• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

My Issues With Ghost Hunting

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
In the end I must say that the most dangerous ghosts were played by living humans with some interest to keep people away.
Thank you. I had always wondered about that. I.e., What if these abandoned, supposedly haunted places are areas where certain illicit human activity is happening? And what if the people doing these things have knives or guns?

Yes, I think I'll just stay home. 🙂

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The most dangerous "ghost" was a neighbour haunting a building site because he wanted to prevent a planned beer garden in the commonly used yard. He had changed a padlock to an identical one he had the key for. Then he got in and threw the axes. I waited there at night and caught him red handed and he served some years in jail for several cases of attempted murder. Not funny at all.

Reaction score
Awards
I wonder how many of them get some spirit mad and go home with an attachment after screwing around at a site or cemetery.
Come to think of it, maybe visiting my Moms grave several yers in a row generated attachments, in which case maybe I should donate beautification to the grounds by sprinkling flower and herb seeds at nearby graves, and leave coins at the door, donating 50 to the cemetery func might be good karmic psy.

Reaction score
Awards
One thing I found out, was that while working Mortuary Transport, one night I had a page t go out to BFE tp pick up a body. Driving home on a dark and lonely freeway, I heard a groan and mumble. Freaked me the hell out enough to pull off and have a smoke.

Later I found out that while the body is purging, gas travels back up with least resistance throughout the throuat, hitting the vocal chords in the process. That is the only good side of a putrefaction process of the body purging all else.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
My issue is less with "Ghost Hunters"(which I see more as people seeking to entertain others with spooky stories) and more with the "Paranormal Investigators".

See, when someone claims to be an investigator you would think that they have a certain skill set, a method, a professionalism towards investigation and the solving of a case.

Yet most of said "paranormal investigators" look more like people trying out a hobby rather than actual professionals that do know what they're doing.

None of them do actual research of places, history and people aside the bare minimum needed to tell a story.

None of them are(or have in their group) people with actual skills to deal with entities(even those that claim to be mediums usually seem to be poor oner since they themselves do not seem to go prepared to defend themselves if needed be) and if necessary the rare human unknowns(homeless people, drug addicts, criminals, etc.) or even beasts.

No decent preparation aside the usual "P.I. gadget" that, as far as I've seen, can be the same as "nothing" or not be used properly.

So in the end, they're everything but investigators.
Seriously, never saw a decently professional and prepared group, usually it is a "Scooby Doo group" of sorts that pretend to be legit investigators.I think most of them actually wouldn't know how to deal with a being following them home or even might make things more difficult for those that live in haunted houses.

Exactly because they lack the knowledge, experience and professionalism.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
One thing I found out, was that while working Mortuary Transport, one night I had a page t go out to BFE tp pick up a body. Driving home on a dark and lonely freeway, I heard a groan and mumble. Freaked me the hell out enough to pull off and have a smoke.

Later I found out that while the body is purging, gas travels back up with least resistance throughout the throuat, hitting the vocal chords in the process. That is the only good side of a putrefaction process of the body purging all else.
You missed the chance to get yourself a propper tongue phurba!