• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Lucifuge evocation methods

neo8785

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 16, 2022
Messages
41
Reaction score
40
Awards
1
Hello, I am interested in exploring both ceremonial and simpler methods for evoking Lucifuge. I have been receiving signs in my dreams, but the entity feels very elusive—flickering in and out of presence without providing clear signals. I attempted to call upon him years ago, but a strange incident occurred where objects were knocked off the table, and I haven't felt the entity's presence since then. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
112
Awards
1
I'll tell you right now, don't. Any of the quacks out there who have summoned him for any good reasons, go ask them how much they have in their bank account, what their social life is like, what hobbies they are into, what affluence or influence they have in the world, etc.. When you find a single person that can show for great success, come back to me with the name of that person and some way to verify an semblance of the truth and I will teach you everything about summoning this demon.

THe point I'm trying to make is.. It's nonsense. This was a fictional demon created by a grimoire with no real value besides its intersting reads, by a man who used pseudoynms so we will never know his real name.. There was a point in time these type of fictional works were all the rage.. You have to understand how much bullshit comes out of these times.. Its quite ridiculous-- but very entertaining/interesting to read about.

If you want to raise some hairs on your skin, go for it.. but do it in a abandoned building, or an abandoned courtyard or isolated place like a desert, do it late at night.. have fun with it.. Most of what evocation and invocation of spirits is, is self hypnosis to impart a powerful subconcious effect on your mind. The spell is all broken when you realize its all nonsense after years of practicing and become adept at evocation.. and develop a razor sharp level of clarity of what is and what isn't and learn to see things as they truly are.. rather than the mystical nonsense that most practitioners convince themselves of.
Post automatically merged:

While there are real demons that come out of some of these grimoires, alot of trial and error and becoming efficient at the magickal systems used to conjur these beings brings a long process of finding out for yourself usually.

However, a bigger thing I want to get across is this: When you open a certain sphere of influence, it's like a portal.. why care what spirit you are reaching at that point when there are billions/trillions of them floating around in the different layers of our existence.. You want to embody the influence and create a space of that sphere of what type of entity you want to reach out to.. and then just call out to the spirits.. one will listen and connect.. as long as you properly prepared its space.. They will sit and talk, but if they are qlippothic, they'll certainly try to mess with you or mess with your life to test what kind of person you are.. They have no interest in humans other than hate., jealousy and envy..

Thats why I work with angelic beings/neutral spirits.. Though that was after a very long time of working with malevolent ones lol
 
Last edited:

Angelkesfarl

Disciple
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Messages
602
Reaction score
619
Awards
9
Thats why I work with angelic beings/neutral spirits.. Though that was after a very long time of working with malevolent ones lol
You are not joking, man; you are not joking. You are truly an experienced practitioner and an evocator; I can recognize one of them from a single word.
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
112
Awards
1
You are not joking, man; you are not joking. You are truly an experienced practitioner and an evocator; I can recognize one of them from a single word.
I appreciate that.. but with that being said, there are some really interesting REAL spirits that are apart of some of these grimoires that can be quite powerful and effective to work with, but also at times challenging or dangerous to work with. I spent alot of time figuring out which ones are real and which ones aren't.. With that comes almost a feeling or sense of responsibility or obligation to help others out.

Make no mistake that even with spirits that are not real or active spirits-- there can still be a profound effect from doing a thorough and divisive ritual evocation and petition towards.. it all depends on how entrancing the work is and how much you believe in it. However, myself, if I am working with spirits and taking the time to conjur them and all the effective measures of protection and incantation-- I want to make sure I am dealing with an active spirit -- that way I have no doubt that the work will be effective.
 

Angelkesfarl

Disciple
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Messages
602
Reaction score
619
Awards
9
I appreciate that.. but with that being said, there are some really interesting REAL spirits that are apart of some of these grimoires that can be quite powerful and effective to work with, but also at times challenging or dangerous to work with. I spent alot of time figuring out which ones are real and which ones aren't.. With that comes almost a feeling or sense of responsibility or obligation to help others out.

