• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Looking for ritual suggestions

Someone's asking for help!

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So, there is a lack of ritual work/training in my current practice, which is mostly meditation for concentration/visualisation and contemplation for soul mirrors atm.

The kind of work that bores one to death, and unrewarding until you get to the finish line.

What could you suggest to me?

1 - I have done a lot of Golden Dawn rituals in the past, varying from LBRP to Bornless (wasn't this version, it was the Headless rite from DigitalAmbler). I don't want to go that path again.

2 - Just finished Master Protection Ritual.

3 - It could be spellwork too. Doesn't have to be strictly rituals.

4 - Not looking for a one and done ritual, more of a workout-like one.

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Awards
I vote for Liber Israfel I believe it's called, otherwise known as the Invocation of Thoth.
Bonus to use Godforms of Thoth during invocation, maybe obtain or make an ankh and wand of double power.
Try it for thirty days.
Post automatically merged:

Or ... Perhaps control of and use of the elements, try say for a month? Practical Elemental Magic is in the library I think.

Last edited:

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I vote for Liber Israfel I believe it's called, otherwise known as the Invocation of Thoth.
Bonus to use Godforms of Thoth during invocation, maybe obtain or make an ankh and wand of double power.
Try it for thirty days.
Lmao you somehow bypassed the no Golden Dawn rule by suggesting a Thelemic paper, why should I do this ritual though?

Or ... Perhaps control of and use of the elements, try say for a month? Practical Elemental Magic is in the library I think.
You do realize I practice Initiation Into Hermetics right?

Reaction score
Awards
Well. Two off the top of my head.
Thoth invocation can be empowering.
I should take my own advice here.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
If you're interested in Norse or pagan currents I've got some suggestions. There's the Hammer Rite. Short and sweet, very similar to the LBRP. I recall something in a book I read last year called the Tabula Rasa, a very in-depth banishing ritual if memory serves, but I can't find where it came from. I'll do some digging this weekend and let you know if it comes up. There are quite a few rituals out there that utilize runes and Norse mythology.

Beside those, runes themselves offer a ton of practical opportunities. Start by carving your own set, which requires a number of rituals on its own. That was one of the most rewarding things I did in my own practice - not least because I now have a handy tool set for divination that I find a little easier to interpret than tarot.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'll do some digging this weekend and let you know if it comes up. There are quite a few rituals out there that utilize runes and Norse mythology.
Appreciate that!

Beside those, runes themselves offer a ton of practical opportunities. Start by carving your own set, which requires a number of rituals on its own
Could indeed be interesting, maybe I may even carve the old Turkic runes 🤔

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
So, there is a lack of ritual work/training in my current practice, which is mostly meditation for concentration/visualisation and contemplation for soul mirrors atm.

The kind of work that bores one to death, and unrewarding until you get to the finish line.

1 - I have done a lot of Golden Dawn rituals in the past, varying from LBRP to Bornless (wasn't this version, it was the Headless rite from DigitalAmbler). I don't want to go that path again.

Thank you in advance!
What goals are you wanting to achieve from doing the practices? Are you invested in, or repulsed by, any particular worldview or system?

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What goals are you wanting to achieve from doing the practices? Are you invested in, or repulsed by, any particular worldview or system?
I would say my interests at the moment are closer to Hellenistic Egyptian, staying away from 20th century mix-mash ritual types as much as possible, namely Golden Dawn.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
You could search DigitalAmbler's blog for more PGM rituals, he has plenty of them, maybe one day do the Mithras Liturgy if you want to test your stamina. There is also "Thunder - The Perfect Mind", see @Pyrokar's endorsement (that Gnostic poem is really something!):

Book – PDF - Thunder The Perfect Mind! A new Translation - Hal Taussig etc.

As far as the exercise effect is concerned, I would want to try my hand with rituals that require paraphernelia soon because I can easily imagine myself knocking over candles, tripping over the carpet while doing circumambulations, heaping to much incense on the burner, forgetting the oil or the chalice, etc., basically some multi-tasking while hopefully flawlessly reciting the required lines. I dream of crafting my own Yesod ritual one day but it's not even in the planning stage yet, something more streamlined and customized than the baroque GD stuff.

So basically implements in addition to words and sigils but apart from that, I have no specific suggestions, sorry.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Thank you in advance!
good luck

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Thank you in advance!
Look man, I can help you. But you have to be a more respectful person you understand? You cannot going around calling me whatever you want. The same for the rest.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Look man, I can help you. But you have to be a more respectful person you understand? You cannot going around calling me whatever you want. The same for the rest.
images

Reaction score
Awards
Check out Frater S on WordPress. It is more Qabalistic and planetary magic based.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
HE LIVES UP TO HIS NAME

nah my ninja if you didn't see thunder check it out 100% certified dojo classic

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
HE LIVES UP TO HIS NAME

nah my ninja if you didn't see thunder check it out 100% certified dojo classic
Its a document from Nag Hammadi? Oh dude now I am mega-interested in this.

I am she whose wedding is extravagant and I didn’t have a husband
I am the midwife and she who hasn’t given birth
I am the comfort of my labor pains ….
I am the slavewoman of him who served me
I am she, the lord of my child …
Do not stare at me in the shit pile, leaving me discarded
You will fi nd me in the kingdoms ….
Because I am a barbarian among barbarians …
I am she who they call law
And you all called lawlessness ….
I am she who is revered and adored
And she who is reviled with contempt
I am peace and war exists because of me
I am a foreigner and a citizen of the city
I am being
I am she who is nothing

This sounds very Headless rite-like. Fingers crossed for this one.

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Warned: Off-topic
Dog Hello GIF
I SUGGEST YOU GET A FAMILIAR! These kind of dogs are very protective. They bark at everything they see no matter what, if there is a lion, he will be there barking always