• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Kinesic Magic: Channeling Energy with Postures & Gestures

Talk about a book(s)

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I had been wanted to include more movement and embodiment in my rituals, and so I practised all the postures in Kinesic Magic to see how they felt, and printed out a cheat sheet, so I could add them in when I'm writing or adapting rituals.

I really valued it for that because it's doing something quite different from many other books and can be integrated with your existing practice.

I didn't run through and memorise them all in the pairs and sequences he suggests, or use it as a standalone system (I'm kinda skeptical it could be used as a standalone system, but I'm pretty sure the book does say it's a "complete" magic system - regardless, I got value out of it.)

whatever0935

Neophyte
Reaction score
I had been wanted to include more movement and embodiment in my rituals, and so I practised all the postures in Kinesic Magic to see how they felt, and printed out a cheat sheet, so I could add them in when I'm writing or adapting rituals.

I really valued it for that because it's doing something quite different from many other books and can be integrated with your existing practice.

I didn't run through and memorise them all in the pairs and sequences he suggests, or use it as a standalone system (I'm kinda skeptical it could be used as a standalone system, but I'm pretty sure the book does say it's a "complete" magic system - regardless, I got value out of it.)
I think people who don't have the luxury of a private space or the money to buy magical tools will love this book. I treat all the positions as exercises and really enjoy it. I can feel a subtle energy, although it's not as strong as in practices like the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP) or Middle Pillar (MP).

I love the author's idea of how to practice the art when we are in prison.