• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magick Squares

I like making squares to draw sigils and words of power from. Traditionally Magic Squares are filled with unique numbers and each row and column adds up to the same number. Like the planetary squares.
Other, letter based squares usually have some sort of symmetry. Like most of the squares in Abramelin.

What I do, is take names and convert them into numbers using plain Western gematria where A = 1, B = 2 etc.

As an example I made this square of the three superiors of the Grimorium Verum.
Lucifer, Beelzebuth and Astaroth.
I used the spelling as given. This comes to 25 letters with a total numerical value of 111.
111 sadly can not be divided into 5 equal parts, so I made a 5x5 square with 4 columns and rows that add up to 20, and the one central row and column having a value of 31.

This square is then again filled in with the letters by assigning the letters of the first name (Lucifer) to the first number of that value.

From this then sigils can be found. Red for Lucifer, Blue for Beezebuth and Green for Astaroth.

This same square can then also be used to trace sigils for the lesser spirits. For example Clauneck in Purple. This is done on the basis of the numbers (3+3+1+3+5+5+3+2)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting - have you ever tried this on English Adjectives - Speed, Rich, Peace etc?

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
@Yazata
Have you ever applied magick squares with numerology to a lottery game (select numbers based on a pattern)?

How would one go about applying these concepts to a lottery game?

E.g.
1. What is the default square structure and number arrangement
2. How would the date alter the structure and arrangement
3. Etc

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
@Irish Bard Thanks. No I haven't tried that, but the idea would be the same. Maybe something to try.
@Pestifer Mundi This isn't based on a default structure like the Planetary squares are. For their construction see Agrippa.
This square is made by taking names or words and convert them into numbers using the simple English gematria where A = 1 (...) I = 9, J = 1, K = 2 etc. And then arrange these numbers in such a way that the total of each row and column has the same value.
You can tinker with the spelling of names to make it fit (e.g. spell Lucifer with a V instead of a U or similar corrections) Ideally the value of the rows and columns has a meaningful entry in (for instance) Crowley's 777.
In this square I used the names as given in Grimorium Verum without changing anything.

As for how you could apply this to a lottery: maybe take Irish Bard's suggestion and make a square with words like "prize, rich, win, lottery" etc. And use that to construct sigils.

I have found that gazing into these squares reveals patterns (sigils, words) that can be used.

I have also found that meaning for the words (the columns and rows) can be found.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
@Irish Bard Thanks. No I haven't tried that, but the idea would be the same. Maybe something to try.
@Pestifer Mundi This isn't based on a default structure like the Planetary squares are. For their construction see Agrippa.
This square is made by taking names or words and convert them into numbers using the simple English gematria where A = 1 (...) I = 9, J = 1, K = 2 etc. And then arrange these numbers in such a way that the total of each row and column has the same value.
You can tinker with the spelling of names to make it fit (e.g. spell Lucifer with a V instead of a U or similar corrections) Ideally the value of the rows and columns has a meaningful entry in (for instance) Crowley's 777.
In this square I used the names as given in Grimorium Verum without changing anything.

As for how you could apply this to a lottery: maybe take Irish Bard's suggestion and make a square with words like "prize, rich, win, lottery" etc. And use that to construct sigils.

I have found that gazing into these squares reveals patterns (sigils, words) that can be used.

I have also found that meaning for the words (the columns and rows) can be found.
I was thinking of something more like the actual numbers used in the lottery drawing are what make up the square, and a certain pattern usually has X amount of numbers for winning tickets in each drawing, because the number arrangement would change based on some numerological rule.

From there you could find the most optimum pattern and know which numbers have a higher likelihood of being drawn on a specific day

How awesome would it be if you used something like this to win the lottery. Since you're rich you'd be able to spend more time researching the occult.

Do you know of any books that are an intro to magic squares for noobs and allows you to learn about the fundamentals of it?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I already wrote that the basic method for Planetary squares is covered in Agrippa's Three books. Donald Tyson explains the two methods to construct them very well. Those type of squares though only use each individual number once. And all numbers are in a sequence (1-9, 1-16, 1-25 etc.)
Letter based squares are usually symmetrical in one way or the other. Examples of these are the Abramalin squares. Aaron Leith explains a lot about these (somewhere on the internet 😄)

I think if you want to use certain numbers (like a date you mentioned) you would have to make a custom square for which no easy 'one fix for all' rule exists other than having the columns and rows have the same value.
I explained how I did that for my example in the OP.

Take all the numbers you want to use (dates, your lottery picks, etc)
Count these and find the root to make a square (9 numbers is a square of 3x3, 16 numbers is a square of 4x4 etc)
Add all numbers together and divide the total outcome by the number of rows / columns, and that is the value your rows and columns will have to have.
In my example I had 25 numbers with a total numerical value of 111.
The root of 25 is 5, so a square of 5x5.
111 can not be divided by 5, so I made 4 rows that have the value of 20, and 1 that has 31 as the value.

These squares are unique and there is no set formula to construct them other than what I described here.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I've always been fascinated by stuff like this, after first seeing the SATOR square. This is that next step where you create and use your own squares, and the programmer part of my brain loves that kind of thing. I don't really have any experience using squares yet, but definitely something I want to do some work with.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
Oh @Yazata I just remembered this software that might interest you. I remember downloading it years ago and I could never find a use for it, but you probably will as you seem knowledgeable , especially when it comes to sigils

Well that's assuming this software is programmed correctly and constructs sigils in an "accurate" way

Enter any words into the program, and it transforms them into numeric values and magical sigils

If you discover anything interesting about how to utilize this tool please keep me updated, maybe it could help me discover something.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks Pestifer. I watched the video, I'm not familiar with his 6 based numerology.
The program looks interesting.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks Pestifer. I watched the video, I'm not familiar with his 6 based numerology.
The program looks interesting.
If I remember you can change the base, so you can probably adapt it to what you're used to

What are these "single line" sigils though?, and what book can I read to get a basic understanding of what they are and how they are constructed?

When I think of "sigil" I imagine something much grander looking (many distinct symbols in a pattern). So the first time I saw this software I was confused about the nature of these kinds of sigils. I still kept it saved just in case.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Single line sigils? I think you may be confusing seals and sigils. Sigils are based on a grid and connect dots (usually).
Seals are most likely letters of a certain alphabet placed on too of each other or arranged in another way to create a visually pleasing symbol (symmetrical or otherwise)

Edit:
And for a grid for these sigils you can use a custom made, like a square or the pyramid in your video, or a more well known like the Rosey Cross of the Golden Dawn