Make no mistake that even with spirits that are not real or active spirits-- there can still be a profound effect from doing a thorough and divisive ritual evocation and petition towards.. it all depends on how entrancing the work is and how much you believe in it. However, myself, if I am working with spirits and taking the time to conjur them and all the effective measures of protection and incantation-- I want to make sure I am dealing with an active spirit -- that way I have no doubt that the work will be effective.
This is the point: We are not here to waste our lives on psychological and mental matters and baseless assumptions—but rather on invocations of real entities, actual names, talismans, and incantations that have a genuine effect, not to sit on the couch and wish for something to happen through mental magic, or the hollow repetition of a creature’s name taken out of context, or mental concentration to communicate with—which, in my opinion, is 90% utter nonsense. True knowledge is what you have graciously mentioned: what those who have experimented have tried and found to be effective; the rest is pure nonsense.
 

Mage

Apprentice
Joined
Jan 24, 2022
Messages
50
Reaction score
28
I'll tell you right now, don't. Any of the quacks out there who have summoned him for any good reasons, go ask them how much they have in their bank account, what their social life is like, what hobbies they are into, what affluence or influence they have in the world, etc.. When you find a single person that can show for great success, come back to me with the name of that person and some way to verify an semblance of the truth and I will teach you everything about summoning this demon.

THe point I'm trying to make is.. It's nonsense. This was a fictional demon created by a grimoire with no real value besides its intersting reads, by a man who used pseudoynms so we will never know his real name.. There was a point in time these type of fictional works were all the rage.. You have to understand how much bullshit comes out of these times.. Its quite ridiculous-- but very entertaining/interesting to read about.

If you want to raise some hairs on your skin, go for it.. but do it in a abandoned building, or an abandoned courtyard or isolated place like a desert, do it late at night.. have fun with it.. Most of what evocation and invocation of spirits is, is self hypnosis to impart a powerful subconcious effect on your mind. The spell is all broken when you realize its all nonsense after years of practicing and become adept at evocation.. and develop a razor sharp level of clarity of what is and what isn't and learn to see things as they truly are.. rather than the mystical nonsense that most practitioners convince themselves of.
Post automatically merged:

While there are real demons that come out of some of these grimoires, alot of trial and error and becoming efficient at the magickal systems used to conjur these beings brings a long process of finding out for yourself usually.

However, a bigger thing I want to get across is this: When you open a certain sphere of influence, it's like a portal.. why care what spirit you are reaching at that point when there are billions/trillions of them floating around in the different layers of our existence.. You want to embody the influence and create a space of that sphere of what type of entity you want to reach out to.. and then just call out to the spirits.. one will listen and connect.. as long as you properly prepared its space.. They will sit and talk, but if they are qlippothic, they'll certainly try to mess with you or mess with your life to test what kind of person you are.. They have no interest in humans other than hate., jealousy and envy..

Thats why I work with angelic beings/neutral spirits.. Though that was after a very long time of working with malevolent ones lol


If lucifuge is a fake spirit then are people life this working with him lying?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
112
Awards
1
If lucifuge is a fake spirit then are people life this working with him lying?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
It's a form of self hypnosis or auto suggestion. Most believe that even the fictional demons from grimoires (not all are fictional) have an affect on your own mental wiring and subconcious mind. They believe they act as wireframes or thoughtforms that have a powerful effect.

