• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Music] Music suggestions for altered states of mind.

A post about music...

Lurker

Neophyte
Reaction score
I like freaky meditation music with tension, so I avoid the ones with sappy chord changes.

I'm big on solfeggio frequencies these days. When I first started listening to them I would let the videos play all night. They spiked my dream activity for a while, but then the dream activity tapered off. I guess my unconscious mind got too used to them.

This is something different, and one of my very favorites.

Good topic, and good video!
Post automatically merged:

For working with the angelic realm I prefer Greogian chants with binaural beats. The binaural beats create tension, and for me, deXtianify it.
I get an error box saying I can't post more than two pieces of media, so used a non-media link to one of my favorites.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

mjesecC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I like freaky meditation music with tension, so I avoid the ones with sappy chord changes.

I'm big on solfeggio frequencies these days. When I first started listening to them I would let the videos play all night. They spiked my dream activity for a while, but then the dream activity tapered off. I guess my unconscious mind got too used to them.

This is something different, and one of my very favorites.

Good topic, and good video!

For working with the angelic realm I prefer Greogian chants with binaural beats. The binaural beats create tension, and for me, deXtianify it.
I get an error box saying I can't post more than two pieces of media, so used a non-media link to one of my favorites.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
This is probably tres gauche, but I just recently stumbled onto the experience that "Orinoco Flow" puts me in a condition for visualization exercises.

mjesecC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This is probably tres gauche, but I just recently stumbled onto the experience that "Orinoco Flow" puts me in a condition for visualization exercises.
That's a lovely song!
As a child, I was fed a steady stream of New Age so, to this day, I get the tingles with Enya, Vangelis, Enigma, etc.

mjesecC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I really like any Post-Rock, but I have this on vinyl and just saw them

Thanks for your suggestion!

Love that stuff ♥️
The second video reminded me of a playlist I made a couple years ago with some dark ambient classics like Atrium Carceri, Dahlia's Tear and Ugasanie 👌🏼

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
That's a lovely song!
As a child, I was fed a steady stream of New Age so, to this day, I get the tingles with Enya, Vangelis, Enigma, etc.
It gets hated on a good bit by folks who react to the term "New Age" and not to the music as such. Musical and literary genres can debilitate as much as they enlighten.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm curious about the tunes that take you all for an astral spin, so to speak.

I suppose I would rate this song a "level 1" on the astral-spin-scale. It's a nice warm-up vibe for me.

The Story of a Ghost

Here's one of mine trusted-and-true paths for kick-ass altered states of conscience:

Wow. Ok. Clearly I have some catching up to do.

mjesecC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I suppose I would rate this song a "level 1" on the astral-spin-scale. It's a nice warm-up vibe for me.
I'm thoroughly enjoying this groovy beaut ☺️
Thanks a lot!
One of my neurospicy obsessions is music in addition to being somewhat a synesthete (?), so this gave me the right kind of tingles ✨
Wow. Ok. Clearly I have some catching up to do.
I must admit that there is not a single iota of chill in me when it comes to frequencies that bring people down to the underworld 😅 (so I'm the one who must hakuna her tatas)

Mars

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This one is genuine:

Also the version in original speed:

Very close to the sounds and whatnot you can hear during sleep paralysis. Makes me wonder if the artist used it as inspiration. Would be based if he did.

mjesecC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for your input, @Mars ! I'm loving it to bits!
So as not to be off topic, would you mind if I pmed you to ask about your experience with sleep paralysis?

Mars

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for your input, @Mars ! I'm loving it to bits!
So as not to be off topic, would you mind if I pmed you to ask about your experience with sleep paralysis?

If you like this type of music, you could look up phonk. The ones without lyrics often have beats and rythms like the ones I shared.

And yes ;)

mjesecC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I really enjoy Phonk, Future Garage, Chillhop, etc 🥰

Great! Will do, thank you so much!

Xag9

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm curious about the tunes that take you all for an astral spin, so to speak.
Here's one of mine trusted-and-true paths for kick-ass altered states of conscience:

I use this song when I am doing physical manifestion for a spirit after my evocation. I first meditate, evoke the spirit, ask for a physical manifestion then put this song and I observe the spirit in my physical vision. Funny thing that ayin means eye in Hebrew and I always use this song to manifest spirits in a beholdable for.

The second use that I have for this song is for a cool down after workout, work or study sessions and as a mini yoga nidra meditation.