• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Logging rituals that work (or don't)

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
A logbook has been recommended to me by Rocco for Alchemy purposes, but what general items or categories do you include in your diary of rituals?

In the past I would include certain categories like sleep, dreams, diet, current transits as they all affect the mood of the practitioner.

Let's stick to low Magick on this, in particular candle rituals.
What might we record?
I can think of:
Any draft in the room
Temperature and humidity of the room
Color of the candle
Any oils or incense used
Thoughts during meditation post ritual.

What else can I include?
The reason I ask is that I want to publish, but I also want to make one particular ritual done enough to guarantee the same result.

Thanks in advance....

heavysm

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I have included details such as thoughts and different ritual ideas, that I have already covered and touched upon. If a ritual was far too subtle or weak I might just do that idea or ritual again, or recover that topic with a different god form, spirit - or use entirely different ritual approach.

This can be good to ensure that you have the proper and right approach to your rituals over time. I have done a record book, and general notes of my magick in general, to help cover the topics that I need over time.

The other reason I have recorded my entries over time is to add to my rituals, and advance my ritual ideas so that I am aiming at bigger and higher goals over time. This has helped me create a record book and time line of my ritual journal entries over time. But making sure you count and cover all note worthy topics for your rituals over time is a huge requirement to entire that we know our magick and general ritual results are covered, and that our general sorcery rituals have become more effective over time.

Hazel

Neophyte
Reaction score
Size and shape of candle, burn time, conditions outside the room (weather, ambient noise), time of day, moon phase, idk if you anoint your candles or carve sigils into them or move them as part of the ritual.

Reaction score
Awards
I usually oil the candles, sometimes etch then with a pin. Great points all!