Infact, most of what working with magick is self hypnosis.. Through ritual you are hypnotizing yourself to belive that a desired outcome is going to come true. In the hypnotic trance, is where the mind is most powerful as the suggestions/intention surpasses the conscious brain aka the limited world into the 99%, the limitless world.. The "spiritual" realm.. Where all consciousness exists collectively.. pure consciousness, not day to day consciousness but limitless consciousness.. before thoughts and material things manifest..
Post automatically merged:

To understand how fictional Lucifuge rofocale is, you have to understand the origins and widespread popularity of Grimoires. The majority of grimoires where we get these mostly fictional demons from are based in 17th-18th century writing, .. Lucifuge Rofocale was from a book known as Le Dragon Rogue or the Grand Grimoire.. by a dude who was basically some quacky fictional writer-- so mcuh so he used a pseudonym to sound more cool and mysterious. He was not known for any scholarly works or occult studies.. He was just a creative writer.. and this was int he 18th century.. So a very recent grimoire. The demon has no origin or history in ancient religious manuscrripts like alot of the more "real" demons you find in some grimoires.


A lot of these grimoires falsely attributed these false demons to Kign Solomon. Why? BEcause at some point and time before the 14th and 15th century, alot of creative writers and nerds were studying Islamic literature. The idea tht king solomon was a magician who bound demons comes from Islamic writings.. not from Christianity. There are some very loose mentions of magick related to Solomon in old Greek texts, but nothing about summoning or binding demons.. That is all Islamic once again. The Europeans found fascination in these Islamic literature and studies of Islamic occult and even Ancient Egyptian studies.. and they comprised books that appealed to nerdy occult fanatics..

In short, you couldn't find a more false demon than Lucifuge Rofocole.. To adept praciticioners of demonic evocation, when people mention false demons like this, it gives us a great chuckle :) But, magick is subjective.. so if it has an affect on the practicioner, so be it.
 
Last edited:

The Wizard Tim

Apprentice
Vendor
Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
32
It's a form of self hypnosis or auto suggestion. Most believe that even the fictional demons from grimoires (not all are fictional) have an affect on your own mental wiring and subconcious mind. They believe they act as wireframes or thoughtforms that have a powerful effect.

Infact, most of what working with magick is self hypnosis.. Through ritual you are hypnotizing yourself to belive that a desired outcome is going to come true. In the hypnotic trance, is where the mind is most powerful as the suggestions/intention surpasses the conscious brain aka the limited world into the 99%, the limitless world.. The "spiritual" realm.. Where all consciousness exists collectively.. pure consciousness, not day to day consciousness but limitless consciousness.. before thoughts and material things manifest..
I would disagree. Not all magickal workings or ritual workings are self hypnosis. If one is working under the psychological model, then sure self hypnosis would apply. If one is conducting magickal workings and rituals under the resonance model of magick then the correspondences, times, dates, and other details used my the magician in their ritual and working are designed to have an affect on the world around the magician. Check out the paper written by Nicholas Kingsley titled - Resonant Magick, mathematical equations have been developed and proposed in this paper to demonstrate how to measure and how to identify these affects through the resonant model of magick.
 

Faria

Acolyte
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
305
Reaction score
609
Awards
5
Lucifuge Rofocale was from a book known as Le Dragon Rogue or the Grand Grimoire.. by a dude who was basically some quacky fictional writer
The Red Dragon grimoire gives an example of the spirit interaction when summoned. The operant goes to a ruined chateau, and (according to the illustrations) locates a tomb where riches are concealed. The spirit Lucifuge gives the name "Rofocale" as the name to be used when summoning it in the future. The magician is expected to uncover the treasure, then return one gold coin every month, failing which the spirit will immediately kill you.

Theory: "Rofocale" is actually Cardinal Rochefoucauld, and the treasure is loot from before the French Revolution. Nobody ever did figure out where Napoleon got all his startup funds.

Could you suggest a citation for evidence that the Red Dragon author is known elsewhere as a fiction author?
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
112
Awards
1
I would disagree. Not all magickal workings or ritual workings are self hypnosis. If one is working under the psychological model, then sure self hypnosis would apply. If one is conducting magickal workings and rituals under the resonance model of magick then the correspondences, times, dates, and other details used my the magician in their ritual and working are designed to have an affect on the world around the magician. Check out the paper written by Nicholas Kingsley titled - Resonant Magick, mathematical equations have been developed and proposed in this paper to demonstrate how to measure and how to identify these affects through the resonant model of magick.

