually pretty smart. Because if a virus did leak, you're unlikely to have it tearing through entire wild bat colonies. Too bad there wasn't a way to do the same with the case of a human host.

When it comes to the question of why any lab would play around with dangerous viruses so much, though, I guess I could see the "For Prevention" side of the argument. However, big militaries like in the US have been up to real Umbrella Corporation-style shit in the past, and that's just from the tip of the iceberg we have in the form of declassified documents. I have little doubt that biological warfare is on both China and America's radar, along with Russia and probably any other country with a big enough military. Especially with the mentality of, "Well they're probably doing it, so we need to be able to do it harder/protect against it."

The real question is to what degree are things being done, and whether superviruses are outright being made with the specific intent as a weapon. I'm pretty sure that would violate the Geneva Conventions harder than Genghis Khan violated the planet's women, but y'know...it really wouldn't be the first time a war crime was committed. Like any atrocity, keep it under wraps and it's no harm no fowl for them. With all that being said, just like the lab leak theory itself, we can't truly discern things either way without hard evidence, which is being withheld at this time.