• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Most Innocent Demon To Work With ?

Someone's asking for help!

jattx

Visitor
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
New to Occultism — Need Guidance


Hi everyone! I’m completely new to occultism and just starting to explore this subject.


I’d love to hear from experienced members: Where should a beginner start, and what should I learn or practice first?


I’m especially interested in understanding the basics of occultism, different traditions, and how beginners can approach the subject safely and responsibly.


Any advice, book recommendations, or beginner-friendly resources would be greatly appreciated! 🙏
 

Dyn Hysbys

Zealot
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
108
Reaction score
203
Awards
2
Hi, and welcome!
The occult is a very wide umbrella, so knowing what to suggest is pretty tricky. Could you maybe give some idea of what drew you to magic/the occult? Any experiences you might have had?
The thread title mentions demons, so are you interested in grimoire magic, demonology, Goetia etc?
Take your time and explore the resources here, there's a lot of good stuff, and ask away!
 

Morell

Apostle
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
5,001
Awards
21
(joke) finding innocent demon must be harder than finding a virgin in a whorehouse...

(serious) I assume that this means that you want to start small and with the being that is the least dangerous or unpredictable. Can't really complain about careful approach. Starting small is wise thing to do.

@Dyn Hysbys is correct in asking what type of demon and what type of system you do want to follow. If you don't know then that is where you want to start - seek the grimoirs and the books on the subject and study.

Along with that, I would recommend some introspection on why do you want to delve into this occult stuff. You need to be honest with yourself. Also helps a lot if you seek your own self development and self-improvement. That is great asset in the long run. If you know yourself at least in what you stand at and what do you want, if you are not lying to yourself, then you can do quite well. Its a grow, so also, know that you can screw up, happens toe everyone.
 

lucidum71

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 8, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
Hi. It depends on the system you use to call upon demons. For example, there are the Solomonic method, pathworking, and demonolatry, among others. It also depends on your affinity with the demon and on how open your perception is to recognizing when they arrive.
 

BBMage

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Messages
42
Reaction score
62
Depends on the system you want to work with. For beginners, I have found Damien Echols and S. Connolly to be good sources as they do a good job clarifying procedures. If you want to speed up your workings, pick a system that you resonate with and stick with just that one until you know it well. You don't need a lot of equipment to start either. If you like the system, make or buy the physical materials for it later. One of the biggest problems I see with new people is jumping from one system to another without fully establishing their connection or understanding of that magical current. Ideally you should take time to integrate what you are experiencing as well. I don't recommend jumping from one initation to another either. Give yourself at least 30 days to sit with the energy. This will teach you a lot and give you a more stable foundation for future, more complex magical operations.
 

cminatani

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
One good source to consult might be the Book of Enoch which speaks about fallen angels and what they taught mankind. In addition, taking various traditions, religions, myths and legends in mind, there are differences between Demons and Daemons, that many people often use interchangeably, rightly or wrongly.
 

levi777

Apprentice
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
52
Reaction score
18
An innocent demon, maybe it is an angel, so try Enochian summonings and evocations. Dr. John Dee has developed a whole system on how to summon angels. So maybe is that you are searching for.
 

Zero The Fool

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 18, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
23
The most innocent demon to work with would be an angel. I recommend A Modern Angelic Grimoire by Rufus Opus. He provides a beginner-friendly method of angel magick that is modern in its mindset but traditional in its form. Work the angels in the reverse of the order they are presented in the book, however.

Do not jump straight in to Enochian. It's very advanced stuff and has been known to drive some people insane.
 

hyoshiki

Neophyte
Joined
Jul 6, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
My background is mainly in Onmyōdō, Shinto, and Esoteric Buddhism, and I started studying Western magic a few months ago. I’m glad I started with Damien Echols - High Magick. I’ve read several books for beginners, but his book was well organized, with practical exercises that are easy to follow.

For me, carrying out the rituals from The Lesser Key of Solomon was not that difficult, since I already had some confidence in my abilities from my experience with traditions other than Western magic. However, I sometimes felt like I experienced attacks from demons.

I had some serious backlash from using rituals from Esoteric Buddhism in the past, so I think it might be better to build up confidence and experience for several years before starting to work with demons. You may end up getting seriously harmed if you don’t know what you’re doing. I’ve seen many people suffer serious consequences from curses.
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
116
Reaction score
104
Awards
1
This might sound funny, but create your own. You won't have to worry about how "innocent" the demon is, because you created it.. It is personal to you-- and you are more likely to believe in it and its powers because you Gave it its powers.

This is like creating a sigil, but more powerful I would imagine-- because there are so many layers to the intent with a characterized demon than a simple symbol.

Afterall most of the demons people summon were made by fictional writers of some of these grimoires.. It was afterall a trend back in those days to create such works.. and be as creative as possible.

Give it a name, attributes, corresponding elements..

Here's a chart: fill this

Name of Demon:

Image of Demon:

1) Planetary association:
2) Color/ Secondary color:
3) Incense associated with demon:
4) herbs/plants:
5) crystals, stones associated
6) Metal associated with demon
7)Element associated with demon: (Air/Water/Fire/Earth)
8) Day associated/Hour associated
9) Nature of demon, its attributes, its origin:
10) What type of energies or works does the demon govern or perform:
11) Angels associatedw ith Demon
12) God names associated with Demon
13) Paths/ Tarot relations:
 
Top