• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

needles and pins?

opiumpoetry

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've read that some people use regular needles, push-pins or even thumbtacks for their dolls. Others use special voodoo push-pins that are long with skulls on top. Does it make a difference? Also, do black push-pins really attract negative energy? Would red push-pins be just as good for hexing a target as black ones? Thx in advance.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The original voodoo practicioners did not have a wide selection of hardware at their disposal, the just used what was available (the ancient Greek used nails, for example). The main thing is intent and the intensity of emotion you employ when charging an object. If black signifies bad luck for yourself to you, then don't use such push-pins (easy to call that mere superstition, such belief will affect you nevertheless). I would simply choose the nastiest pins I could find - nails may even look nastier, more blunt and less 'surgical'.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I've read that some people use regular needles, push-pins or even thumbtacks for their dolls. Others use special voodoo push-pins that are long with skulls on top. Does it make a difference? Also, do black push-pins really attract negative energy? Would red push-pins be just as good for hexing a target as black ones? Thx in advance.
You could avoid the whole problem by using fire couldn't you? But then there'd be the knotty problem: Bic Lighter or Zippo? Seriously, the point is that one is using a sharp object as vehicle for his will. Don't worry too much about fashion statements here.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
No matter whether you buy your tacks at Walmart or dig up some graves for coffin nails in an ancient New Orleans cemetary, your spell will be unsuccessful if cast in an absent-minded and unfocussed manner. It's the user of such objects that does the magic, not the objects themselves.

opiumpoetry

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. I'm a novice and learning a lot from your feedback. Thx again!:cool:
Post automatically merged:

The original voodoo practicioners did not have a wide selection of hardware at their disposal, the just used what was available (the ancient Greek used nails, for example). The main thing is intent and the intensity of emotion you employ when charging an object. If black signifies bad luck for yourself to you, then don't use such push-pins (easy to call that mere superstition, such belief will affect you nevertheless). I would simply choose the nastiest pins I could find - nails may even look nastier, more blunt and less 'surgical'.
I meant attract negative energy in order to send it out at my target. My bad.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for all your replies. I'm a novice and learning a lot from your feedback. Thx again!:cool:
Post automatically merged:

I meant attract negative energy in order to send it out at my target. My bad.
Let us know what results. Even old dogs like to turn new tricks. Or some such thing.