• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Kathara Grid

Everyone's got one.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone here?
A system like kabalistic tree of life but with 12 spheres?
New earth?
New age?
Any information would be valuable
Thanks

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm largely skeptical of it, although I haven't looked into it deeply

1. Everywhere I've seen it talked about it says "this is the TRUE tree of life" and says that base 10 (decimal) mathematics and the trad tree of life is essentially a conspiracy theory to keep humanity fun ascending

This is a red flag - these are models of the universe, not literal physical objects. Neither of them are "true", they are just potentially powerful ways to help our limited brains understand reality. A serious thinker would say "my model is more useful for these reasons" - I'd believe it, 12 is a very elegant number to work with because of how it divides into so many divisions - but they wouldn't go "ALL OTHER MODELS ARE FAKE NEWS"

Also, we know the kabbalistic tree of life has had many different shapes with different numbers of sephiroth (not all base 10) - we can trace its gradual development across the centuries. It's not a conspiracy. And how is that the kathara grid came AFTER the kabbalistic one, if it's the "true" one?

2. I was never able to find the MEANING of the kathara grid. The sephiroth of the kabbala all have meanings and connections. They have other elements of the world mapped to them (planets, angels, etc). There are many many books describing at length how to interpret and use the sephiroth and the paths. I've never seen someone explain the spheres on the kathara grid.

What they explain is why it is mathematically superior to the kabbalistic tree of life in terms of its numbers and geometry. They seem to only be using it as a SHAPE rather than as a map, where each of the spheres represents other things.

What do the extra other spheres mean? If they're so important, why aren't they included even on extreeeemely long blog posts talking about the geometry?
Eg
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Eg: this link below is akin to a Wikipedia article, it seems to have very full coverage, but again, it doesn't say what any of the spheres or paths mean. It just goes on again about how it's better than the kabbalistic tree of life because 12 is a better number than 10. At some point surely they have to stop arguing for its use and actually tell us how to use it?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Those two links should give you a fair bit of info though
Post automatically merged:

Just to add a tiny bit to that rant: base 10 maths is common across many cultures because we have 10 fingers and we use them to count on. Base 10 maths is not outside of nature and it began very very early in human history.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
12? I've heard tell of the typical ten, seen a version with nine, practice with one of seven. I've also seen roots in the air above and below. I'm starting to suspect there are enough One and Only Genuine Original Trees of Life to replant every Black Forest bare patch from Freiburg to Karlsruhe and halfways back to Basel.