Think about this for a second: Our entire conception of reality is based on our subconscious mind and all the information we have gathered since our birth, and even sometimes before our birth in this physical vessel. Everything we experience is interpreted through this internal framework. This includes our understanding of spirituality, our perception of supernatural encounters, and the meaning we attribute to ritual experiences. Self hypnosis is just how our brain receives information/suggestion from the external and transcribes it into our subsconcious mind where it becomes belief. The hypnosis part just comes from our brain being in a state that is highly suggestible and able to receive information in a different way than when we are in a beta (fully alert/wide awake) state.


Regardless, I'll check that out.


The Red Dragon grimoire gives an example of the spirit interaction when summoned. The operant goes to a ruined chateau, and (according to the illustrations) locates a tomb where riches are concealed. The spirit Lucifuge gives the name "Rofocale" as the name to be used when summoning it in the future. The magician is expected to uncover the treasure, then return one gold coin every month, failing which the spirit will immediately kill you.

Theory: "Rofocale" is actually Cardinal Rochefoucauld, and the treasure is loot from before the French Revolution. Nobody ever did figure out where Napoleon got all his startup funds.

Could you suggest a citation for evidence that the Red Dragon author is known elsewhere as a fiction author?
Yep, I mean that kind of instruction is typical of grimoires of that time..

As far as references, without putting my location out there, we have a big library in my state that has books and digital scans of old books you wouldn't find in typical libraries or anywhere online where I read some of the books that question authenticities of many of these popular grimoires.. . I just don't have the titles since this was close to 13-14 years ago but If I visit that same library any time soon, I'll remember to note down the references for you and send you a direct message.


One I know that is more readily available for you would be Melanie Papot-lIberal's academic study..It's probably the only modern study you can find that is written in the 21st century. I don't remember the exact title as it's written in French.. It's a modern study of the exact grimoire in question where she discusses the authenticity of the person and his pseudoynm as well as alternative pseudonyms of his that relate to other writings he's had. While this is not as reliable as some of the stuff I read that was scanned digitally that dates much older , ie early 19th century.

Furthermore, Lucifuge comes from the word's Lux and "to flee" it simply means to flee from the light. Many of the early demons were given names such as these-- which are not true names but based on adjectives, nouns or verbs that were derogatory in nature. and you seem to already know the theory about Dominique Rochefoucauld, so i'll save you the banter on that. That theory makes a lot of sense.

Nothing beats this though: mastering a system of evocation and practicing it for more than a decade-- and finding out for yourself how much of these grimoires are just loaded with fictional demons, and fictional creative writing.
 

The Wizard Tim

Apprentice
Vendor
Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
32
Think about this for a second: Our entire conception of reality is based on our subconscious mind and all the information we have gathered since our birth, and even sometimes before our birth in this physical vessel. Everything we experience is interpreted through this internal framework. This includes our understanding of spirituality, our perception of supernatural encounters, and the meaning we attribute to ritual experiences. Self hypnosis is just how our brain receives information/suggestion from the external and transcribes it into our subsconcious mind where it becomes belief. The hypnosis part just comes from our brain being in a state that is highly suggestible and able to receive information in a different way than when we are in a beta (fully alert/wide awake) state.

Regardless, I'll check that out.



Yep, I mean that kind of instruction is typical of grimoires of that time..

As far as references, without putting my location out there, we have a big library in my state that has books and digital scans of old books you wouldn't find in typical libraries or anywhere online where I read some of the books that question authenticities of many of these popular grimoires.. . I just don't have the titles since this was close to 13-14 years ago but If I visit that same library any time soon, I'll remember to note down the references for you and send you a direct message.


