• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Just got Jareth Tempest's Angles of Omnipotence

Talk about a book(s)
Reaction score
So I've been away from this group for awhile and many others for awhile. My practice as it was and described on here has been disrupted/ended. Don't really want to get into how's or why but I'm slowly trying to get back on my occult feet. I've decided to try out the Angles of Omnipotence since the author has been vetted by some occultists I respect. Also I used to own some older famous books that were proven to be very successful that utilized the same entities namely The Mystic Grimoire of Mighty Spells and Rituals & The Miracle of New Avatar Power. I know he doesn't have the best reputation on here and was not long ago a rank amateur but his books have worked for a lot of people so take from that what you will.. Anyway I know a few people on here have worked with his books including this one and I wondered what your experiences has been?

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Not long ago an amateur?
dude he is dead lmao. 80 years old
with that strict vetting and backround check i was not expecting those tittles

i don't mind Cobb's or Damon Brand but come on. He aint all that
they are "good" ways for someone to dip into the waters
just not....hell if it works for you then keep at it.

I tried one or two of Cobb's stuff namely the one with the Nitika? nikita? who cares.
nothing much to report, though i did not stick with it long term either.

Reaction score
Not long ago an amateur?
dude he is dead lmao. 80 years old
with that strict vetting and backround check i was not expecting those tittles

i don't mind Cobb's or Damon Brand but come on. He aint all that
they are "good" ways for someone to dip into the waters
just not....hell if it works for you then keep at it.

I tried one or two of Cobb's stuff namely the one with the Nitika? nikita? who cares.
nothing much to report, though i did not stick with it long term either.
I meant Jareth Tempest not Cobb or Frater Malak. The latter two were hardly amateurs.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Geoffrey Gray-Cobb seems to be held in great esteem in occult circles; I use his New Avatar Power ritual for relaxation purposes prior to meditation as well. The NAP works quite well on a mundane level as a perfect relaxation induction technique but I don't know whether its angel Arzel has anything to do with it. Some people swear by his books, no matter how trashy they may seem, but then many people also value the Simon Necronomicon with its dubious pedigree, too.

What Geoffrey Gray-Cobb, the Gallery of Magick (Damon Brand et al.) and its copycat imitators from the Power of Magick (Ben Woodcroft, Jareth Tempest?, Corwin Hargrove, etc.) have in common is that they mined ancient tomes like the Shem HaMephorash with its 72 angels, the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses with the angels of omnipotence or other grimoires (e.g. the Goetia in Corwin Hargrove's "Goetia Pathworking") and presented their contents in a very modern, easily accessible form, no implements or self-development work required. People seem to love that approach, many of them are bestsellers in their segment. In his books, Damon Brand acknowledges Geoffrey Gray-Cobb's influence several times, esp. in "Magickal Cashbook":

Gray-Cobb provided a method for accessing a little-known spirit called Nitika, who can bring wealth. As many users have found, Nitika is an amazing spirit, easy to contact, who brings cash fast. I owe great thanks to the late Mr. Cobb for introducing me to this spirit and I'm proud to build on his work here.

Many Geoffrey Gray-Cobb fans insist that you read his books from cover to cover, esp. all these cheesy and cringeworthy success stories (*yuck). I don't know about that, all that Eisenhower-era chirpy optimism made me sick to the stomach when I first read them but Damon Brand seems to have taken a page from Gray-Cobb's book - the introductions to his rituals or sigil are written in a deceptively simple, almost naive style that convinces readers that everybody can do magic (although he never explicitly says so). Those lengthy introductions are not exactly hypnotizing but it's reasonable to say that they are part of the magic, too. Empowering, that's what they are, and in fact the GoM uses the word 'empowering' a lot in their Patreon offering. The writing style of all these popular books draws you in, and it helps if you are impressionable, if not to say gullible; it's just as important as their substance. I haven't beet able to make the GoM books work for me yet (maybe I'm too cynical and unable to generate that childlike sense of wonder in me that they seem to depend on for their efficacy) but I'll definitely give them another go once I have done some groundwork like meditation, breathwork, visualization, etc..

