• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!
Talk about a book(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.

FraterDeweyDecimilus

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to post a lot of material but I would rather post useful books that people on here are actually going to read and utilize. I was considering doing folders but I'm not even sure what to put in them and don't want to waste the limited space in MEGA because I use that for some of the folders for my students.
I have plenty from both Eastern and Western Traditions and my Zoroastrian/Babylonian (Persian/Parsi/Iranian/Indo-Germanic) collection isn't too shabby, getting a little better all the time actually. Lots of Tantra books and Eastern works (Mantras, Yantra, Yoga, Tantra, Shaiva Shakti, Dzogchen Buddhism, Dao/Taoism, Chi Gung (Qi Gong) and lots of that sort of Mysticism oriented literature (Mysticism is the key to successful Magickal Practice.)
I haven't been doing much in the way of traditional or, direct evocating recently but, I still have a fairly large collection of texts on the subject. I think that there's actually plenty of decent material already posted on here in that regard.
I don't know if it's copacetic to post things that I have written for my own research / practice and/or for students or some of the docs I have created for the same purposes that are distillates or transcriptions but, I have a few I think could potentially be really useful for practitioners of any level (and I like to think it's pretty interesting stuff too) I just haven't necessarily seen anything like that posted. I'm not charging money for any of it so I'm not sure why it would be an issue but, I figured I'd offer anyways.
Hermeticism is technically my thing, Hermuzicism is what I've taken to calling it in my head and even some of my writing. So, being the Synctetism in a very Complex Monotheism (Monopolytheism sounds like do not pass go do not collect two hundred doll hairs I guess) type of Practitioner I've cast the net pretty wide over time. Science articles and university publications to standard texts I have a veritable shitload of what I like to consider fairly good quality for the most part. Occasionally I have texts for very small chunks of information. You never know how important those bits might be at some point.
I'm guessing some of the Hyperborean Hermuzicism texts like Serrano or Nimrod DeRosario wouldn't make it if I tried to post it but, on the off chance that's an incorrect assumption there's some Hyperborean Hermuzicism texts that I actually believe are incredibly valuable (and are also directly tied to the book(s) I'm writing right now.
I have a boatload of RC, Memphis Misraim, Illuminist/Scientific Illuminist/RC Illuminati, Martinist, B.o.L. (also M.M. F.M.ry technically) and Templars and Hospitalers and Oddfellows texts mainly because of my work with Mind Unveiled and partially for researching for my books but, I'm absolutely not a lodge guy and don't want any confusion about that.
I think that should about cover it. Yes, I'm long winded. Yes, I have OCD. I don't know what to tell you. Some folks find it very useful and that's all I actually care about. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
This kind of post accomplishes nothing. This section of the forum is intended for discussing and reviewing specific books or asking for recommended reading about a specific subject. Simply telling everyone that you have a lot of books on a variety of subjects doesn't help anyone. While the spirit of generosity is always welcome, get your mind in gear and organize your thoughts to actually accomplish a specific goal that is useful for the forum within the written rules and implied boundaries of forum etiquette. For Example: Share A Single Book. Discuss the practical applications of an important Magical Text....

FraterDeweyDecimilus

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This place absolutely never fails to amaze me. Can you show me where the post you voluntarily read hurt you? How about a suggestion? Couldn't just throw something out there. I sometimes wonder what some of you are like in real life. Probably not the life of the party I would imagine. Sometimes I wonder if anyone here actually does any of this work lmfao. Just little tightly wound balls of rage in my experience. Maybe I should post Liber 420 or some Holotropic Breathing. You guys make jokes about me and meds but, I'm not actually on any but most of you absolutely should be.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Can you show me where the post you voluntarily read hurt you?
She's a staff member here. She volunteers to read through most posts to make sure that the forum remains a workable place for the rest of us. That is, she helps to ensure that it's not littered with adverts for unasked for services and impulsive, verbal meltdowns.

It's very simple. If you have a book to share, upload it to mega.nz and share the link in the right section. If you're looking for something else, like approval, be clear about it. And put it in the right section.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to post a lot of material but I would rather post useful books that people on here are actually going to read and utilize. I was considering doing folders but I'm not even sure what to put in them and don't want to waste the limited space in MEGA because I use that for some of the folders for my students.
Mega gives you a free upload allowance 20 GB. I've uploaded tons of books since last July and still have 6 GB left. Just create folders for certain subjects, like e.g. Mantras or Dzogchen, add a list of the books in your post and you're done. Simple.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to post a lot of material but I would rather post useful books that people on here are actually going to read and utilize.
Go to "Book Requests" and filter by "Open Request" and that will tell you what people are looking for and can't find!

Of course sometimes people might not know what they're missing out on, so they have asked for it, but not much you can do about that.

For me, quality matters more than topic. I'd rather read a very insightful book on magic I'm not interested in, than a mid book on what i am interested in

The exception is HGA stuff - I'll pretty much read everything on that at the moment, any quality. i think I've read most of what's out there, but you never know

FraterDeweyDecimilus

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Go to "Book Requests" and filter by "Open Request" and that will tell you what people are looking for and can't find!

Of course sometimes people might not know what they're missing out on, so they have asked for it, but not much you can do about that.

For me, quality matters more than topic. I'd rather read a very insightful book on magic I'm not interested in, than a mid book on what i am interested in

The exception is HGA stuff - I'll pretty much read everything on that at the moment, any quality. i think I've read most of what's out there, but you never know
One of the first actu
Mega gives you a free upload allowance 20 GB. I've uploaded tons of books since last July and still have 6 GB left. Just create folders for certain subjects, like e.g. Mantras or Dzogchen, add a list of the books in your post and you're done. Simple.
My quick reference folder is 58.4 gigs. That's maybe 1/15th or less of my entire library. Heavens forbid anyone make a suggestion as opposed to whatever you term the outbursts you folks come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.