• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Lucid dream or astral travel?

Raquel

Neophyte
Joined
May 10, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
13
Hi, I wanted to ask if you know how to tell the difference between a lucid dream and astral travel.

Recently, someone told me that an experience I thought was a lucid dream might not actually have been one. In the dream, the person was in their own house, although everything looked different: there was a lot of light and, overall, the atmosphere felt unusually bright.

I was told that it might not have been a lucid dream precisely because everything was happening in the same place where the person was actually sleeping.

Do you know if this is really a criterion for distinguishing a lucid dream from astral travel? What characteristics do you look at to tell them apart?
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
450
Reaction score
397
Awards
5
There is a number of things people call "astral travel", many of which I find indistinguishable from lucid dreams.
 
Top