• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Luciferianism: a religion, or Occult practice

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What do you think guys, and Gals, is Luciferianism a religion, or an Occult Practice? I feel that Luciferianism is not a religion per se, it is more of a practice for Magick. But, I could be wrong.l

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It may depend on which entity is currently being targeted by the name Lucifer.

The origin of the name is Latin meaning Light Bearer - referring to the planet Venus.

The Greek name for Venus was Phosphorus - also meaning light bearer.

The lower inner planes often seem like the internet - not a lot of real names being used. The best sort of names are place-function as they can sometimes be used to identify a relatively unique intelligence e.g. Earth Logos

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Because there are as many forms of it as there are Luciferians it's impossible to say.
What I think it is (very likely) is absolutely not what another thinks of it.
To me yes he is a Lightbringer, meaning that darkness is expelled.
Religion to me is about worshipping an entity - this is not what I do. I do not prostrate myself for Lucifer. I do not pray to him, i do not cut my finger to smear blood on his seal and all that.
Lucifer is the inner light and (to me) the same as how many think of Jesus - a part of who I am.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Because there are as many forms of it as there are Luciferians it's impossible to say.
What I think it is (very likely) is absolutely not what another thinks of it.
To me yes he is a Lightbringer, meaning that darkness is expelled.
Religion to me is about worshipping an entity - this is not what I do. I do not prostrate myself for Lucifer. I do not pray to him, i do not cut my finger to smear blood on his seal and all that.
Lucifer is the inner light and (to me) the same as how many think of Jesus - a part of who I am.
Yes.. that's exactly right! I don't think that I worshipped Him/Her. Yes Lucifer is a Woman in my view. Anyway, I don't worship Him/Her, I just show respect and Love, to me Lucifer is a Great Spiritual Being. And, He/She does not ask for much, and not even blood. We just spark conversations, and I admire Lucifer for His/Hers descentcy. Thanks for responding Yazata!

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It's generally considered a philosophy. I don't know what magical practice is being referred to.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's generally considered a philosophy. I don't know what magical practice is being referred to.
A lot of people see Lucifer as a symbol rather than a Spiritual Being. That's fine in my opinion, we each have different meaning of what actually Lucifer represents for us all. Great!

Jastiv

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm not a Luciferian. For some reason we don't really vibe. Typically I think of occultists who feel a certain closeness with him for some reason. His seal is in the Grimoirum Verum, and he has different aspects.

Reaction score
Awards
I think Luciferianism is moreso an occult practice, much like Theistic or non theistic Satanism, rather than a religion. There may be a religion behind it, but much like Theistic Satanism has a minuscule percentage of followers, compared to counts of the Common World Religions.

Also, I noticed a lot more Luciferians came out into the open after the show Lucifer was ongoing. It is also a bit of a fad in this regard, and the vast number of people claiming to have romantic relationships with Lucifer.

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
I have seen it mostly as a religion or philosophy, serving effectively as a subsect of Satanism. The figure of Lucifer stands for enlightenment (the serpent in the Garden of Eden), whereas Satan stands more for aspects of carnality and rebellion (the head angel who rebelled). Those that see Lucifer as a deity or spirit treat it as a religion, whereas those that see Lucifer as a symbol or archetype treat it as a philosophy.

Some of the religious Luciferians are involved in the occult, but I have never really seen an organized occult movement to Lucifer the way there is to (for example) Set in the Temple of Set.

Just my experience.

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
Also, I noticed a lot more Luciferians came out into the open after the show Lucifer was ongoing. It is also a bit of a fad in this regard, and the vast number of people claiming to have romantic relationships with Lucifer.

Yep. Same thing happened to Loki after Tom Hiddleston started portraying him on the big screen.

Reaction score
Awards
What do you think guys, and Gals, is Luciferianism a religion, or an Occult Practice? I feel that Luciferianism is not a religion per se, it is more of a practice for Magick. But, I could be wrong.l
Occult Practice. I dont know any religion that require one to openly blaspheme another. Not saying blasphemy doesn't exist.
Plus there are no real rites for Luciferianism as a religion. Where are Marriage and Funerary rites? What about baptismal?
Cicrcumcision/Bris? What about pastoral counselors? Ive not met one Lucifeiran personally irl that I would put my trust in, let alone in an evangelist or counselor meetup.

Reaction score
Awards
It may depend on which entity is currently being targeted by the name Lucifer.

The origin of the name is Latin meaning Light Bearer - referring to the planet Venus.

The Greek name for Venus was Phosphorus - also meaning light bearer.

The lower inner planes often seem like the internet - not a lot of real names being used. The best sort of names are place-function as they can sometimes be used to identify a relatively unique intelligence e.g. Earth Logos
Ive actually wondered if unanswered prayers to Jesus, seriously here, are because of this last century's fad of naming each boy ion their family Jesus or Christian. What if this is an egregore of children that we are praying to?

Reaction score
Awards
Plus, if he really wants to bear the light, you'd think wed find an updated Bible handed out by the equivalent of Gideon service members.

Reaction score
Awards
Religion tends to cover all areas of life, and sometimes just friends can be just as effective in some acts as clergy, for example, mutual prayer, fellowship, listening and advising, scripture study, helping each other out.

No offense to any Luciferians here, btw, but most Ive come across seem very self-enclosed. How would I fellowship with a mannequin?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I found a pdf copy of Lucifer and the Hidden Demons by Theodore Rose among the interwebs. I'm strongly considering the purchase of the Kindle version at this point while reading the pdf I found. Of course, the author says that his point of view will be controversial. I do have a question about egregores, however, based on something he wrote:

"When people use false magick [as defined by the author] to contact great spirits, such as Lucifer, what they get is at best a splinter of the original, a fragment channeled through an egregore. It may feel like Lucifer, and it may give you a strong sense of its reality. Egregores, once formed, want nothing more than your belief, because that is what sustains them, and so they offer sensations of supernatural contact. This does not mean they have the power to grant the wishes requested of them.​
"I find that people who connect with these egregores of the great demons become overly fascinated by them, too deeply attached, and before long they are worshipping them with love, feeding the egregore and obtaining little in return. ..."​
The egregore as described sounds quite parasitical. So, in general, if one seems to be susceptible to having a lot of "feelings" during their magical workings, yet lacks results of any significant and provable nature, then quite possibly the magician has been deceived by a parasitical egregore? Personally, I seem to be dense as a rock when it comes to having feelings at this stage in my development, but I'm also not prone to strong emotions anyway.