• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Lime In the Coconut

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Harry Nilsson sang about how you put the lime in the coconut an' drink it all up. So I tried it: 1/4 lime juice; 3/4 cocunut. Tastes like perfumed pee from some tree-swingin' simmian. Probably needs to be reinforced with a liberal shot glass of Bacardi. Preferably Bacardi 151.

Reaction score
Awards
I'd recommend adding some coconut milk and pineapple juice, and smoke the eighth of coconut or weed along with the drink.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Harry Nilsson sang about how you put the lime in the coconut an' drink it all up. So I tried it: 1/4 lime juice; 3/4 cocunut. Tastes like perfumed pee from some tree-swingin' simmian. Probably needs to be reinforced with a liberal shot glass of Bacardi. Preferably Bacardi 151.
Sounds like you made the same mistake as the woman in the song :)

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Sounds like you made the same mistake as the woman in the song :)
WARNING: Your post is not helpful to the thread. You should tell OP is there something he can take, I say, is there something he can take to relieve lime-induced bellyache?

Moongarm71

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Put the lime in your coconut, and call me in the morning?

Moongarm71

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Dang, you're right. I was using it as a suppository this whole time!

Moongarm71

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Post automatically merged:

15242138.jpg

Last edited:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
My guess is it's meant to be a pina colada with lime instead of pineapple. But lime juice is much less sweet than pineapple, so I'd probably use 50/50 fresh lime and Rose's Lime Juice (the trad lime syrup, used in gimlets)

Alternatively, just Malibu (coconut rum) with some fresh lime. Or like, half-Malibu, half white rum, cause Malibu has the opposite sweetness problem.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I guess we all could skip to the chase and just do shots of Bacardi 151, but that really doesn't belong in a thread devoted to "recipes."

Your post did get me to thinking if rum, coconut milk and pineapple juice would be an ok drink. Maybe a bit heavy. It might be ok, if one added, say, 50% club soda. That and banned sticking them cutesy umbrellas in the glass.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I guess we all could skip to the chase and just do shots of Bacardi 151, but that really doesn't belong in a thread devoted to "recipes."

Your post did get me to thinking if rum, coconut milk and pineapple juice would be an ok drink. Maybe a bit heavy. It might be ok, if one added, say, 50% club soda. That and banned sticking them cutesy umbrellas in the glass.
If you put something, Anything IN the rum that's a Recipe! :cool:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Churchill opined the Royal Navy had been run on, "Rum, buggery, and the lash." I guess that's a recipe of sorts. Call it the Empire cocktail.