• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Mansion of the Moon cards

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I printed out the images from Mansions of the Moon by Christopher Warnock onto cards

kx90OS2.jpeg

I'm using them as altar cards (Helios Unbound involves spending a month summoning each of the spirits of the lunar mansions)

But I realised after printing that they're now a divination deck - I could use them for questions of ritual timing etc

Illustrations are by Nigel Jackson who did the Mediaeval Enchantment Tarot, which is an esoteric/hermetic/alchemical deck, worth checking out

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Those cards are beautiful and I kind of wish there was an Official release as a Divination/Oracle Deck.

I'm also really tempted to get a Copy of Helios Unbound if for nothing else to read it and maybe take some ideas from it to help me structure my own operation.

I've had both it and 21st Century Mage in my Amazon Wishlist for ages.

But that was a Rad idea to print those cards to use for Lunar Mansion Invocations.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm also really tempted to get a Copy of Helios Unbound if for nothing else to read it and maybe take some ideas from it to help me structure my own operation.
Yeah I think it definitely helps with motivation, too. I'm much less worried about the final invocation because I feel like I'm still doing worthwhile magic along the way (as opposed to pure prayer for 6 months)
Post automatically merged:

For the Mansions, Helios Unbound just has you evoke 1 per day, starting with whatever Mansion it is on the day the month begins.

But I'm being a nerd about it and looked up the exact time it moves into each mansion and when the moon is going to be void-of-course etc.

Part of me suspects that this is counterproductive to the HGA process (that is: it's indulging in perfectionism and unnecessary extra research, which are flaws me. It would be more balanced not to try and Optimise the instructions. Ah well.)

Last edited: