• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Life is a sandwich

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes I like to go to a circle k and buy myself one of those little deli sandwiches from the cold section. And I'd start to ponder life as I take my first savory bite of it. I notice how simple yet complicated the sandwich is. Kind of like life. All of the different layers and ingredients and yet it is so simple too when you begin to stop thinking about it.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Meaningless post. Belongs in lounge or journal.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes I like to go to a circle k and buy myself one of those little deli sandwiches from the cold section. And I'd start to ponder life as I take my first savory bite of it. I notice how simple yet complicated the sandwich is. Kind of like life. All of the different layers and ingredients and yet it is so simple too when you begin to stop thinking about it.
Sounds like the beginning of a pick-up line in a deli. "...and you, my little chickadee, are the Grey Poupon in the great Reuben of Life."

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
And just like life, the sandwich was designed to be eaten one handed whilst gambling :D
Sadly, a fair number of sybarite satraps eat the sandwich one-handed while swilling beer with the other.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
3-Month Ban: Trolling.
go eat the local thai mayo ass cracker

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Sadly, a fair number of sybarite satraps eat the sandwich one-handed while swilling beer with the other.
I don't know if this applies to you but I definitely love myself a good chicken salad sandwich and a cold Shiner.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Of course life is a sandwich - life is sweet and sour, just like a good Tway Da Bae's Sweet and Sour Sandwich 😀

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
you know even though outdoorsy sand witches are good, one should learn to make one for themselves. the enjoyment of ones labor makes it even more yummy.
my ultimate favorite is fresh whole grain bread with cheese, tomatoes, mayo, salt and pepper.

better then a birthday cake anytime...

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
you know even though outdoorsy sand witches are good, one should learn to make one for themselves. the enjoyment of ones labor makes it even more yummy.
my ultimate favorite is fresh whole grain bread with cheese, tomatoes, mayo, salt and pepper.

better then a birthday cake anytime...
You have independently discovered the secret of veggie sandwiches: with lettuce, tomato, good bread, and snazzy condiments one never notices the meat is missing. Plus, on the philosophical side, this bears out HoldAll's motto, "No one can fool you like yourself." If a little self-deception is the price of saving porcine lives, so be it.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone remember the lawsuit about a decade back? It turns out that Subway's "foot-long" sandwiches were actually 11-inches long? A class action suit drug out for several years before Subway caved in and let customers take an inch. The case bristles with philosophical ramifications like a North Woods malemute pup does porcupine quills. First of all, expect to get cheated a bit. Second, at the base of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is not food, not air, not water, no not even Wi-Fi. At pyramid's base is a good lawyer. Third, the hero of this piece, Stephen DeNittis, is the kind of guy who measures his sandwiches instead of eating them. One wonders whether he sets up a laser inferometer in front of his big-screen just to make sure Amazon Prime isn't cheating him on his movie's speed-of-light. In a word, victory goeth not to the strong but to the assiduously anal. Doubtless the gentle reader can elicit further gems to ponder. Like pastrami, meaning can never be sliced too thinly.

Last edited:

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You have independently discovered the secret of veggie sandwiches: with lettuce, tomato, good bread, and snazzy condiments one never notices the meat is missing. Plus, on the philosophical side, this bears out HoldAll's motto, "No one can fool you like yourself." If a little self-deception is the price of saving porcine lives, so be it.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone remember the lawsuit about a decade back? It turns out that Subway's "foot-long" sandwiches were actually 11-inches long? A class action suit drug out for several years before Subway caved in and let customers take an inch. The case bristles with philosophical ramifications like a North Woods malemute pup does porcupine quills. First of all, expect to get cheated a bit. Second, at the base of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is not food, not air, not water, no not even Wi-Fi. At pyramid's base is a good lawyer. Third, the hero of this piece, Stephen DeNittis, is the kind of guy who measures his sandwiches instead of eating them. One wonders whether he sets up a laser inferometer in front of his big-screen just to make sure Amazon Prime isn't cheating him on his movie's speed-of-light. In a word, victory goeth not to the strong but to the assiduously anal. Doubtless the gentle reader can elicit further gems to ponder. Like pastrami, meaning can never be sliced too thinly.
I have to make a slight correction about the subway thing. They only become 11 inches when you toast them because they shrink in the oven.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have to make a slight correction about the subway thing. They only become 11 inches when you toast them because they shrink in the oven.
Did Subway try that defense? I seem to recall they lost the class-action. OK, let me think...

Got it: the philosophical significance of that shrinkage---"If one shrinks when the heat is on, the Judge will show no sympathy." See life IS like a sandwich right down to the last crumb.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Did Subway try that defense? I seem to recall they lost the class-action. OK, let me think...

Got it: the philosophical significance of that shrinkage---"If one shrinks when the heat is on, the Judge will show no sympathy." See life IS like a sandwich right down to the last crumb.
Quite true, quite true

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In order to have a sandwich one needs to go out, buy some flowers, find a cow and pull her tiet, put a bit together and let it rot. Go home cry over what you did and put the tears in a cup.

After about 3 days one can start mixing and get ones hands dirty. We are making buns, so find the bunny and cut his ears. Its not easter its wester and we put buns in an oven not an egg. Do'h

For cheese you need to shake the cow firmly and when you do that often enough it will shit wheels.

One could kill the cow for meat, but then the above would fail, so find a bull and make them multiply. THEN we can have a feast...

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
No worries @Vandheer a manwitch is just a bun with eels. The eel is a very old animal. They are landfish and slimy. So we make a soft fish jerky out of them. Good for traveling folk and very tasty on a bun. Its a very fat fish, so dont eat too much or you get sick. As i said cheese is the way.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes I like to go to a circle k and buy myself one of those little deli sandwiches from the cold section. And I'd start to ponder life as I take my first savory bite of it.

:sneaky:o_O Mayo? Mustard? Condiments? I need to know.

I notice how simple yet complicated the sandwich is. Kind of like life. All of the different layers and ingredients and yet it is so simple too when you begin to stop thinking about it.

😳🤯☺️

... nevermind