One I know that is more readily available for you would be Melanie Papot-lIberal's academic study..It's probably the only modern study you can find that is written in the 21st century. I don't remember the exact title as it's written in French.. It's a modern study of the exact grimoire in question where she discusses the authenticity of the person and his pseudoynm as well as alternative pseudonyms of his that relate to other writings he's had. While this is not as reliable as some of the stuff I read that was scanned digitally that dates much older , ie early 19th century.

Furthermore, Lucifuge comes from the word's Lux and "to flee" it simply means to flee from the light. Many of the early demons were given names such as these-- which are not true names but based on adjectives, nouns or verbs that were derogatory in nature. and you seem to already know the theory about Dominique Rochefoucauld, so i'll save you the banter on that. That theory makes a lot of sense.

Nothing beats this though: mastering a system of evocation and practicing it for more than a decade-- and finding out for yourself how much of these grimoires are just loaded with fictional demons, and fictional creative writing.
Greetings R4zorenigma,
One of my academic peers is from France, I will see if he can get a copy of Melanie Papot-Liberal's work, and if he will be willing to translate it for us, at least for me, my French is limited to asking how one is, and that's about it.
Post automatically merged:

Greetings R4zorenigma,
One of my academic peers is from France, I will see if he can get a copy of Melanie Papot-Liberal's work, and if he will be willing to translate it for us, at least for me, my French is limited to asking how one is, and that's about it.
Holy mackeral! She wrote a 154 page dissertation on discrediting Lucifugue! Hot dang!
 
Last edited:

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
112
Awards
1
Greetings R4zorenigma,
One of my academic peers is from France, I will see if he can get a copy of Melanie Papot-Liberal's work, and if he will be willing to translate it for us, at least for me, my French is limited to asking how one is, and that's about it.
Post automatically merged:


Holy mackeral! She wrote a 154 page dissertation on discrediting Lucifugue! Hot dang!
haha, yeah -- if you saw some of what I read from old scans -- One author in the early 19th century called The Grand Grimoire one of the most fantastical works of ceremonial magick.. In his book, he had examined many of the grimoires for legitimacy of their claims but completely discredited the Grand Grimoire as mostly nonsense.-- he had a lot of harsh words to say about the author and the writings.. He also had a lot to say about how Lucifuge lacked any context or reference at all in any historical manuscripts or qualified works before the Grand Grimoire and how many of the magical instructions were questionable at best and how there were many contradictions. I'm waiting on one of my friends to respond to me about who the author was since he's also aware of the texts.
Post automatically merged:

Ah, -- I got the authors name. It was Arthur Edward Waite, an occult scholar who extensively studied and wroe about western esotericism and occult. He greatly studied many of the most popular Grimoires as well as lesser known ones.. and had written a book called "The Book of Cerimonial Magic" where he critically examined a lot of the works-- including The Grand Grimoire.
 
Last edited:

Faria

Acolyte
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
305
Reaction score
609
Awards
5
One I know that is more readily available for you would be Melanie Papot-lIberal's academic study.

Thank you for this excellent reference. I have just read it, and I was unable to locate reference to the author being known elsewhere. Perhaps a more careful reading will turn up this information.

Anyone interedted in the Red Dragon... seriously.... go read this right now. There's a ton of interesting information about the history and content of this famous book.

I don't however find concrete information about the author. It is widely mentioned, some mid 1800s fictions, and then there's the whole "I wrote it in my own blood, please feed me and I'll teach you if you're clairvoyant, use the formula on page 15" thing written on the inside cover. The publication date is 75 years after the claimed/written date, and the author claimed in the text to have worked at it for 67 years, so maybe the earlier dates are correct. At any rate, thanks for this academic author's name!

you seem to already know the theory about Dominique Rochefoucauld, so i'll save you the banter on that. That theory makes a lot of sense.
As far as I was aware, I am the source of this idea. If not, it's nice to see others coming to the same thing.

and finding out for yourself how much of these grimoires are just loaded with fictional demons, and fictional creative writing.
Vedic gods are poetry. Homeric gods are poetry. Nordic gods are poetry. Most of the Bible is poetry. If you step out of your future-traveling time machine into a cathedral and the light is pouring in from the stained-glass synoptic Ninja Turtles, the people in the pews are still filled with the same types of devotion as when those windows had Gospel writers.
Post automatically merged:

I got the authors name. It was Arthur Edward Waite,
I have The Book of Ceremonial Magic word-for-word memorized. I'm quite familiar with a lot of his other works as well.