In short, I didn't try any of Geoffrey Gray-Cobb's rituals apart from the NAP because I feel that my revulsion at his low-brow sensationalist style would get in the way; maybe one day I'll be able to appreciate his books for what they are but definitely not now. As to Jareth Tempest… same simple, democratizing and empowering style as the GoM books, and frankly, there is no big difference between him and Damon Brand, I'd say. In my opinion there is no point in discussing the barebones techniques without the 'packaging' of the literary style; the authors' descriptions and comments concerning the sigils are just as important.

I hope that I have not ruined Jareth Tempest's books for you by analyzing their working principle in such detail. My advice is to immerse yourself fully in their content and switch off your critical faculties if you can. It's the compelling storytelling style that makes all these books work; you really have to let yourself go and dive right in, and why not? We read books for their emotional impact on us, too, not just for the information they contain, no matter whether fiction or non-fiction (and the lines are pretty blurred when it comes to occult books).
Post automatically merged:

I hasten to say that I was fairly inexperienced and had very ambitious goals when I tried the GoM and their style of magic (which Jareth Tempest shares, IMHO). Knowing what I know now, something 'stronger' or a chain of repeated rituals would have been required, not just a one-off operation.

Last edited:

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I was gonna do something with Angels of Omnipotence once, but once I got the book and started looking through it, things felt off and I stopped messing with it. I still have the book and everything, but a few people I used to know also had a similar situation with this book. I feel like it's only really beneficial to specific people, and to everyone else it's a distraction at best. I can't really explain it but when I was testing the waters with the entities in the book, it felt like something almost parasitic, or at least something not entirely pure if that makes sense. Maybe if I didn't go down the full hermetic route while binding the Goetia spirits and angels of the Shemhamephorash to my being in a sort of half-invocation pathworking it'd be different, but Jareth Tempest's Angels of Omnipotence didn't jive with me at all.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Idk about Angels of Omnipotence but I've used Paths of Power and I have a lot of time for his method

Even though it's similar on the surface, I think it's a cut above GoM.

I think you're essentially communicating in a language that is closer to "angel language" than ordinary speech is. Although he calls it pathworking, I see it more as words in a sentence
(Eg the four images for Yeyizel which you picture in image flashes rather than as a continuous scene:
  • A dead dove decays in the grass.
  • Ants marching through the dirt.
  • A pink flower blooms.
  • A field of pink flowers.
Or Sitael:
  • A sword laying on the ground.
  • A serpent slithers over the sword.
  • A green field of grass under a blue sky.
  • A strong and sturdy tower reaches into the sky.

It just... feels very plausible to me that this is communicating in a non-human and symbolic way. Idk. I buy it.

(I haven't used it much because it's a distraction from my current program of work but I'm keen to come back to it later)

Foolish Fish mentioned on the recent Glitch Bottle that he has been using Paths of Power methods a lot recently in his personal practice, but he didn't go into much detail
Post automatically merged:

Actually @Pyrokar I was going to suggest Paths of Power as an answer to your "simple as possible Angelic contact" question. Noting that I don't have much experience with angels and like... raised in secular country so am pretty ignorant about Christian cultural baggage which a lot of occultists have (and I figured was some of your resistance). So I'm not the best guide here. But Raziel (the intermediary for Paths of Power) is the archangel of mysteries and secrets, so not too 'love and light' imo ("Raziel" means Mystery of God)

Last edited:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Adam Blackthorne thinks the Angels of Omnipotence are actually egregores (although he uses the term 'servitors' but 'egregores' is definitely what he meant) in his "Secret Angel Magic" where he combines these beings with other angels or genies to make them 'safe' but you could make the same egregore claim for every spirit that has ever been described, angel, demon, water sprite, whatever. Anyway, I probably shouldn't answer this thread as I have no experience whatsoever with those angels, I am just theorizing here.