• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magick Notebook creation?

marknoo

Visitor
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has created a magickal notebook like S. Connoly's Book of Agares but for a spirit not classified as a demon.
Could I make a notebook to Mercurial spirits/deities?
Thoth/Hermes/even Raphael by association with Mercury and Air are all connected to writing. Especially Thoth, but I am really thinking more of Hermes.
(I don't know about the God Mercury and writing but he definately was a communicator)

I know Damon Brand did something with Nitika and a notebook.

You can write petitions and create sigils for Mercury. Why not a magick notebook?
But nothing has been written on it. Meaning no one is doing it or maybe just no one is talking about it.
I read Taylor Ellwood's book, it is related but not quite what I am looking for. Does Aiden Wachter (probably misspelled the name) do any writing to entities other than the Norse weavers. I have not read his book so I am not familiar with it.

Does anyone know of anything that could get me started?

Solution
This may help:
Post automatically merged:

This also:

Odin can also be thought of as Mercurial, but Thoth and Hermes are definitely Mercurial. If dedicating to Thoth, perhaps find hieroglyphs for writing, Magick and protection and do some artwork on your ritual book.

Wednesday would be your day to create and consecrate it, being the day for Mercury. In addition you could use planetary or zodiacal hours for more oomph to it. As...
Reaction score
Awards
This may help:

This also:

Odin can also be thought of as Mercurial, but Thoth and Hermes are definitely Mercurial. If dedicating to Thoth, perhaps find hieroglyphs for writing, Magick and protection and do some artwork on your ritual book.

Wednesday would be your day to create and consecrate it, being the day for Mercury. In addition you could use planetary or zodiacal hours for more oomph to it. As far as sigils, I'd recommend the idea of hieroglyphs and Thoth or Norse and Odin.

Last edited:
Solution

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Out of curiousity, what sort of thing would you regularly be petitioning Mercury(etc) for? Cause I do a bit with Mercury but just like, weekly invocations and japa for general goodwill towards my career (my job is in Mercury's domain) and then specific blessings before specific events

I can't think of how I would use a notebook, which is probably a failure of imagination on my part. Wachter's book invokes weavers because they shape your whole life, and the book involves writing a "fake" journal of your idealised life).

And then Nitika is for petitions but you generally want cash injections pretty regular.

Whereas I feel like for Mercury I either want the benefits every day (for my general writing etc) or only a few times a year (eg for luck with a grant application or something).

Are you thinking more like a hypersigil or for individual petitions? Or something else?

(FWIW for petitions I would probably use the Nitika cashbook as a template but change the correspondences to Mercury - appropriate colours, sigil on front, seal on back, invocation on first page, petitions on following pages. There's a lot of invocations to Mercury around because of planetary invocations. For Eg the Orphic Hymn, Renaissance Astrology has some in his website, or you could write it yourself). And I would make each petition an 8 day working because that's Mercury's number (Nitika book asks you to do each petition for 11 days)

And I would look up correspondences to see what else you might want to include in an activation ritual

Weaving Fate is in the library so you could look at how that's activated and get inspiration there too

Oh actually I write a newsletter that comes out every two weeks, so that might make sense as something I could regularly petition to be well written/ well received/ widely shared. And for people to become paying subscribers, since commerce is Mercury's domain too. Maybe I should get on this train after all.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Daemons (or saints for the Catholic Church) function as agents that “get the job done” better than you would yourself when dealing directly with a deity. Personally I prefer to develop my Will through rituals and never in a written form, unless the sigil or message is burned at the end of the ritual. I think that’s the reason Magickal Notebooks are held in mistrust by many mages. Daemons will find creative and (from their point of view) “funny” ways to make you pay the price for your desires.

marknoo

Visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I will read all of this (sorry, I have been very busy at work).
I would be looking for enhanced brain function, to be more articulate, I do some work online too, so Mercury would help there too. I guess it could be a series of petitons (I think the Runesoup guy puts all his sigils in a notebook and hopes for "bleedthrough" or something to help them all, he also does the robo fish thing) maybe I could get petition bleedthrough. Or it could be narrative and daily. I'm not sure how to approach it. But if ritualists are looking for correspondences, writing would be an excellent one for Mercury. As mentioned above I could use planetary days and hours too. Anyway, let me read those tutorials and try and get some good ideas.

I read both threads, that is good stuff. I read the Penulum one too. Excellent work. You do much more with yours than I do with mine. I use it pretty much exclusively for yes/no answers. I have been missing out.

I noticed that nobody mentioned Raphael Tiriel, and Taphtartharath,. Nor did anyone mention Ophiel. Is there a reason, are Thoth, Hermes, Mercury, Ganesha, are they all easier to ccontact? easier to persuade them to help you.

Last edited:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
@SkullTraill 's done a whole tutorial on a Mercury-centric magical notebook creation!