Waite is indeed highly critical of grimoires. I think he is mostly correct in his opinions, but he is more of a religious mystic than a magician.

Where he sees pretense and false authorship, he fails to see the grimoires as they were intended, as connections to deep mysteries when none else were available. We know, for example, that Le Poulet Noir is not ancient Egyptian or Arabic magic and that it's essentially made-up, but at the same time it has really earned its place in the world as a legitimate grimoire.
 
Last edited:

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
112
Awards
1
Thank you for this excellent reference. I have just read it, and I was unable to locate reference to the author being known elsewhere. Perhaps a more careful reading will turn up this information.

Anyone interedted in the Red Dragon... seriously.... go read this right now. There's a ton of interesting information about the history and content of this famous book.

I don't however find concrete information about the author. It is widely mentioned, some mid 1800s fictions, and then there's the whole "I wrote it in my own blood, please feed me and I'll teach you if you're clairvoyant, use the formula on page 15" thing written on the inside cover. The publication date is 75 years after the claimed/written date, and the author claimed in the text to have worked at it for 67 years, so maybe the earlier dates are correct. At any rate, thanks for this academic author's name!


As far as I was aware, I am the source of this idea. If not, it's nice to see others coming to the same thing.


Vedic gods are poetry. Homeric gods are poetry. Nordic gods are poetry. Most of the Bible is poetry. If you step out of your future-traveling time machine into a cathedral and the light is pouring in from the stained-glass synoptic Ninja Turtles, the people in the pews are still filled with the same types of devotion as when those windows had Gospel writers.
Post automatically merged:


I have The Book of Ceremonial Magic word-for-word memorized. I'm quite familiar with a lot of his other works as well.

Waite is indeed highly critical of grimoires. I think he is mostly correct in his opinions, but he is more of a religious mystic than a magician.

Where he sees pretense and false authorship, he fails to see the grimoires as they were intended, as connections to deep mysteries when none else were available. We know, for example, that Le Poulet Noir is not ancient Egyptian or Arabic magic and that it's essentially made-up, but at the same time it has really earned its place in the world as a legitimate grimoire.

Hey, no problem at all. And I'm glad to know that have the full book by Arthur Edward Waite. and yeah the Rochefoucauld reference makes a lot of sense. Interesting to find out that you may be the source of this idea. As far as Waite's ideas and criticism, I lean more towards being more critical of these things-- but it may just be because I have not relied on Grimoires for my information, and have not read many books on magick or evocation since I was mostly taught through tradition and hiearchy in the circles I was initiated in. However, I do want to eventually get around to reading some books that some of the folks on here revere.
 

Angelkesfarl

Disciple
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Messages
602
Reaction score
619
Awards
9
I own copies and collections—some of which are private and unique—containing 17,000 manuscripts on magic... And if I were to weigh them, I would tell you in all seriousness that their original content does not exceed four manuscripts; the rest consists of gestures, sections, and names of creatures—some of which have perished, while others have abandoned their rituals, diverged, and transformed. There are sections, incantations, compellings, talismans, and records that their followers have abandoned.
My words may seem unbelievable or incomprehensible, but this is the reality, and those in the know are aware of it. Not to mention those whose profession was writing and selling paper in earlier eras. They used to compose books merely to satisfy the lust and insatiable appetite of those seeking magic, both in the East and the West. And I was attacked when I said that most of these are symbolic names—any demon can deceive you. Do you know why? Because you are blind in a city of the sighted.
 
Top